[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are people so afraid to admit that this album doesn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

File: damn.jpg (246KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
damn.jpg
246KB, 1200x1200px
Why are people so afraid to admit that this album doesn't live up to his previous works? Not only that, it's mediocre. Bloggers are bigging up this album more than tpab.
>>
>>72252051
>a corporate mainstream artist gets a lot of attention and doesn't get bad reviews

Is there anything wrong?
>>
>>72252051
maybe it's just really good?
>>
>>72252051
nobody wants to admit travis scott is the new face of hip hop

no one
>>
because it's subjective, you can have a differing opinion and not be wrong
>>
>>72252138
yeah but whose opinion bears more fruit?
>>
Well OP, many people have very different tastes in music. Maybe all those guys just liked it more than you?
>>
the bar is set really low in rap, and everyone wants to proclaim someone the GOAT every 3 months or so whenever a new album drops or a diss track surfaces. With this release people have become so fanatical that they've actually begun making up conspiracy theories and shit after it dropped to rationalize why the half-baked album they listened to was the product of an intellectual titan named kung fu kenny.

the reality is it's a good album, but it's nothing groundbreaking or truly impressive. the worst thing is the nasally delivery of a 5'5" manlet who rapcrys over some good beats.
>>
>>72252157
Yours for no reason
>>
>>72252291
thanks senpai
>>
>>72252051
I personally like it more than TPAB. GKMC is a masterpiece that will never be contested though
>>
File: 1492484199649.png (45KB, 666x458px) Image search: [Google]
1492484199649.png
45KB, 666x458px
>>72252051
Why are you so afraid of this albums massive success, and great reception from fans and critics, why does it upset you so?
>>
>>72252240
You're so out of the loop and completely talking out of your ass, this is the funniest comment i've ever seen lmaooo
>>
>>72252406
>referencing metascore

can you be any more of a normie pleb?
>>
call me a contrarian but section.80 is his best
>>
the more i listen to it, the more my preconceived expectations fade for the better. this is section 80 matured.
>>
>>72252448
it's a fucking critic aggregator. what's the issue?
>>
>>72252429
he has a point...

he's talking about the mainstream anon
>>
>>72252429
nah. i'm on point, that's just how things are at the moment. being out of the loop means subscribing to theories about albums that never came out or seeing depth and complexity in things like track listings where there is none.
>>
>>72252406
hold the fuck up, that can't be real. i hope people really arent rating this trash that high.
>>
>>72252498
thinking aggregators mean anything when discussing the merits of an album
>>
>>72252550
your comment wasn't far-fetched at all, but i don't think people want more music from because of an underwhelming release. the people waiting for more are normies who care more about quantity over quality.
>>
kendrick stan here, DAMN. is good but not better then TPAB.
>>
I don't hate it, But his lyrics don't really blow my mind desu
>>
>>72252590
I just mean from a fanatical and hyperbolic standpoint it means that people are seeing depth and complexity where there is none (or less). I'm not saying he's shit, or that all his fans are delusional, but some of his fans and critics are really trying to make a mountain out of a molehill here (or a giant out of a manlet).
>>
>>72252705
Stans just want the same thing over and over again
>>
>>72252406
>above SMILE

yeah, no. that's a fucking sin
>>
>>72252119
>nobody wants to admit travis scott is the new face of hip hop

die
>>
I've only given it a few listens, and haven't really looked at the lyrics alongside it, but I really enjoy it sonically so far.
>>
>>72252406

I really love the album, and think it's his best work, but I think being the highest rated album of all time is kind of crazy. That being said it'll probably rest at 97 at the most after pitchfork and rollingstone get to it.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.