[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Now that the dust has settled what's the consensus? Disappointment?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 335
Thread images: 32

File: Damn.jpg (8KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
Damn.jpg
8KB, 275x183px
Now that the dust has settled what's the consensus? Disappointment? One of his best?
>>
>>72238693
Big disappointment, worst of all his studio albums
>>
>>72238693
i will never believe anyone who says it's better than TPAB
>>
It's good but no where near his best. I put it above S80. So his second worst album.

It's still a lot better than most rappers best.
>>
>>72238693
Strong 7
>>
>>72238693
I really like its better
>>
>>72238869
TPAB was shit
>>
Its growing every day for me but I don't think it can top TPAB, which is okay. It's a very enjoyable album on its own.
>>
>>72239065
if TPAB was shit this album is toxic waste
>>
>>72239065
How?
>>
it's extremely overt, but this is kendrick at his most technical rapping. i also like the future-soul beats. but in general, yeah i wish there was more storytelling present in his other work. i guess it does give the vibe of ANTI-KENNY on purpose though
>>
>>72239117
It's boring af.
>>
In terms of personal enjoyment, I rank it as my second favorite Kendrick album so far. I get that TPAB has more meaning, and I love that record too, but you pretty much have to sit there and listen to that whole album. Individually the songs don't hold up as well in my opinion. Even at his worst (Section 80) he's still a solid 8/10 though.
>>
>>72239142
Pretty much agree with this
Imo
GKMC > DAMN. > S.80 > TPAB > UU

I couldn't get into TPAB outside a few tracks
I justy dont think the instrumentals went well with kendrick's voice, even though i did like the two by themself, coming together just didn't sound that great imo
>>
>>72238693
DUCKWORTH. is one of his best tracks. FEAR. and LUST. are great as well. I could leave tracks like GOD., LOVE. and the chorus of XXX. I'm totally addicted to this album's vibe. The other tracks are good for trap and more Drake-type melodic stuff, but I'm not big on them. All in all, a very enjoyable concept album sans a few tracks.

[spoiler]can't wait for part 2 later today[/spoiler]
>>
File: 1457962107756.jpg (39KB, 452x526px) Image search: [Google]
1457962107756.jpg
39KB, 452x526px
GKMC > DAMN > TPAB > UU > S80
>>
>>72239273

Objectively true
>>
>>72239273
Switch s80 and UU and you're good
>>
>>72238693
Slightly better than TPAB, not as good as GKMC.
>>
>>72238693
Pretty nice production but big disappointment overall. I can already see it being forgotten.

It's basically the album I expected him to drop with TPAB. Lyrical rappers never last beyond 2 or 3 albums because they run out of things to say and don't have the musical inclination/creativity to make up for it.
>>
>>72239273
Put Damn at the bottom and I'm satisfied
>>
it's a drake album
>>
>>72239440
I agree with this but I hated the production on some songs, not saying it was bad but I hate trap shite
>>
File: 1492284847667.jpg (7KB, 180x180px) Image search: [Google]
1492284847667.jpg
7KB, 180x180px
>>72239449
>Its a Drake album
>still ends up being better than anything he's made

really strudels the noodle...
>>
Replay Value/Enjoyable:
S80>DAMN>GKMC>UU>TPAB

Content Value/Lyricism:
TPAB>DAMB>GKMC>S80>UU
>>
GKMC > TPAB > UU > DAMN > S.80

Some facts
>>
>>72238693
I still need to listen to it a few more times but so far it's a huge disappointment.
Nothing but commercial rap.
Maybe it'll grow on me
>>
>>72239497
this is literally perfect anon, good job
>>
It feels like this should have been the first album after S.80 but at the same time possesses qualities of GKMC and TPAB, I'm still hoping it's a two parter because it feels underwhelming as a whole. There are some great tracks but it lacks the cohesiveness of the last two albums but isn't as lose as UU.
>>
>>72239487
whether it's better or not is irrelevant. kendrick raps the same way as drake, even uses drakes semi-singing shit. kendrick even uses very similar ambient shit backing tracks, like drake does.
>>
TPAB>DAMN=GKMC>S80

In terms of replayability, though, its the best.
>>
>>72239547
element is the only real song that reminded me of Drake for all the reasons you stated.
>>
>>72239520
define commercial rap.
>>
please help me find the main guitar sample in PRIDE.
>>
I really don't like it. It blows my mind that the guy who gave us gkmc and tpab gave us this pile of generic blackwashed trash.

If there's some underlying narrative or concept aside from being the most cookiecutter rap album ever, it's lost on me
>>
>>72239151
It's exciting. If anything, GKMC is boring at times.
>>
I like Kendrick because I live in LA and his music always captures the vibe here really well. Damn sounds a bit like something I would have heard on MTV in the early 00's. Not really a fan.
>>
TPAB was a really unique album pushing the genre forward, very few albums these days feel like that. This one just feels like a step back, not really anything new or innovative, just kinda generic.
>>
>>72239631
also loyalty, love, and god
>>
>>72239739
>lost on me
It's about trying to decide whether he's a good person or not. Just listen to XXX - he gets a call from a friend that asks for him to pray for him and guidance because his son was just killed. Kendrick responds by saying, "I know what I'm supposed to say and what God says is the right thing, but if it was my kid I'd kill whoever is responsible." Then he lays out how he would go hard on someone who messed with his family but stops short because he has to give a speech to kids about gun control, ironically.

the whole album is about this duality of wanting to be a good person but being a slave to your DNA/programming and trying to figure out how to balance the two.
>>
>>72239805
>pushing the genre forward

bruh it sounds like flylo made a tribe called quest album. i love kendrick as a rapper but i wouldn't call him forward thinking ever
>>
>>72239810
I think this is a good example of how DAMN is a mishmash of concepts in the genre just sort of thrown together with no overarching cohesive force

"Need to pay the bills, guess I'll kick out an album of some of my cuts." - KL 2017
>>
>>72238693
im still undecided. but it's between a 4.5 and a 5.5. Tho to me it wasn't a disappointment sense I don't think any of his other records were masterpieces. He is like the Beatles of hip hop, unoriginal content but it's easy to listen so people like it.
>>
File: 1474573753737.jpg (8KB, 240x239px) Image search: [Google]
1474573753737.jpg
8KB, 240x239px
>>72239151
>Music criticism in 2017
>>
I give it a strong 6 or a light 7
>>
>>72238693
I came buckets!
>>
>>72239837
either that or it's a diss album, mocking other rappers styles, lol

i'm glad it isn't one-dimensional in its sound though
>>
GKMC>TPAB>S.80>DAMN

it's about a 7/10
>>
It is as good as the last 2 albums. Who cares if slightly better or worse, its just great and good clasic for the years to come.
>>
Disappointing.
>>
I'm waiting for P4K to tell me what to think of it.
>>
>>72239648
Whosampled you cuck. Otherwise it's not a sample
>>
>>72238693
Bigquint put it best: It's dope as fuuuck.
I enjoy it more with every listen. Much more sublte than his other albums as well.
>>
I think it's pretty good. Fear, XXX, and Duckworth are god-tier. There are some low points, but even the generic songs like Yah are done well. Anybody who thinks it's worse than a 6 has questionable taste.
>>
>>72238693
TPAB > GKMC > DAMN > S80 > UU

this is objective btw
>>
>>72239739
I feel like i would've preferred another more story telling album but i still like it a lot

>>72239823
I agree with this
I feel like the theme is similar to TLOP but more about you as a person vs who you should be while Pablo is more fame affecting who you want to be
Both have a theme around God and self though
>>
>>72238693
why are u fags stil talking about this ""artists"" that doesnt even produce his own music. so who cares he didnt even make the songs. Just wrote some words for it.
>>
>>72239234

God fucking kill yourself
>>
>>72240349
What's wrong with that??
>>
>>72239739
maybe pay attention to the consistent theme of reversal. The album is very conceptual it jsut doesn't force the concept down the listeners throat like his earlier albums. Apart from that, his flow and the beats are just very enjoyable.
>>
TPAB (9) > GKMC (9) > S.80 (7) > Damn (6/7)
it's his worst yet but still better than the vast majority of hip hop that comes out. XXX Fear and Duckworth are unlikely to be topped as far as rap this year goes.
>>
>>72238693
his worst album by far
people under 25 who listen to drake and migos will probably like it though
>>
>>72239273
GKMC>S80>UU>TPAB>DAMN.
>>
>>72240419
>UU>TPAB
retard
>>
>>72239824
Which is infinitely more innovative than Drake / trap / futurebeats
>>
From a completely unbiased opinion because I only started listening to Kendrick at the start of this year, consider the following.

TPAB > GKMC > UU > DAMN > S80.
>>
>>72238693
He's a pretentious nog.

His music is annoying, tacky, pretentious bullcrap that communicates nothing of value and the more you listen to it the worse it gets.

This album is nothing new. Next thread.
>>
File: 43952411.jpg (15KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
43952411.jpg
15KB, 259x194px
>>72239273
UU > TPAB > DAMN > GKMC > S80
>>
>>72240120
they'll give it an 8.8 BNM but that will secretly be a pan. also the review itself won't talk about the music but the political implications of kendrick's rise and his apparent anger with himself
>>
>>72240549
I think you meant to use < anon, not >
>>
>>72238693
It was a fine album but I'd group it with Overly Dedicated and Kendrick Lamar EP (UU if you don't want to go back that far), its not the big three.

The only thing it has over S80 is the mixing and mastering quality. S80 retains its ranking because Kendrick was still hungry as a lyricist. Although Kendrick is at his prime conceptually, his lyricism was sharper on OD, S80 and GKMC to an extent that we may never see again.
>>
TPAB>GKMC=S80>OD>DAMN=UU>KEP>C4>HYNIC
>>
Gonna be Blonde of 2017

It doesn't stop growing on me and I listened to it 10 times already. Even took a shot at that reverse theory and liked the album that way too, really recommend trying it, there are a few lyrics that start making much more sense, and otherwise you can say it puts everything a new interesting perspective, changing the concept.

I'd put it on par with TPAB as an album (concept/lyrics and all), but it is infinitely more enjoyable to listen to, you don't have to sit through the whole album or stop on e.g. King Kunta + These Walls + Alright + How Much A Dollar Cost, getting a half-baked experience. Every song on DAMN. is self-contained and enjoyable on its own.

Also I'm sorry, but GKMC didn't age that well and after both TPAB and DAMN. I have no desire to come back to it.
>>
>>72239926
Kek
>>
>>72240484
>t. dumb frogposter
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (157KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
157KB, 1280x720px
I don;t expect anyone here to know who this guy is, but his name is Skooly.

If anyone has listened to Skooly's music, can you let me know if I'm the only one who thought Kendrick sounded exactly like him on LOVE? I actually had to check to make sure he wasn't a feature.
>>
>>72240419
This family
>>
>>72240926
listening to LOVE again I hear what you mean
imagine kendrick ft. rich kidz
>>
File: 1484375709968.jpg (668KB, 5000x5000px) Image search: [Google]
1484375709968.jpg
668KB, 5000x5000px
TPAB>DAMN>GKMC>S80>UU

I have no idea where people are getting the idea that UU is anything but his worst. It's literally the scraps from his better albums.
>>
>>72239547
>Kendrick raps like drake
wow its almost as if they're the same genre.
>>
>>72240564

That's what I'm hoping for. Mainly so I can discount both Kendrick and P4K.
>>
Better than To Pimp a Butterfly but not as good as Untitled Unmastered.
>>
>>72241292
you know what he meant so why did you make this stupid comment?

>infinitely more enjoyable to listen to
agreed

>>72240576
disagree. i think he's more subtle now if anything. not that those albums aren't greatness, but he's still there. Just changed up the way he approaches lyricism in his work.

>>72240484
>communicates nothing of value
either you are 14 as indicated by your PoV and meme picture, you just aren't paying attention, or this is b8.
>>
File: 1434706330349.png (1MB, 1798x821px) Image search: [Google]
1434706330349.png
1MB, 1798x821px
>>
Real strong 8 to maybe a light 9 if I'm really feeling it.

All these songs got some great replay value. I also like how these songs all feel different and independent enough that there's an even spread of each song being people's favorite.
>>
>>72239497
100 percent agree with this.
>>
>>72241288

Untitled 2,3 and 7 is better than anything in Damn
>>
>>72241347
bait
>>
>>72238693
9/10 solid
>>
>>72238879
this
>>72239065
wrong/bait
>>72239142
some of his strongest flows are here (DNA, FEEL)
>>72239273
i could agree with this although i think DAMN and UU are equal and TPAB is better than both
>>72239440
idk what ur talking about dude, this is gonna be in the top albums of the year
>>
>>72239234
I would probably switch DAMN and S.80 but otherwise correct
>>
GKMC >>>> TPAB > DAMN
>>
>>72238693
Honestly didnt love it as much as TPAB, but still a really fucking good album
>>
This album is about feeling alone at the top.
>>
>>72239843
give him a break. he released two godtier rap albums in the span of 3 years. he's allowed to take a breather if he wants because he has nothing to prove. even if this is a more casual album it's a damn good one at that
>>
>>72241288
>scraps can't be good
One artist's trash could be a fan's favorite ie Kanye - Never See Me Again is one of my favorite Kanye tracks

Although i do agree with you in this situatuon that UU is bottom, i can understand why some enjoy it
>>
a god released another 9/10 minimum and a lot of people chatting shit
>>
The album deals with a few interesting themes which are present through out it's entirety. A few to mention is reversal/opposites staying loyal and others people's motives that keep them loyal.
It's so subtle though i wish it was more in my face because for the first time ever I've had to actually sit there and disect some lines and still have no clue what he's trying to convey take blood for example I like the idea of it being lady justice but I think Kendrick was going for something else. Not to mention lines like what happens on Earth stays on Earth or you decide wether we live or die.
Back to the theme of reversal I can't see why he chose to reverse the tracks at specific times like the hook reversal in fear and at the end of duck worth(is it the whole album he rewinds there?).

I think it's easy one of if not the best album for replay value.

Ill probably listen through it more then tpab but tpabs content lyrically was more there
Personal enjoyment:
Gkmc>damn>tpab>sec80>uu
Artistic content:
Tpab>gkmc>damn>section80>uu

I just like stories man
>>
>>72241347
Accurate
>>
>>72238693
THIS WHAT GOD FEEL LIKE
LAUGHIN TO THE BANK LIKE AAAHAAA

Pretty good, best in terms of development of Kenny's emotions, this is obviously a more reflective album. Production was really nice, but still falls short compared to TPAB
>>
>>72241714
this

>DON'T JUDGE ME
>>
I didn't like it all too much first listen. I expected a lot of energy from the album coming after tpab and gkmc and using fucking Humble as a taste of the album but it left me wanting more from it. Gotta give it a few more listens to see if it grows on me.

Did enjoy some of his performances of songs off the record more than the recorded versions in his Coachella performance last night though.
>>
>>72239440
>I can already see it being forgotten.

maybe in the top 5% of dumbest things I've seen on this board, do you live under a fucking rock?
>>
>>72241842
God is such an underrated track. I feel most people only take it at surface value because it has an accessible beat and an unusual vocal style. There is something very sad in the way he laughs AAHHAAAAA. It sounds more like he's crying.
>>
I liked a lot of the weird backwards playback effects
>>
It gets better with every listen.
>>
>>72238693
fuck everyone in the thread
the production and narrative are amazing
kenny has amazing lyricism
the album was on par with/better than TPAB (WHICH WAS A 10)

greatest rapper in the entire universe
>>
>>72242128
I think people just didn't listen closely enough to the lyrics when they say it's bland commercial rap with no purpose.

It's not as obvious as his past work because the problems aren't "obvious" problems. It's about reconciling your good and bad as a human being which is what people struggle with their entire lives. There isn't an overarching message because it's still an ongoing process that has no solution.

people shit on TPAB and say Jazz rap is boring, then he puts out an album with a more mainstream style production and gets shit on for that too.

Damned if I do damned if I don't, damn damn damn it's a god damned shame.
>>
Is DAMN. kendrick's TKOL?
>>
>>72242238
the kife of lablo?
>>
This is the list, sorry folks but its true.

GKMC>TPAB>S80>UU>DAMN
>>
>>72242128
Hey cool. The album is still boring to listen to, as was TPAB.

Lyricism and production is great I give you that but what does it give me when it's boring?

GKMC was way more listener friendly
>>
>>72242306
what is boring about it if you like the lyricism and production?
>>
>>72238693
>the dust has settled
what the fuck it's only been out for as long as he fucked the eiffel tower
>>
TPAB was a 6
GKMC a 7/8 and this one too
>>
>>72241800

thank you for at least putting a bit of effort into your post

god this board is fucking shit.
>>
>>72241800

seriously a lot of this album doesn't seem to make sense. Yet so many people want to cum gurgle it or hate on it. I don't get how so many people are posting reviews and shit when a lot of people haven't even decoded the fucking abum. How can so many people review something they dont understnad?

fficic fuck fuck fuck
>>
>>72242567
mu likes to kneejerk.

I don't know that it will ever be "decoded" since it seems to be more personal and stream-of-consciousness than the others. It's not meant to be completely understood bc Kendrick doesn't completely understand anything. It's a presentation of a paradox.
>>
I personally like this album and I'm glad to have finally gotten an aoty contender. Love fucking sucks though it sounds like some soundcloud bullshit other than that this is a unique hip hop album, it's a strong 9 for me
>>
File: 1381689697718.jpg (13KB, 317x330px) Image search: [Google]
1381689697718.jpg
13KB, 317x330px
>>72242449
>what the fuck it's only been out for as long as he fucked the eiffel tower

You tried.
>>
>>72239173
>King Kunta
>i
>Alright
>These Walls
>How Much a Dollar Cost?
>Wesley's Theory
>Mortal Man
>Hood Politics
>The Blacker The Berry
all hold up great by themselves, although that's still only half the record. But the poetry and Pac themes more than make up for that
>>
>>72242449
>being this new
>but making a good meme to make up for it
I'll let it slide this time
>>
This is the objective ranking:
1. TPAB
2. DAMN.
3. GKMC
4. Section.80
5. Untitled Unmastered

also the best songs from each album are:
TPAB - How Much a Dollar Cost?
DAMN. - LUST.
GKMC - Sing About Me, I'm Dying of Thirst
Section.80 - Ronald Regan Era
untitled unmasterd. - untitled 08
>>
>>72242723
hood politics has suck disgusting delivery
>>
>>72238879
fax. i was expecting to be disappointed but he definitely held his own on this.
>>
>>72242863
apparently so did ur mom
>>
>>72241800
>is it the whole album he rewinds there?
I think so. I think I hear the "I got, I got, I got.." from DNA. right before "So I was taking a walk the other day …" and the end of the album.
>>
>>72242830
this is extremely accurate desu
>>
>>72242975
jej
>>
>>72239954
>>72239926
>>
File: implicit content.jpg (102KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
implicit content.jpg
102KB, 720x720px
>>72238693
>>
>>72238693
you can tell right away it's shit because it's the first album he put his ugly ass on the front of
>>
>>72242284
The King of Limbs lol by radiohead you big troll boy :)))
>>
>>72243321
literally not true you pleb
>>
>>72238693

does kendrick get shot in the end? i said he did get shot and then loads of anons called me retarded.
>>
>>72243367
he gets shot in the beginning.
>>
It's really good. It's much more direct and to the point than his last few projects. One of my favorite projects so far this year
>>
>>72243418
>much more direct and to the point than his last few projects
in what way? i would argue the opposite
>>
>>72243367
he gets shot in the beginning and the end. But the ending one is more like a potential death.
>>
>>72243418
Maad City and TPAB's concepts were pretty straight forward. Can't say the same with this one.
>>
Yoooo Kenny really needs to hook up with 9th Wonder for an entire project. DUCKWORTH. is incredible. The whole damn album is dope af, but DUCKWORTH. is just some next level shit.
>>
>>72243418

If you think this album is direct you must be either really smart or really dumb and im pretty sure I know which one is gonna be more likely..............................................
>>
>>72239739
>cookie cutter rap
Element, Loyalty, Humble, Love and God are the only songs that can fall into that category at worst. That's less than half the album

Are you telling me songs like DNA, Lust, Fear and Duckworth aren't on the same level as his other stuff if not better?
>>
>maybe i wasn't thereeeeee
This song hits me so hard
>>
>>72242830
100% agree with your rankings

Best songs imo:
TPAB - These Walls
DAMN. - DUCKWORTH./FEAR.
GKMC - Sing About Me, I'm Dying of Thirst
Section.80 - Fuck Your Ethnicity/Chapter 6
untitled unmasterd. - untitled 08
>>
File: 1492130820320.jpg (175KB, 689x689px) Image search: [Google]
1492130820320.jpg
175KB, 689x689px
THIS is the coolguy ranking:
BEST: Good Kid Maad City
2ND BEST: DAMN.
3RD: To Pimp A Butterfly
4TH: untitled unmastered
5TH: Section.80
>>
It's growing on me a lot. I like how Kendrick seems to be making two albums at the same time with songs contrasting each other.

tPaB > GKMC > DAMN > UU > Section.80

but honestly DAMN. could end up taking over GKMC
>>
It's really great but in a different way that TPAB is great.
>>
>>72243673
>Best songs imo:
>TPAB - These Walls
you're a fucking pleb, the best track on tpab is momma
>>
File: 1400271547702.gif (342KB, 153x113px) Image search: [Google]
1400271547702.gif
342KB, 153x113px
>yfw XXX for the first time
>>
>>72238693

I gave this album an honest chance and I don't get it. It is legitimately terrible music. It sounds like any other garbage hip hop out right now. I miss when Kendrick would actually spit hot verses like on Section 80.
>>
>>72243937
b8
>>
why does seemingly every hip hop album in the past 3 years have this really awful, tinny percussion?
>>
>>72243950

Why does everyone keep saying this? There are no tracks on here like Ronald Reagan Era or Keisha's song.
>>
>>72242830
switch DAMN and S.80 and id agree with you

tpab - momma
gkmc - sherane or sing about me
s.80 - poe mans dreams
damn - fear or pride
uu - lmao they're all 5/10 tracks

>>72243833
yes famo

these walls is not even in the top half of that album
>>
>>72242723
>mortal man
No, that one is definately an "album" track
>>
I really dont like the "make every track as crowded and overloaded as possible with random sounds" style.
>>
>>72243997
because you're making claims without saying anything.

What do you mean like those songs? what quantifiable thing about those songs is different?

If you want lyricism look at XXX where he talks about someone asking him for prayer and he turns it into a call for action and violence even though he knows that's wrong. He talks about how America and the community is obsessed with violence and they keep getting stuck in a paradoxical cycle of doing it over and over again even when they know it's wrong.

Look at Feel where he criticizes himself for perpetuating a broken cultural system while simultaneously fighting against it in a both global and personal scale.

Saying something is garbage without being able to talk about it is like saying nothing at all.
>>
How do I play the music backwards? I want to hear it
>>
>>72239273
yeah
>>
>>72244090
why not
>>
I don't rank discographies

I either like them or not like them and that's enough for me
>>
>>72244061
of course the interview/dialog part is not as enjoyable out of context, but the first part (the actual song) is fucking great not context needed, give it another listen
>>
>>72244107

It's not just about lyricism, his flow on this album sucks, I want hard verses and good flows. On most of these songs it just sounds like he's mumbling without a ton of structure in his verses.
>>
File: wrong.gif (1MB, 480x287px) Image search: [Google]
wrong.gif
1MB, 480x287px
>>72244213
>his flow on this album sucks
>mumbling without a ton of structure in his verses.

Hail Mary, Jesus and Joseph
The great American flag
Is wrapped and dragged with explosives
Compulsive disorder, sons and daughters
Barricaded blocks and borders
Look what you taught us!
It's murder on my street, your street, back streets
Wall Street, corporate offices
Banks, employees, and bosses with
Homicidal thoughts; Donald Trump's in office
We lost Barack and promised to never doubt him again
But is America honest, or do we bask in sin?
Pass the gin, I mix it with American blood
Then bash him in, you Crippin' or you married to blood?
I'll ask again—oops—accident
It's nasty when you set us up
Then roll the dice, then bet us up
You overnight the big rifles, then tell Fox to be scared of us
Gang members or terrorists, et cetera, et cetera
America's reflections of me, that's what a mirror does

Fillin' the void of bein' employed with ballin'
Streets is talkin', fill in the blanks with coffins
Fill up the banks with dollars
Fill up the graves with fathers
Fill up the babies with bullshit
Internet blogs and pulpit, fill 'em with gossip
I feel like this gotta be the feelin' what 'Pac was
The feelin' of an apocalypse happenin'
But nothin' is awkward, the feelin' won't prosper
The feelin' is toxic, I feel like I'm boxin' demons
Monsters, false prophets schemin'
Sponsors, industry promises
Niggas, bitches, honkies, crackers, Compton
Church, religion, token blacks, and bondage
Lawsuit visits, subpoena served in concert
Fuck your feelings, I mean this for imposters
I can feel it, the phoenix sure to watch us
I can feel it, the dream is more than process
I can put a regime that forms a Loch Ness
I can feel it, the scream that haunts our logic
I feel like say somethin', I feel like take somethin'
I feel like skatin' off, I feel like waitin' for 'em
Maybe it's too late for 'em
I feel like the whole world want me to pray for 'em
But who the fuck prayin' for me?
>>
>>72244310

First off, I'm not very impressed with those lyrics, and second, it sounds worse than it reads. Kendrick's flow nowadays is basically just yelling into the mic.
>>
>>72244345
k now i know you are b8ing or don't understand what flow is.
>>
With each successive album, the beats get more boring, his lyrics get more ridiculous/pretentious and his flow gets worse. You all know I'm right.
>>
File: truth.jpg (26KB, 581x170px) Image search: [Google]
truth.jpg
26KB, 581x170px
It's easily the worst of his official releases.

>pic related.
>>
>>72244378

I understand what flow is and that's why I'm not impressed with Kendrick Lamar. He has virtually no flow at all.
>>
I hated it at first, but it grew on repeat listens.
After seeing Kendrick's performance at Coachella it really sold me on the album, even though I don't think it's his best.
>>
>>72244413
>>72244405
>>72244390
>>72244345
>>72244109
>>72244090
>>72243974
>>72243937

reminders that school just let out.
>>
I DIAGNOSED WITH REAL NIGGA CONDITIONS
>>
>>72244464
Why include me? I just want to know how to play it backwards.
>>
>>72244511
YOU KNOW WHY
>>
clearly his worst album, Humble is one of the worst songs he's ever released
>>
>>72244544
t. >>72244464
>>
7.5-8/10 album.

PRIDE., LUST., and LOVE. are instant classics.
>>
kendrick lamar threads were a mistake. i rather go to ktt wtf are you niggas doing
>>
>>72244594
>imagine being so far up an artist's asshole because everyone tells you they're good yet implying others are immature
>>
>>72244632
because they aren't providing any reasons other than lol i don't like it and making hyperbolic statements
>>
>>72244464
Only some one still in, or just out of school would know this.
>>
>>72244737
i can't speak for anyone else but saying its clearly his worst album and humble is one of the worst songs hes ever released isn't hyperbole, i honestly believe it
>>
>>72239151
This
>>
>>72244744
Yes it's not otherwise possible to know what times places open/close or any schedules other than your own.

Not only that, adults don't even go near schools for jobs, or possibly have to commute through school zones every day.

Kys anon
>>
>>72244737
How about how it's generic blackwashed cutting room floor rap with no concept and a mishmash of meaningless "I'm black and do black things" bars and generic "I hate whites and Republicans" bars. GKMC and TPAB both had concepts and a narrative, this is just "I needed to pay rent so here's so shit off my cutting room floor, thank god for hypebeasts"
>>
>>72244849
See >>72244107
>>72242235
>>
>>72244820
I thought you meant out for some kind of break,

Did you really need to post that school is out like it is the same time every day?
or could you not stop your self from mindlessly memeing like a faggot.
>kys
I guess it's the latter....

Not to mention if you have kids and you're on a image board trying to defend Kendrick you're an even a bigger faggot than I thought.
>>
It's a good album, but not great. Some of the individual tracks are great. The narrative structure of TPAB and GKMC do more to highlight Kendrick's best qualities, I think.

The "all-caps song titles" trend needs to end, though.
>>
Sorry if this has been asked before but is there anywhere I can watch or download Kendricks Coachella performance?
>>
>>72244899
I don't have kids you dumbass keep assuming tho

Apparently I do have to remind you since you didn't understand...
>>
File: 1490023082236.jpg (97KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1490023082236.jpg
97KB, 600x600px
>>72244946
>after assuming I'm underage.

Stay a faggot, it suits you.
>>
>>72244965
>upset about meme-ing
>memes

Yeah underage sounds about right
>>
THIS WHAT GOD FEELS LIKE
HMOH, YEAH!
FLEW ON SWOLE LIKE AAAAAAAAAAAH HAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

so this is the power of kendrick lamar... damn... he really is king kunta after all huh
>>
>>72244994
Name your favorite artist
>>
>>72244413
that's not even an opinion that's just wrong. Kendrick is able to effectively employ a variety of different flows, unlike rappers like DOOM who always use the exact same flow.
>>
THIS THAT GREY POUPON, THAT EVIAN, THAT TED-TALK, AYE
>>
Pride is a Frank Ocean song
XXX is a Death Grips song
Loyalty is a Kanye West song
Love is a Drake song
God is a Young Thug song
>>
>>72238693
its obviously a disappointment or people wouldnt have been expecting to be a "fake" album or b sides

like 3 good tracks on the thing
>>
File: 1491949157838.jpg (122KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1491949157838.jpg
122KB, 1024x1024px
>>72244992
You already outed your self when you came out riding Kendricks dick. Just stop.

>>72244737
Kendrick's lyrics and flow are getting old.
I am (and I assume most others) are tired of listing to a super talented millionaire tell me how hard his life and "lol dumpf sux" over and over again.
Most the beats are boring and completely forgettable.
They mixed the album like shit to give it some pretentious "Raw" feel. (just like the shit cover)
This album was made to appeal to underage wanna-be rebellious faggots.
>>
Is the second album rumor dead yet? I mean it's monday
>>
>>72245115
When did I ride his dick? Provide proof please.

I'm sure you ironically love MBDTF.
>>
>>72245123
Yes, see, >>72244405
>>
>>72245054
I LET MY SOUL SPEAK, YOU, LET THEM MEDS TALK, AYE
>>
>>72245087
Why would you want to hear more from an artist that created a shit album this quickly after its release?

It seems like everyone enjoyed it so much that they burned themselves listening to it too much in a shot amount of time and want more now.
>>
>>72245242
>Why would you want to hear more from an artist that created a shit album this quickly after its release?

because of the fanaticism of Kendrick's audience, don't act like this album exists in a vacuum
>>
>>72245242
Short**
>>
File: BDK.jpg (68KB, 450x520px) Image search: [Google]
BDK.jpg
68KB, 450x520px
>>72245150
>assuming again.

No I don't. I don't deny it's popularity but it's not in my top ten hip hop albums.

>When did I ride his dick?
When you jumped to his defense with a pointless (you) post and have yet to give any reasons why you think this album is good,
>>
>>72245292
See >>72244107
>>72242235
>>72241800
>>
>>72245274
Literally no fan base of anything would immediately want a new album.
They would delude themselves into believing it was good and move on,hoping the artist takes more time on the next one.
>>
>>72245010
Kid Cudi
>>
File: fact.png (1MB, 1485x675px) Image search: [Google]
fact.png
1MB, 1485x675px
>>
>>72245382
Too easy.
>>
>>72245336
why wouldn't fans who have been anticipating a new album for years and were disappointed by it want more to satisfy them? it's basic human nature.

i think the main driving force behind the speculation for more music are people's fanaticism over Kendrick, not necessarily how people felt about DAMN though
>>
>>72240549
actually correct
>>
>>72245466

People were skeptical about it in the first place because it would have been a massive project to create a dual album in such a short amount of time and most would prefer to wait longer for quality rather then a half assed album.

Since damn was so great though people had the reassurance that it would have been quality rather then just another mediocre release.

Its not just fannatics either,even semi regular listeners wanted more.
>>
>>72245466
>and were disappointed by it want more to satisfy them?

Although I do completely agree DAMN. was completely underwhelming compared to his previous albums, I wasn't hoping for another album because there was nothing pointing to there being another.

What we got was an underwhelming album, end of story nigga.
>>
>>72245405
this
>>
>>72245666
why are your projecting your thoughts and logic on everyone who has listened to DAMN?

it's very strange to say the least.

but whatever helps you sleep at night.
>>
>>72245711
yeah that's one way of thinking about it, there's also probably people who would want more because they were so disappointed by this one though...

because you know, people are different and all that
>>
File: nigugly.jpg (97KB, 304x304px) Image search: [Google]
nigugly.jpg
97KB, 304x304px
> because for the first time ever I've had to actually sit there and disect some lines

There's a first time for everything I guess.
>>
Section.80 > DAMN.

Sorry Kendrick. The only song I truly despise on Section.80 is No Makeup while LOVE, LOYALTY and GOD are all shit to me
>>
>>72245797
No Makeup is one of the better songs on that though
>>
>>72245774
>people who would want more because they were so disappointed by this one though...

Anon there was nothing pointing to there being another album, or a disc 2 though. We agree the album was disappointing but I still don't see how people think there was possibility to there being another album. Always take rumors with a grain of salt.
>>
>>72245858
you misunderstand me, i wasn't arguing the validity of a new album, im arguing the reason why people are so vehement about speculating about a new album
>>
typical nigger nonsense, you have to have a double digit IQ to like this
>>
>>72245899
dude niggers lmao
>>
>>72238693
Boring as fuck tbhhhhhhhh
>>
Why did Kendrick use trash hooks tho? God hook is trash, idk why he let that pass on an album. Don't care if it's "muh sarcasm makin fun of other rappers," if I wanted that I would've listened to another rapper and I get it by that time on the album. Love, should've let zacari take hook himself, instead Kendrick trashed it up with that shit "I wanna be with you ay." Fear, dumb hook, "2 puffs" oh so edge. Loyalty, hook is not bad but it's literally the most generic rap song he could've done with rihanna, wasn't surprising first listen like other tracks and really disappointing overall. Lust, wtf "let me put the head in," people love this yet it's the same as memetentacion "can't keep my dick in pants," but worse. At least These Walls used the sex theme with funk. Yah is eh but it works in the context of the song. Element surprisingly works well with the trashy joke hook since he shits on other rappers on it and DNA before it. Context works well for that and it's early on the album.

Overall disappointed. Idk why everyone's dick riding, when imo, damn has a lot of unnecessary stuff on it that really detract from it as a Kendrick album. The hooks ruin some songs for me that would've been great had Kendrick not shitted it up with his shit hooks.
>>
>>72245858
for sure. it was a crappy theory that started on reddit and spiraled out of control.

if anyone really thought there was a second album then they were foolish.
>>
>>72245732
Thats what you are doing by saying
>it was so shit that people wanted another album

Like you know what all fans think,when you are in the minority by saying its bad.
>>
>>72245961
his hooks have always been his achilles heel tho
>im real im real im really really real
>>
>>72246002
That song is awful
>>
>>72244107
>Look at Feel where he criticizes himself for perpetuating a broken cultural system while simultaneously fighting against it in a both global and personal scale.
What is that cultural system?
>>
>>72246037
Nah nigga get that shit right. Real's verses are good, the hook/chorus is terrible.
>>
>>72245963
It wasn't a bad theory in context to the albums themes,just really unlikely.

I'm kinda happy it wasn't released tbqh cause I love how DAMN ends.
>>
>>72246049
what is it not?
>>
>>72246134
I love the whole "reversed order is the second album, TOC = The Other Choice" theory, it has much more footing and actually promotes the discussion of the album.
>>
>>72246162
simply epic vague reply
>>
It's so easy to call gkmc and TPAB classic that I'm really trying to digest this one for a while before I come to my opinion.
I'm loving the tunes in a way that seems equally blissful when I'm chilling with friends or listening to it at work or with my girlfriend. Initially it seemed like the album was packed jam packed with bangers. Now I'm enjoying the aspects of Damn that are slower and more soulful. However it really seems like the least conceptually tight out of his three major label albums. To Pimp A Buttterfly remains my favorite Kendrick album for having a much tighter concept. At the moment I like this album a little bit more than good kid maad city
>>
>>72246170
Haven't heard about that,sounds interesting.
>>
>>72238693
new style but the songs are pretty samey, pride and dna are good, but the rest are to similar and forgetabble
>>
>>72246170
never heard this but that's dope

>>72246174
same to you.
>>
First Kendrick Lamar record I've listened to. Super disappointed, don't understand they hype
>>
>>72246244
It's his shittiest album to date, complete fucking diarrhea, listen to good kid mad city, to pimp a butterfly
>>
>>72246221
>>72246240
Basically the whole gist is
1-14: Weakness, Real life Kendrick going on an introspective journey
14-1: Wickedness, Kung Fu Kenny, Kendrick that lost his father to Top Dawg, grows up disappointed in the world and giving in to the vices, going on a rampage in the end, ending up being shot by blind justice in the end.

Album flows much better that way, FEAR->XXX flows ridiculously well, as well as callback to the FEAR's closing on YAH
>>
TPAB>GKMC>DAMN=UU>S80
>>
>>72245961
I had such a different reaction. I was surprised with how catchy the hooks on the album were and how many of them stuck in my head afterwards despite most of them being without a melody.
>ain't nobody praying for me
>i got royalty got loyalty inside my dna
>sit down be humble
>if i gotta slap a pussy ass nigga ima make it look sexy
>loyalty loyalty loyalty
God is definitely the weakest hook other than that everything was pretty sick to me.
>>
>>72246244
It takes some getting into,like most of his albums;for me atleast.
>>
It's his worst album.
>>
anyone else get an emotional reaction to this album
>>
>>72241724
none of his records are godtier to me lol
>>
When will he ever make a track like Money Trees again? No other song has made me have frissons for 5 minutes straight, I'd say it's my favourite song of all time. The production is just above god tier.
Anyone else?
>>
>>72246326
Agreed.

I can see why people dont like love but I think its a really beautiful song and It works really well in contrast to lust.
>>
>>72246343
Yeah;the beginning of duckworth gets me and fear too.
>>
>>72246365
Tfw you realize the beat is basically just some Beach House song played backwards
>>
>>72246405
s-stop i know you're lying
>>
>>72246396
for me its pride
>>
>>72246002
Yes but Anna wise makes up for it
>>72246326
Those are the songs I didn't write about because they're ok, and I said element works. Loyalty is meh, but yea he should've just stuck with rap hooks like half the album
>>
File: oid.gif (531KB, 425x318px) Image search: [Google]
oid.gif
531KB, 425x318px
>>72246365
great bumpin song.

>>72246326
yeah i definitely think there are better ones on here than a lot of his other stuff, especially those you pointed out. the hook on Lust is godawful though.
>>
>>72246430
It's divine, but lazy as fuck
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3PzHtvaImL0
>>
>>72246326
the beats in the background during the hook make up for it, IMO
>>
>>72246365
I think hes improved so much since then personally,his themes,production etc seem so much denser and polished.
Whenever I go back and listen to his old singles they feel pretty average after everything hes released since then.
Its still leagues above most rappers though.
>>
>>72239563
This exactly
>>
File: 1491455169722.jpg (97KB, 960x768px) Image search: [Google]
1491455169722.jpg
97KB, 960x768px
Songs like King kunta sound fucking horrible to me now, damn songs are replayable
>>
>>72239563
Yup
>>
File: IMG_7431.jpg (36KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7431.jpg
36KB, 400x400px
It's a very enjoyable album, I can't stop listening. Yeah, there are some songs I like less than others, but all of them have good elements/parts that make up for it, if that makes sense.
>>
>>72238861
It's trash.
>>
>>72245961
i really liked the love hook, humble hook kinda meh
did anyone notice he reused the flow on the love hook from his feature on bittsm
>>
>>72239520
I feel like GKMC, as great as it is, is a lot more commercial and radio friendly
>>
File: IMG_7412.jpg (47KB, 593x490px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7412.jpg
47KB, 593x490px
>>72239648
Original composition by Steve Lacy.
>tfw PRIDE was made on an iPhone by an 18 year old
>>
GKMC>TPAB>UU>>S80>DAMN.
Album is a 3/10.
>>
>>72240564
Something something "post-Obama rap."
>>
File: IMG_7288.jpg (132KB, 750x929px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7288.jpg
132KB, 750x929px
Here's a question.
In your guys' view, how does this album stand on its own without considering Kendrick's other releases?
>>
>>72246681
TPab=Damn>UU>GKMC>s80

Overall though he hasn't released an album thats below a 7/10 imo
>>
>>72244378

what is flow? im serious pls hep.
>>
>>72246743
S80 is a 5
>>
Y'All shitting on Kenny's flow gotta try rapping along, he doesn't has a flow as flashy as Gibbs', but he switches it up constantly.
>>
>>72246768
rhythm, rhyme scheme, and cadence, but can also reference delivery.
>>
>>72246768
The way a rapper vocally and lyrically delivers their songs.

Look up videos of rappers stealing eachothers flows to better understand this
>>
>>72246784
dead wrong.

>>72246802
agreed. try rapping the second section of mAAd City without sounding like an idiot
>>
The skits/interludes on UU were bad for the most part, but the actual songs on it are fucking amazing.

TPAB>DAMN>UU>GKMC>S.80
>>
>>72245405
4 Your Eyez Only is greater at making me fall asleep, yeah
>>
>>72246768
also
https://genius.com/posts/1669-The-rapper-s-flow-encyclopedia

>>72246901
kek
>>
>>72244413
>>72244107

2 much truth
>>
>>72246343
PRIDE. really does something to me. Same for those first few notes on FEAR., and that sample that plays shortly after.
>>
>>72245049
>rappers like DOOM who always use the exact same flow.
you know flow isnt imitating an angsty teeange voice right
>>
>>72247037
>you know flow isnt mumbling in monotone right

He wasn't wrong about Kendrick, though DOOM does switch it up from time to time
>>
>>72246739
A lot better desu. Duckworth shot himself in the foot with nowhere to go but up, disappointment was bound to happen
>>
>>72246912
Thanks for posting this.Good read.
>>
>>72247037
Honestly DOOM has one of the most boring flows in the game, because it's the only way he can make his rhymes come out.
The rhymes are dope, but the delivery is almost always boring, so that's why he's got no mainstream success, because unless you sit down and listen to him with the lyrics booklet/genius open, you're missing on 80% of shit he's doing.
>>
i feel like people think kendrick is a lot smarter than he really is.
he's clearly very talented but his albums aren't as deep as people like to make out.
i saw the fantano review of GKMC where he's talking about the juxtaposition of backseat freestyle and the following song adn it was the most on the nose shit but fantano and a bunch of others were acting as though it were groundbreaking. in a way the same can be applied to a lot of his other albums, just grasping at straws when really it's just on the nose symbolism
t.contrarian who doesn't want to admit kenrick is talented because he'd so popular
>>
>>72238861
Upvoted
>>
>>72239487
This album is not better than IYRTITL in any way so you're wrong
>>
>>72247177
Apparently the original leak of Madvillain had him using a more comical flow. I'd really like to hear that
>>
>>72247181
>>
>>72246805

what makes a flow impressive?

I can see that some flows are more impressive than others, Rakim, for example, has a very dated flow, in contrast, to say, Jay z. But with some rappers I really can't tell which flow is better. If i compare Eminem's flow on sing for the moment to Niki's flow on monster I don't know which flow is better, they just both sound cool.

I can only tell the difference in really obvious cases. fugg. need help.
>>
>>72247198
>in any way

I wouldn't argue you over personal preference on production but really lyrically and flow you think Drake is better? Don't be hyperbolic.
>>
>>72247177
Doom is an acquired taste usually when I play him for people they say they can't even understand what hes saying lol but I personally don't have that problem
>>
>>72247181
juxtaposition for juxtapositions sake is retardation. People often just use that work because they think it will make them sound smart
>>
File: retard.png (635KB, 1199x708px) Image search: [Google]
retard.png
635KB, 1199x708px
>>72238693
mfw
>>
>>72239449
This isn't the first time I've seen this complaint but it still confuses me. I don't dislike Drake, I've listened to a lot of his discography, and the beats utilized on DAMN., while they aren't groundbreaking, are a lot more eclectic than something I'd hear on a Drake album. Even somethig like LOVE. sounds slightly out of range of a Drake beat, if that makes sense.
>>
>>72247247
word*

oops, typo
>>
>>72247219
First it's not always about who is better, it's about which flow better serves what idea or song.

Looking for rhyme schemes is the easiest way to look for flow complexity.
>>
>>72247240
I tried to get into him (well, Madvillainy mostly), but he's actually too dense for me. The only songs I enjoyed were Accordion and Curls because they weren't that long and you don't get lost in them.

>>72247267
I can't pinpoint what exactly LOVE. beat reminds me off, but it's certainly some videogame OST. Something close to Dustforce and Disasterpeace's stuff.
>>
Why do people constantly compare drake and Kendrick?
To me nothing they've released sounds similar and drake makes borderline RnB and when he does rap its very simplistic.
>>
>>72247219

As long as they're technically sound there's no such thing as being better. Two well composed melodies that sound different are still well made, and therefore one being better is opinion
>>
>>72247267

The flow sounds almost exactly like Drake on If Youre Reading This its Too Late
>>
>>72246901
Underrated post
>>
>>72247304
It's mostly beef-trigger-happy kids on genius and stuff that want REAL RAPPER KUNG FU KENNY to show that pussy ass nigga drake, the type of nigga to not get into a beef unless it's beef wellington.
Honestly noone else cares.
Well, some people throw around LOVE/LOYALTY as example of Kendrick selling out and aping Drake's stuff, but I don't think that's an apt comparison.
>>
>>72247304
I feel like artists like Drake, Kendrick, and J. Cole are lumped together since they're seen as a "big three" of 2010s hip hop in a sense, mostly in terms of commercial success.
>>
File: 1466729106662.jpg (59KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
1466729106662.jpg
59KB, 500x667px
Question. Are there weird audio skips in songs for anyone else? Are they part of the song? The album has got weird things going on like the constant backwards playing of beats and people talking but I'm talking like when a song kind skips for a second.
>>
DAMN has a 99 on metacritic wtf
>>
>>72247305
This anon, thank you.

>>72247304
Two rappers at the top of the field so comparisons will always be drawn. I agree and don't really think of Drake as a rapper anymore, just a rnb/hiphop flavored pop artist.
>>
I feel like this shit sucks, so boring, and everyone is trying to convince themselves there is some kind of genius in these completely unexceptional songs
>>
>>72247238
Lyrically and flow wise I think IYRTITL is better than DAMN. Especially in terms of flow. Lyrically it's harder since the messages are so different but I still think that project comes out on top for this comparison
>>
>>72247282
>First it's not always about who is better, it's about which flow better serves what idea or song.

ok, this makes a LOT of sense. thanks.
>>
File: angryeyes.jpg (88KB, 1200x237px) Image search: [Google]
angryeyes.jpg
88KB, 1200x237px
How to spot retards?
They don't realise how fucking great is Untitled Unmastered.
Honestly Kendrick fans are probably one of the worst fanbases ever, jesus fucking christ you praise this tired album which, for the record, has probably the worst bars from kendrick (count how many fucking times he repeats lines), and then you just fucking ignore some of his most thought out work.
You should feel ashamed
>>
>>72247304
>>72247267
>>72247341

The comparisons to Drake are justified, because Kendrick's flow has changed. On Section 80 and GKMC it was more straight rapping but on DAMN its more like the more mumbly, not-quite-rapping flow that Drake adopted on his albums since Nothing was the same.
>>
>>72247348

I want off Sensei Kenny's Wild Ride
>>
>>72247383
I just can't see that since Drakes lyricism and flow is pretty straightforward and one dimensional but to each his own I guess.
>>
>>72247347
There were skips on the release version for TIDAL, and iirc the FLACs and 320 kbps were ripped from there at first, so either try a different streaming service, or download another version.
>>
>>72247297
mm food is probably a better start than madvillainy
>>
>>72247424
Cool. I downloaded the Tidal version and the skips were freaking me out because I thought my phone was fucking up but it skips when listening on my PC too. Definitely looking for another version

Thanks, anon.
>>
>>72247400
the comparison of your mom to a donkey was justified
>>
>>72247400
Eh,I feel like there are more songs that he doesn't sing-rap on then he does imo
>lust
>DNA
>Fear
>Duckworth
>XXX
Aren't very sing-rappy to me

And hes always been monotonish,but I really don't see many rappers as lyrical as him not doing this;probably for the sake of their lungs.
>>
The first verse of FEAR. reminds me of my own mother in my childhood, down to being quiet when it came to social workers. He really captured the image of a stressed poor mother in there, it's got me feeling some type of way. She's still kinda like that.
>>
>>72247177
maybe youre just an impatient little shit
>>
>>72238879
this
>>
>>72247181
I think it was just surprising because it came in an era of rap where there was nothing like GKMC and almost every mainstream album was filled with generic face value BS (besides MBDTF)
>>
>>72247181
The juxtaposition itself isn't what was groundbreaking to everyone. No one expected Backseat Freestyle to have the kind of context in the part it played on GKMC's story.
>>
GKMC = OK Computer
TPAB = Kid A
UU = Amnesiac
DAMN. = Hail to the Thief
>>
>>72248258
If anything DAMN. is Amnesiac, purely in tone.
>>
>>72240021
this senpai
>>
It's great. Not a single track I don't like. YAH is probably my least favorite though. Better than GKMC but not as good as TPAB. 9/10
Thread posts: 335
Thread images: 32

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.