[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the hip hop community's opinion on Madvillainy?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: hqdefault.jpg (11KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
11KB, 480x360px
What is the hip hop community's opinion on Madvillainy? Is it dismissed as an album for genre tourists?
>>
>hip hop community
so.. niggers?
>>
>>72262953
>black people listening to MF DOOM
Nice try.
>>
The mainstream community doesn't even have an opinion on it. The underground/enthusiast/mu community loves it. It think they love it so much, talking about it is boring at this point. It's not for genre tourists, people that don't like hip-hop probably won't like Madvillainy, but you're likely a newfag if you're gushing over it. Imagine someone posting "the cake is a lie" on /v/ and thinking they are clever.
>>
It's a loved classic and well respected but not too many people in the hip hop community will have it in their top 5/top 10. Definitely not dismissed as an album for genre tourists at all
>>
>>72263020
This.
>>
Explain genre tourist.
>>
>>72262905
Nobody really knows about it in the modern mainstream hip-hop community. It's a classic underground though.
>>
The general community has no idea what the fuck it is.
MM...FOOD is about on par with it. DOOM is just a master wordsmith, and the beats are interesting if you've never head Madlib's shit before. If you like it the first time you listen to it, you'll continue to like it into the future.
>>
>>72263252
Someone who only listens to albums (from any genre) just to say they like them on the internet to prove how good their taste is. These are they people that subscribe/shill VinylMePlease, post in 3x3 threads, ect.
>>
>>72263370
Jesus, that's the most autistic thing I've read today.
That whole statement implies you can't like multiple genres; especially some more than others.
>>
MF Doom is probably the best rapper to ever live. I'm glad he was never mainstreamed to normieism. Honestly, the older I get the less I can stand listening to rap, except for Doom. The guy has literally said the same line twice, unlike every other rapper who has a vocab of about 200 hundred words total.
>>
MM...Food is substance
Madvillany is style

Also, if its an album for genre tourists that is a good thing, since its great. Although illmatic is probably a more egregious example.
>>
>>72263572
*never said the same line twice
>>
shit version of Take Me To Your Leader
>>
>>72263370
so literally everyone here, even me
got you
>>
>>72263020
That's just not true.
>>
It's well respected in the hip community. Nobody cares if people that like other genres like it as well
>>
>>72262953
lol xD
>>
>>72263020
What is this post even

What is this thread
do you guys honestly think this is some obscure gem of the genre

jfc
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.