[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

lol why is there only one /general/ thread here for 30+ years

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 1

File: kiss_logo_black.png (29KB, 540x321px) Image search: [Google]
kiss_logo_black.png
29KB, 540x321px
lol why is there only one /general/ thread here for 30+ years of different bleeps, bloops and other electronic based music?
>>
>>72257146
What? There's about 30 hip hop threads in the catalog, isn't that enough already?
>>
The same reason theres only one /general/ for 40+ years of metal. Did you just come from Reddit?
>>
>>72257183
>comparing 1 rock subgenre to 6 different genres
>>
>>72257191
What six genres? Wouldn't they all be subgenres of electronic?

Either way make a general who cares. Make 30, one for each year.
>>
>>72257217
Electronic isn't a genre
>>
>>72257227
Oh, so what six genres?
>>
>>72257263
Techno
House
Breaks
Hip hop
UKGarage
Downtempo
>>
>>72257279
So techno, house, garage and breaks are all 4 completely different genres and not subgenres of anything? Could you give an example of each?
>>
>>72257296
Yes, all different genres.

If you are this clueless you need examples to know what each 30 year old genre sounds like there's no hope.
>>
>>72257227
>>72257279
>UK garage is a genre of electronic music
Have you tried telling Wikipedia that? Is there a more reliable source to use?
>>
>>72257309
I didn't really imply that I needed it. I'm interested in your examples since you're obviously more invested in the topic than me.
>>
Are freak folk, crust punk, reggae, thrash metal, flamenco and shoegaze all the same genre because they all use guitars?
>>
>>72257380
No but they're all subgenres of the same genre although I'm not particulalry familiar with flamenco and reggae since they're a little too ethnic for me.
>>
>>72257380
Shoegaze, crust punk and thrash metal which are actually very closely related are all very obviously subgenres of rock. You're other 3 examples are a little trickier for me.
>>
dance music isn't that interesting to listen to. it's more interesting to dance to.

there also don't seem to be many DJs on /mu/.

personally i'd love threads about club classics from the boogie era (1980-83-ish) but they don't seem to happen much.
>>
>>72257796
>dance music isn't that interesting to listen to.

What about ambient techno, minimal techno, dub techno, ambient house, trip hop, downtempo, psybient?
>>
>>72257146
>lol why is there only one /general/ thread here for 30+ years of different bleeps, bloops and other electronic based music?
because /mu/ is autistic and only cares about charts to force some good or bad taste.
/bleep/ allows anyone to post what they want.
>>
>>72257146
For the same reasons https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piBqsmYcj0s&ab_channel=RichardMarkus and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBZ-pmN5T0A&ab_channel=HorstJaquet or https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8HVG-ERJU0&ab_channel=TimGracyk and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8NEL2tagOs&ab_channel=Rogerrogerjazzfan are discussed in the same thread.
It'd be annoying to have 8 different threads when one umbrella term can unite them and those individual threads wouldn't do as well by themselves.
>>
>>72257848
still not that interesting to listen to honestly - there's not much to talk about from one artist to the next, outside of a few exceptions like basic channel.

i was a house DJ for 10 years, I love dance music to dance to and I listen to a lot of it, but I can't say I'm all that surprised that it has a low presence on /mu/
>>
>>72257146
No vocals to sing along too
>>
>>72257146
septics
>>
>>72258097
10 years of being a dj but still clueless lmao
>>
>>72258773
this looooooooooool
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KNe2no_WSg
>>
>>72257309
>there's no hope

The finale refuge of a man that is wrong.

You only listed three genres, btw. Hip-hop, downtempo, and dance music.
>>
>>72261165
>dance music is a genre

Don't make me post my helicopters.
>>
>>72257393
>they're all subgenres of the same genre

No. Freak folk, flamenco, and reggae are effectively subgenres of folk, which is distinct from rock.
>>
Are house and techno EVER not in 4/4??
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.