[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm a music conservatory graduate. I spent years analyzing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: kendrick.png (756KB, 692x692px) Image search: [Google]
kendrick.png
756KB, 692x692px
I'm a music conservatory graduate. I spent years analyzing music for grades, so when I come across something that's garbage, I know. Kendrick Lamar's music has the melodic complexity of a train horn (actually less; train horns often are tuned to a tritone, which seem to be absent in his music) and the lyrical complexity barely goes beyond a 3rd grade vocabulary. Not only is this music intended for ignorant audiences, it's intended to provoke ignorant young people into committing crimes, in order to fill the for-profit prisons in the US. How's that for an unpopular opinion?
>>
your right, I love hip hop, but since im educated and white, i take it for what it is, and am not getting corrupted, like i have friends that listen to nothing but trap shit, that's it. like they are just ingesting violent shit that changes their mood and will not change it. shit is fucked up in a lot of ways. nowadays kikes take the most pathetic kids from shit neighborhoods, give them a shit contract, and get them to rap about the shit they signed a garbage contract to get the hell away from. its wicked. it really is. hip hop is about expressing emotion, like spoken word, but from the mindset of an angry young black kid. not because their surroundings are pleasant, but because they stressed out from all the bullshit. it's sad man. corrupting and manipulating the easiest targets.
>>
Pretty stupid tbqh senpai, just because you know how to analyze music doesn't mean you have objective taste. If I had to trust someone to analyze rap music I'd probably listen to someone who had studied poetry. Also Kdot doesn't make his own beats dummy.

B8 taken
>>
>>72280849
You don't "analyze" Kendrick's beats yo. You fucking feel them. Same goes for the lyrics
>>
>spends time shitposting on 4chan about rappers
>music conservatory graduate

this guy fucks
>>
>>72280908
>If I had to trust someone to analyze rap music I'd probably listen to someone who had studied poetry.

This. My english lit teacher fucks with kendrick heavy, that being said he is probably going to hate DAMN.
>>
>>72281462
english teacher here. i fucks with Damn heavy.
>>
>>72281462
>>If I had to trust someone to analyze rap music I'd probably listen to someone who had studied poetry.
Well Kendrick said his parents pushing him into poetry class as a kid is what made him begin writing rap bars. I wish I could find where I read that, doesn't appear to be on his wiki page

> that being said he is probably going to hate DAMN.
There's still some good story telling and wordplay in a few of the later tracks. Not as heavy as TPAB but still
>>
>>72280849
>people are still falling for this pasta
>>
>>72280849
>Kendrick Lamar's music has the melodic complexity of a train horn
You say that like melody is the most important part in rap songs.
>the lyrical complexity barely goes beyond a 3rd grade vocabulary
You don't really need a vast vocabulary to write good poetry. It certainly helps, but it's not required. That's an hyperbole, also. We both know you don't really believe that.
>>
>>72281462
>>72281548
Duckworth features his best lyrics. Fight me
>>
>>72280849

>guaranteed replies
>>
>>72282396
DUCKWORTH is definitely in his top 3 but Sing About Me I'm Dying of Thirst is his magnum opus
>>
I'm a music conservatory graduate. I spent years analyzing music for grades, so when I come across something that's garbage, I know. Kendrick Lamar's music has the melodic complexity of a train horn (actually less; train horns often are tuned to a tritone, which seem to be absent in his music) and the lyrical complexity barely goes beyond a 3rd grade vocabulary. Not only is this music intended for ignorant audiences, it's intended to provoke ignorant young people into committing crimes, in order to fill the for-profit prisons in the US. How's that for an unpopular opinion?
>>
it's fun music, sure it's not complex and certainly not experimental like some people claim, but it's fun.
>>
>>72282504
Noice pasta
>>
>>72282504
darn anon i dislike Mr. Kendrick Lamar (also known as K-Dot) and his music now~!
>>
Melody isn't everything guy. Some of us really enjoy rhythm and texture too. Melodies are the easiest aspect of music to get bored of for me
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.