[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello /mu/ I'm looking for some more acid music in the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: download.jpg (5KB, 174x162px)
download.jpg
5KB, 174x162px
Hello /mu/

I'm looking for some more acid music in the vein of AFX's excellent analord series (imo his best body of work).

All the acid techno stuff i can find seems to be harsh, heavy, maximum overdrive on the 303s. Not really for home listening. Analord is more chilled but also musical, complex, interesting.

I've listened to a lot of Luke Vibert's stuff, and i love a lot of what he does too. So, what else is there?

Cheers anons.
>>
Luke Vibert is good.
Check out Caustic Window, another alias of Richard
and also peep Dave Monolith (MNLTH) who's album TIME really tricks me into thinking it's RDJ.
>>
File: 1492386428627.jpg (246KB, 960x954px)
1492386428627.jpg
246KB, 960x954px
>>72246093

Thanks man. Yeah I've heard pretty much every note of music RDJ has ever put out, I'm a fanboy saddo and no mistake.

I've heard that monolith name before. Checking out what's on the tube now. Pretty nice so far. Smooth. Not a patch on Rich ofc, but nobody is, haha.

Have a pretty girl for your effort!
>>
>>72246060
what luke vibert is your favorite?
>>
You're better off browsing IDM than Acid Techno to be honest. Most of Acid Techno is exactly like the style you don't seem to like.

Check out Richard's other project The Tuss for more.
>>
File: a2059959487_10.jpg (627KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
a2059959487_10.jpg
627KB, 1200x1200px
Check out Ceephax - Cro Magnox. It was a breakthrough for him. It's different from Analord acid or Luke Vibert acid in that the 303 is tucked away but it finds its way into most tracks, including ambient compositions on the 303. Was blown away when I first heard the album because Ceephax had a tendency to make raunchy acid bangers, wonky shit, and hardcore rave acid before this release.

There are also some lesser known artists doing acid like EOD that you can find out about through youtube channels such as "ballacid".

>>72246093
Dave Monolith is super talented, I love his record Welcome
>>
>>72246320

Lover's Acid i reckon. Totally different sound to Analord, but a similar vibe. All of his albums (and EPs) are worth checking out though, not a single bad one on the bunch.
>>
while an aphex general is here can somebody rec me something similar to Drukqs
i wanted to buy it but that much money for a record on vinyl is not something i can afford
>>
>>72246320
Benefist under his Ace of Clubs moniker has some perfect acid
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TC3SjsiWdWw&index=1&list=LLrm_hmiT5In8kYJfh4juVxA
>>
File: Cover.jpg (393KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Cover.jpg
393KB, 1200x1200px
>>72246431
if you're looking for breakcore, can't go wrong with some v.snares (actually you can go wrong, easily, lmao). listen to calvacle of glee and etcetc (pic)
>>
>>72246431
There really isn't much out there similar to Drukqs. That is a truly unique record

That said, you might be able to find something that piques your interest from experimental OGs like Philip Glass or Stockhausen. Also Aphex's Computer Controlled Instruments is clearly predicated upon a lot of the techniques used in Drukqs. Finally, there might have been a few tracks in the massive Aphex soundcloud leak a couple of years back that were Drukqs-esque.
>>
>>72246487
that artwork is giving me the cyriak vibes
did he made it?
>>
File: 1492386859145m.jpg (169KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1492386859145m.jpg
169KB, 1024x1024px
>>72246423

Ah nice one. Yeah I'm listening to some mnlth on that exact channel now.

I've heard a bit of ceephax before too, but not the release you mentioned. Cool. Noted.

Have a hottie too!
>>
>>72246360

I think a lot of the problem i have with the IDM genre is all the damn glitchy stuff. I guess i like more ambient music, but with a bit of acid and electro thrown in the mix. That's why analord i think is my favourite music ever.
>>
>>72246431
There's nothing like Drukqs, but you can try:
ยต-ziq - Bluff Limbo (no drill'n bass here)
Clark - Clarence Park (Clumsy first album but there's definetly an AFX vibe in the way the album has been produced)
I don't know shit about The Flashbulb but i know he's one of "Aphex's children"
>>
>>72246060
check out ceephax as people already have mentioned, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6JEXquWC7A this masterpiece, obital,lfo, human action project (flashbulbs acid stuff)

>>72246431
>>72246737
check out bogdan raczynski, uziq's stuff as another anon said and clark and flashbulb, kettel is really good esp wingtip, xanopticon has some good stuff, cylob does too
>>
also youd probably like plaid but youve probably heard plaids stuff already
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.