[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright /mu/, let's have a rational discussion, no dickriding,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: KendrickILamar.jpg (97KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
KendrickILamar.jpg
97KB, 640x640px
Alright /mu/, let's have a rational discussion, no dickriding, no hating allowed. Talk about the concept behind this album and if there will be a follow up, sooner or later, knowing that:

>this album is focusing on the blood side of the gang culture.
>kendrick does not take sides or have preference of one over the other when it comes to gangs
>kendrick has always preached for unification (i cover, his rbk brand shoes)
>many artists/related people have been hinting at more content
>his strange narration on the album
>the reccuring duality in the advertisement of the album (black/white side, red/blue brick wall)
>the somewhat out of place and new persona of kung fu kenny.

Do you feel that kendrick will only focus on the blood side of the culture or will there be more to the story?

>yes, there will be
Explain yourself

>no, there won't be
Explain yourself
>>
>>72236847
niggers are not capable of abstract thought.
>>
Nation/god coming before his next set this weekend.

>"tell em that god comin"
>>
>>72236860
>>72236866
I said explain yourselves motherfuckers.
>>
>>72236860
thank you for this. can't be said enough. stupid white kids listening to this guy go on about being black. it's fucking garbage, get in touch with your own culture instead of adopting the culture of baboons that kill each other as if ooba gooba is high art
>>
Tfw you realize he brought Future out because Future also dropped two albums and he doesn't want people to think he ripped Future's idea without his consent.
>>
>>72236900
Are you retarded? Many Black kids aren't involved in gang violence, should they not listen to it because of that or is that their culture anyway just because of their race? Sorry a nigger fucked your wife, pussy.
>>
>>72236847
>blood side
What would the crip side look like? Gang cultures as far as I know are the same.
>>
>>72236900
Ok, what white people music should I listen to that isn't shit?
>inb4 any derivative of "rock n roll"
invented by negroes
>>
>>72236968
EDM
>>
>>72236968
folk
>>
File: neonegress.jpg (318KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
neonegress.jpg
318KB, 2048x1536px
>>72236974
If getting in touch with my culture is listening to only EDM then I'm going to become transracial
>>
>>72236990
>implying the roots of folk music aren't intertwined with black spirituals
also
>that isn't shit
>>
>>72237027
>european folk music has anything to do with black people
what the fuck are you smokeing
>>
>>72236961
There's two main groups in the gang culture, it started as a conservative way to protect themselves and their neighboorhood, but after some assassination shenanigans bloods and crips, red and blue, now consider themselves nemesis culture wise, and the whole story behind why the gangs were formed in the first place is non important anymore.
>>
>>72237041
Crack, I became deeply entrenched in black culture before realizing I needed to listen to different music
>>
>>72236961
I imagined it would look at human struggle from both perspectives, i.e. everyone is right in their own eyes. Blood shoots Crip for killing another Blood, and he sees it as justified. But the other album looks at it from the Crip's perspective, where he was jumped by a Blood and had no choice but to kill him.

I know this isn't really a story album, but just that concept, applied to the two mentalities of those in gangs; fuck the world, I'm tryna fuck shit up, or I'm trying to survive.
>>
>>72237046
I don't think /mu/ is the most knowledgeable source to ask about this, but are the bloods and crips really any different culturally? I just always saw them as 2 versions of the same thing, just in different colors,
>>
>>72237137
Nah, most of the differences today are geographical.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.