[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

really liked this but everything else on Boards of Canada discography

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

File: Geogaddi.jpg (51KB, 300x275px) Image search: [Google]
Geogaddi.jpg
51KB, 300x275px
Does got any better than Geogaddi? Do i have salvation?
>>
>>72228149
Geogaddi is by far their best record.
>>
>>72228149

for some reason in a beautiful place out in the country was where it clicked for me.

i always liked music has the right but i had a better appreciation of all their albums after that
>>
have you listened to their eps? its really not hard stuff to get into. if you dont like it then its not your alley op
>>
>>72228245
yes, didn't really enjoyed

>>72228221
for me it was only geogaddi
>>
>>72228149
Campfire headphase is where it clicked

Couldn't get into MHTRTC or any of their other shit until CH, now I love BoC
>>
File: fewoldtunes.jpg (8KB, 182x300px) Image search: [Google]
fewoldtunes.jpg
8KB, 182x300px
Listen to A Few Old Tunes.
>>
>>72228149
Don't ever listen to this album while reading the bible, everything will make sense
>>
glad the "geogaddi is scary" meme died out desu
>>
>>72228149
TCH 100%
>>
MHTRTC has better individual tracks but Geogaddi has a better aesthetic and works better as an album
>>
Listen to their older pre-MHTRTC tracks. A Few Old Tunes vol. 1 & 2, Random 35 Tracks Tape, Closes vol. 1, and all their other scattered unreleased and live tracks feel much more in the vein of Geogaddi than the rest of their work. Darker and grittier. Some examples:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qthHlLyvplg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3A786lOX8jc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqAIbDQXOSo
>>
>>72229511
Also their best stuff imo
>>
>>72229189
same here

It's a good album but the only thing that's even remotely unnerving is Gyroscope
>>
>>72228209
>by far
sick of seeing this
>>
why is Corsair so underrated?
>>
MHTRTC is nostalgic and artificial
Geogaddi is eerie and textured
THC acoustic and natural
TH is the soundtrack to a journey through abandoned civilization
>>
>>72229987
It's easily my favorite track
>>
File: 23e67eef.jpg (56KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
23e67eef.jpg
56KB, 600x600px
>>72228149
Geogaddi is my all-time favorite of theirs. My second favorite would have to be Tomorrow's Harvest, which gets a bunch of hate for some reason.
>>
Twoism is what got me into BoC
>>
>>72228149
AGGGHHH SCARRY
>>
How can you even not like MHTRTC if you liked Geogaddi?
>>
>>72230990
Agreed on this. I think the hate is only coming from the fans because critics gave it a very positive score.
>>
listening to geogaddi for the first time, 1969 is amazing
>>
>>72230990

To be honest, I find that and most tracks on TH go nowhere or very have little interesting progression. However it has grown a lot to me lately.
>>
>>72236593
obviously personal tastes but yeah i can't relate either
>>
>>72236734
can't dance to TH huh?
>>
>>72228149
>hear about how scary this album is
>bright sunny day, listen to it in my car
>not scared at all
>"bunch of pussies online, I guess"
>later that night
>wake up in cold sweat
>album running through head
>limbs feel weird, need to move to feel normal
>remember fears and nightmares I had as a child
>check clock
>3:00 in the morning
>check it again after a bit more of this
>4:00 in the morning
>As I write this story, I keep looking over my shoulder, like I feel something watching me
This album is fucking cursed
>>
>>72236768

>tfw not'smth intelligent enough to vibe to the rest of the album
>>
>>72228149
>like spooky music
>never listened to electronic before
>tfw literally memed by /mu/ to listen to this album
wasn't that bad though
>>
>>72228149
I love Geogaddi and MHTRTC equally, but to each their own

>>72230990
>which gets a bunch of hate for some reason.
because it's trite
>>
>>72229987
Good question, there's a 25 minute version on YouTube
>>
>>72230990
ive given this quite a few chances but it doesn't hold a candle to mhtrc or geogaddi
>>
my favorite one is campfire headphase, got two of my fave songs in a row (peacock tail and dayvan cowboy)
>>
>>72229177
anon what the fuck you cant just say that shit and leave
>>
yea I just want to check in to abuse you for this bizarre opinion. You suuuuuck
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.