[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how do you all go about checking out new albums? do you listen

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_1496.jpg (1MB, 1536x2976px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1496.jpg
1MB, 1536x2976px
how do you all go about checking out new albums? do you listen to some albums till you're familiar with them (like 1-5 at a time for example), listen to full albums once and decide off that, listen to part of an album and see if you like it, or do you just hoard music and listen to whatever?
i'm trying to get a more organized method of approaching new music.
>pic related
>>
listening to music shouldnt be a fucking chore
listen to what you want when you feel like it, otherwise youll drain all the joy out of it
>>
I sit and listen to a full album
If a like it I listen it again
if not I don't

see u next week
>>
>>72260240
dumb fucking post
>>
>>72260240
i guess that's kind of what i was getting at, i want to explore new music without feeling like it's a chore. some of my favorite albums definitely took a bit to grow on me, so i want to take my time listening to albums i'm interested in without it feeling like an undertaking. im just not sure what the "best" outline is for that approach so i'm looking for suggestions
>>
>>72260145
Some stuff I give two listens no matter what, if it's got a reputation
Other more randomly found stuff I'll throw one listen but not guarantee it another unless I feel like it
>>
>>72260452
if you put in the work you'll get more out of albums that have more to offer. you just gotta pickem properly. the enjoyment lies within the piece, which you must "grab" with your ears, not in the brine of your psyche
>>
>>72260240
>"Listening to music shouldn't be a fucking chore"
This.
People on this godforsaken board get waayyy too fucking weird and NEET-ish with their music. Like music is the only thing that matters aside from taxes and dying. Music is allowed to be fun. Fun is a bad word when it comes to music, because it makes people feel as if the "art" behind it is diminished. But it isn't. Everybody needs to fucking chill out.

To answer OP's question, just turn the album, play a game or some shit while it's playing, and if it bored you, then there ya go. If it made you pay closer attention, then keep it in regular rotation. You don't have to go full on weirdo with it and fucking sort your music according to sub-sub-subgenre and hoard music. Just listen to it and move on or explore more. Doesn't have to be hard.
>>
i listen to an album 2 times, rate it on rym and never listen to it again
>>
>>72260533
>brine of your psyche
This may be the most pretentious statement on this board.
>>
>>72260709
Why does RYM matter to anyone ever?
>>
>>72260742
inorite
>>
>>72260676
i don't listen to music for hardcore patrician artsy bs, i listen to it for how it feels. i just explore new music whenever i feel like i need more variety/something new, but some albums just don't immediately resonate with me on first listen. the way i normally try to explore new music just sometimes feels wrong and exhausting, .
thanks for the advice though, definitely will try doing that.
>>
>>72260827
I feel. I can get that way as well. That's when I just stop listening to music 24/7, when I feel burned out. But yeah man, if something doesn't hit you just right, just listen to something you know is great and come back to compare feelings.
>>
>>72260886
i'll definitely give that a try, thanks
>>
File: 1481917443666.gif (537KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1481917443666.gif
537KB, 480x270px
>>72260742
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.