[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Disturbed covering "Sound of Silence" is probably one

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 7

Disturbed covering "Sound of Silence" is probably one of the funniest things to happen in pop music. Though I hate Disturbed except "Sons of Plunder" (because who can hate something that "of its time?") I find myself really enjoying the deep baritone to orchestral arrangement that they used. However I really more enjoy it in theory, I would probably listen to a full album of songs like this. Even if it was by Disturbed.

Is there a band that has a full album of this orchestral minor-key baritone crooning that anyone could reccomend me?

The rest of the "Immortalized" album by Disturbed is laughable by the way in case you wondered. The song before it is literally called "Fire it Up" and is about 420W33DDUDELMAO. It even starts out with audio of a guy hitting a bong and that audio lasts like 15 seconds.
>>
>>72238875
My dad likes disturbed, he's 43, he also thinks disturbeds covet is better than the original.
>>
>>72238909
Everyone I have spoken to about it thinks the cover is better than the original. If it weren't for the "TO THA NEON GODD THAAY MAAIIYYYEEED" I might agree. Its impassioned, thats for sure, but its not as good as the original. I honestly don't know why people like it so much besides the "DUDE IT GETS SO EPIC WHEN HE STARTS SINGING ABOUT THE SING LMAO"
>>
The cover is awful and it's funny to me how it's their most popular song
Imagine being in a metal band and a cover of a pop song being your biggest hit
>>
>>72239310
Wait is that actually true? Down With the Sickness is huge. I mean it might be bigger than anything recent they've made, but they haven't made anything that mattered in like 10 years.
>>
>>72239333
It's literally the single biggest thing they've ever done, even compared to their hayday prime.

And yeah, it still blows compared to the simplicity of the original rather than disturbed forcing a basic concept down your throat with extra emphasis.
>>
>>72239365
>Down with the Sickness on Youtube has 46 million hits
>Sound Of Silence has 211 million

JESUS CHRIST. What a blow to the artistic integrity
>>
I just learned that performance was nominated for a Grammy. It wasn't THAT good.
>>
>>72238875
Try the mmmhhmmm song by the Crash test dummies
>>
File: 1492357372275.jpg (436KB, 1182x966px) Image search: [Google]
1492357372275.jpg
436KB, 1182x966px
>>72238875
>It even starts out with audio of a guy hitting a bong and that audio lasts like 15 seconds
>>
Probably the most boring song ever
>>
This cover and Johnny Cash's version of Hurt are both huge fucking jokes, in the sense that they both completely suck ass compared to the originals yet they still get the fame and praise for the songs.

I sincerely hope that someone goes and kicks David Draiman in the teeth and then proceeds to go knock over Cash's tombstone and take a shit on his grave.
>>
File: Subway.jpg (386KB, 870x432px) Image search: [Google]
Subway.jpg
386KB, 870x432px
>>72239595
But THA WORRDS OF THA PROFETS AREE RITTTEN ON THA SUBWEIIIII WAAAAALLLLSS
>>
>>72239559
the crash test dummies had some of the best written songs of the 90s. brad's voice for sure caught people's ears, love or hate it...
>>
>>72239559
>THERE WAS A GAAARLLLLL

>THERE WAS THIS BOIYYYIYEH

>THE JERCH FLOOR

Why do singers do this?
>>
>>72238875
What if Sounds of Silence started with 15 seconds of silence, that would be artsy fartsy af dude.
>>
>>72239829
Because Eddie Vedder.
>>
>>72239844
What if it started with 15 different silent sounds?!

>cut to David Draiman rubbing feather over microphone, farting silently into it, and breathing softly on it.
>>
>>72239858
I honestly really hate the way he sings and can't understand why anyone would enjoy it.
>>
>>72239858
except it mostly sounds good when Vedder does it.
>>
File: 1489277479815.jpg (16KB, 300x261px) Image search: [Google]
1489277479815.jpg
16KB, 300x261px
>>72238875
>The rest of the "Immortalized" album by Disturbed is laughable by the way in case you wondered. The song before it is literally called "Fire it Up" and is about 420W33DDUDELMAO. It even starts out with audio of a guy hitting a bong and that audio lasts like 15 seconds.

not kidding
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jct3HKRYU2A
>>
>>72240773
Im surprised that people are surprised by this.
>>
>>72239429
>pop music
>commercialized "metal"
>integrity
yeah. damn. wew.
>>
>>72238875
So much worse than the original. Pretty sure this is also their most popular song.
>>
>>72238875
so glad they killed that meme song
when your aunt and dad start spouting "hello darkness my old friend" you know it's gone terminal
>>
>>72238875
what are you talking about, they have one of THE best songs of the decade

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWYiw3ZdqWs
>>
>>72238875
I liked when they did it live on TV with glaringly obvious autotune. Like wow dude that's not very "metal" of you
>>
>>72240773
Lol HOLY SHIT. What a joke
>>
which is the bigger piece of shit, this or limp bizkit's cover of behind blue eyes
>>
>>72243009
L
I
M
P

FOREVER
>>
>>72240773
Holy shit. I knew they weren't going strong the last decade but they went completely off the rails
>>
this is the kind of song which would make your plebeian roomate say "dude, have you listened to the sound of silence by disturbed??? its sick!!"
>>
>>72243275
Or the kind where my wife comes to me and asks me if I've heard Disturbed's "amazing cover of Sound of Silence" and I think she's joking all the way up until she turns on the youtube video.
>>
File: IMG_6806.jpg (1MB, 2016x1512px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6806.jpg
1MB, 2016x1512px
My bandwidth was put into good use

T-thanks guys
>>
>>72239756
Ehhh, Cash's Hurt is at least a different perspective on the same song, although I agree that NIN original is much more interesting and isn't so basic.

However, it has some taste, unlike the Disturbed's cover that throws all of the subtlety out of the window, going for "muh epic orchestra and look how loud I can sing" instead, ruining the whole fucking song.
>>
>>72239829
It's called having an accent.
It's part of having a personality. Give it a try.
>>
The cover fucking sucks cock, easiest way to spot a pleb
>>
>>72243583
Thank you for using Winamp.
>>
>>72243583
It really whips the llama's ass!
>>
File: FullSizeRender.jpg (1MB, 1436x1916px) Image search: [Google]
FullSizeRender.jpg
1MB, 1436x1916px
>>72244418
>>72244262

sorry if the image is upside down or sideways, posting from a phone is a hit or miss
>>
>>72238909
Holy shit! Are you me?
>>
>>72238909
>>72244655

>I'm 44
>I browse mu, fit, ck, tv, pol
>I don't like Disturbed and buttock in general
>>
>Song is called sound of silence
>Covers it as a grandiose epic with a climax
how hard can people just miss the point?
>>
>>72244655
>>72244941
>being over 40, posting on /mu/ AND liking disturbed

Where the fuck did everything go so wrong in your life, famalam? Like damn nigga lmao
>>
>>72244941
>I don't like buttock in general
kek. more of a tit man?
>>
>>72244941
I much prefer buttmeal
>>
File: disturbed bono.jpg (40KB, 422x540px) Image search: [Google]
disturbed bono.jpg
40KB, 422x540px
>that cover of "Shout" where he just randomly shouts "ICE ICE BABY" for no goddamn reason
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.