[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nasal rap is increasingly popular in mainstream music today and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: nsl.jpg (77KB, 736x552px) Image search: [Google]
nsl.jpg
77KB, 736x552px
Nasal rap is increasingly popular in mainstream music today and it's no coincidence. Rap, a formerly masculine and "threatening" genre has finally found its voice, one which can resonate with those who were once alienated by the art form in the past. The votes are in, and the high pitched voice of teenage girls, effeminate nu-males, underdeveloped manlets and sniveling nerds (the largest demographics contributing to this genre's record sales and streaming figures) overwhelmingly prefer nasal rap to regular rap.
>>
what are your sources?
>>
>today

cLOUDDEAD was eighteen years ago nigga
>>
Who are some Nasal rap artists?
>>
File: q9376fgweh.png (23KB, 96x122px) Image search: [Google]
q9376fgweh.png
23KB, 96x122px
>>72228908
nasal rap has been around for ages, sure, but it's the recent rise to popularity, particularly within the past few years, that have allowed it to become safe, acceptable music in households the world over.
>>
>>72228988
Kanye is responsible for propelling the movement forward even if his sneering delivery pales in comparison to the high pitched, almost childlike delivery of Kdot, who is THE premier nasal rapper of our time.

past examples would be someone like Quasimoto
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z73FthAvt34
>>
>>72229623
you do realize quasimoto is just madlib pitch shifted up right?
>>
File: clothespin-nose-shutterstock.jpg (59KB, 640x444px) Image search: [Google]
clothespin-nose-shutterstock.jpg
59KB, 640x444px
>>72229651
It's true, but it's almost the exact same effect one would have if they pinched their nose closed and began to rap. It makes the person sound diminutive, childlike, and annoying. Nasal rap is rap in an emasculated form, made for people who would never survive the environments from where rap originated. The dark disposition of struggle music is now relatable for scrawny men with pencil thin mustaches on fixed gear bikes, played by 5'3" banana republic employees on their commute to work and found it's way into the iPods of girls riding at the front of the bus on their way to private school.
>>
>>72228868
>be scrawny manlet
>have oddly deep voice that doesn't fit how I look at all
I prefer to listen to singers with deep voices but I think it's more of a projection thing. I can be as cool as Nick Cave or Tom Waits or Scott Walker, right?
>>
>>72230388
Not gonna say the road ahead will be easy. but it's doable.
>>
>>72230388
stay away from mumble rap too. that's an assault on your intelligence in the same way listening to nasal rap is like taking estrogen supplements. it's all poison.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.