[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was there ever an age or time in your life where you didn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 10

File: Kanye-West-Kardashians_510.jpg (26KB, 510x322px) Image search: [Google]
Kanye-West-Kardashians_510.jpg
26KB, 510x322px
Was there ever an age or time in your life where you didn't like Kanye West?
>>
middle school and early high school where i was a RAWK kid and didn't appreciate hip hop in any way whatsoever
>>
Never liked him, never will.
>>
right now
>>
>>72243402
There never was and probably never will be
>>
>>72243451
This
>>
Anybody with any semblance of taste will dislike him
>>
high school when i hated anything mainstream

now i adore kanye
>>
death grips for normies
>>
blasphemous kanye hate itt
>>
File: streetye.jpg (113KB, 538x737px) Image search: [Google]
streetye.jpg
113KB, 538x737px
>>72243402
I used to be one of those who disliked him without listening to his music, probably because I thought I was cool if I hated chart music. When MBDTF came out and I decided to give it a listen. Now I love the guy
>>
File: fear_him.png (661KB, 1400x786px) Image search: [Google]
fear_him.png
661KB, 1400x786px
>>72243890
Same, every media outlet and website painted Ye as an arrogant asshole so I didnt bother listening until TLOP came out. Thats when I listened to his whole discography
>>
I hated him when I first discovered hip hop and went through my "real hip hop" phase. Now I recognize that he is the GOAT.
>>
When I was in junior high I was obsessed with Daft Punk so I hated Kanye for "stealing" harder better faster stronger lol. Then I become more familiar with what sampling was and started liking Kanye in high school
>>
File: jSpiaIT.jpg (195KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
jSpiaIT.jpg
195KB, 1080x1080px
>>72243402
when I was an edgy middle schooler
>>
>>72243402
yeah before I listened to his music actually
>>
>>72244425

I had that exact phase.

It wasn't until a few years ago did I actually appreciate that whole album as a whole.
>>
meanwhile you disgusting white shits were listening to garbage like the beatles and afi, niggas were listening to kanye, e40, mike jones, lil wayne and shit.

e40 was clearly the hnic but kanye was better than most. nigga is alright as an artist but still dislike him as person cause hes a generally piece of shit
>>
Coming from a black neighborhood I didn't really know much about Kanye besides Gold Digger, Can't Tell Me Nothing (was chopped and screwed alot), Heartless, and his verse on Put On. I saw him as an arrogant version of Flo Rida or Pitbull for some reason.
When TLOP came out I decided to do a full listen of his discog and he's been my favorite rapper ever since.
>>
File: 1492123466822.jpg (5KB, 252x150px) Image search: [Google]
1492123466822.jpg
5KB, 252x150px
>>72246031
>saw him as an arrogant version of Flo Rida or Pitbull for some reason.
>>
I was high as shit a few months ago and had a crazy epiphany about Kanye actually being great and coming into my life like a saving life. Now I love him. You don't find Kanye, Kanye finds you
>>
>>72245367
lol, white kids born in the early 90s grew up listening to every rapper you just named
>>
>>72246044
Yep, I legit thought he was just some other rapper. That's what most outlets were making him out to be.
>>
I never listened to his music. Only aware about the ego claim and being a Kardashian baby daddy, but his breakdown last year (and the corresponding threads on /pol/) made me realize he has talent.
>>
MBDTF was his last good album.
>>
from 2007-2010 he was almost as hated as trump
>>
>>72243402
When I realized he's got bipolar or some shit.

I don't fuck with crazy people unless they are people I consider family.
>>
>>72246242
His only good album actually.
>>
File: obamaeyes.jpg (29KB, 599x337px) Image search: [Google]
obamaeyes.jpg
29KB, 599x337px
>>72243402
i bought college dropout in a target on cd when i was 17 because i thought the cover looked cool. i'd never heard of him, but i fucking loved that record and i've liked kanye ever since.
>>
>>72246478
edgiest of the edgelords
>>
I USED TO LOVE KANYE I USED TO LOVE KANYE I EVEN HAD THE PINK POLO I THOUGHT I WAS KANYE
>>
>>72243402
no, not even when i didnt listen to hip hop much. always respected him as a musician. i remember being in middle school and hearing "stronger" on the radio and wanting a graduation cd more than anything.
>>
>>72243402
literally no.
I was 13-14 when I heard All Falls Down.
Nobody in pop music has had that kind of sensibility since. He is one of the last true pop artists.

A tastemaker instead of malleable little cuck who bends to the stupid requests of the public.
>>
>>72243451
This
>>
File: adorable.jpg (58KB, 356x267px) Image search: [Google]
adorable.jpg
58KB, 356x267px
>>72246634
>>
File: 1481961361081.png (271KB, 349x450px) Image search: [Google]
1481961361081.png
271KB, 349x450px
>>72243402
Nope, I've loved him since I was 9 and I heard college dropout.
>>
No. He has always been the king of my heart.
>>
>>72246443
*2007 to 2017
>>
>>72243402
I hated hip-hop (or at least I made myself believe I did) as a kid and tried to distance myself from it.
But I remember when Stronger came out and being intrigued, that may be what got me into Daft Punk.
I didn't start listening to him till I kept hearing Power on the radio in Saints Row, but I already liked him before that because I've always hated Taylor Swift.
>>
I have never liked him

go back to KTT and rot
>>
>>72246443
After seeing the shows just before the election , I couldn't fault him no matter he does. They were unrepeatable in our life time.
>>
>>72243402
nope. i didn't care for him or his music when hating him was a thing but then I became a huge dickrider. now im back to not caring but i do listen to his new music when it comes out
>>
>>72244425
Same, but with King Crimson.
Dismissed the guy until I got on /mu/ near TLOP release and decided that there should be some credibility to a guy if everyone fawns over him so much.

Living in the non-english speaking country Stronger and Power were actually probably the only Kanye songs one could hear, so it's more like noone actually listens to him, the media outrage doesn't reach us.
>>
>>72246160
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2T0fMkZoMo

I hope you've seen this interview my man.
>>
>>72246205
>but his breakdown last year (and the corresponding threads on /pol/) made me realize he has talent.
>>
>>72243402
i didnt like him (hated him) until i listened to one of his albums
i think it was MBDTF
>>
>>72247465
Besides the threads being posted about Trump, rehab, and MKULTRA, there was a great thread that had anons posting his songs. I'll check if I can find it in the archive, but it opened my eyes.
>>
>>72243451
>>72243466
>>72243676
>>72243706
>>72243744
edgy
>>
When I was a middle schooler. Then I heard "Heartless" in "intro" to this freaky 3d animated underground-feeling Final Fantasy hentai.

Then I really liked that song, but didn't listen to him 'til Yeezus came out (when I finally had an mp3 player and could listen to what I wanted).
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.