[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone else on /mu/ not listen to lyrics, but purely listen

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: dazed_confused_music.jpg (442KB, 1280x754px) Image search: [Google]
dazed_confused_music.jpg
442KB, 1280x754px
Does anyone else on /mu/ not listen to lyrics, but purely listen to music based on how it sounds?

Not sure if that makes sense, but I feel like I do the latter and it means I am missing the stories or interesting concepts told in songs.

I don't suppose that I am the only one to do this, but interested in knowing if thats why I don't consider music a gigantic part of my life.
>>
Lyrics are only good like 1% of the time anyway.
>>
I used to do this, I stopped doing it and I've found that I enjoy the music more and actually understand the intent the artist had. It's like if you watched a movie but didn't pay attention to the dialogue, sure you get the gist of the plot and characters but you miss a lot by doing that.
>>
>>72218596
How would you know if you don't listen to them?
>>
>>72218558
I mostly do this because I can't understand a word of sung english, french and spanish (but I do when spoken). I look for lyrics only when the track it's something I really want to enjoy 100o/o, but not knowing what the artist's saying also contributes to the experience sometimes
>>
>>72218558
I had a good discussion with my pal around this regarding Kendrick Lamar.

I vastly prefer GKMC to TpaB just due to how catchy and rhythmic the songs in GKMC sound in comparison. I don't know if TpaB has a better 'story' or 'message' but I don't listen to music like that, its more about the sound to me.

I don't know OP maybe it changes over time. I assume if you listen to lyrics music is more interesting?
>>
I listen to a lot of electronic music without vocals and have found that when I listen to stuff with vocals, I generally don't care what is being said unless the lyrics are so bad it takes me out of the music.

Having said that, I've started paying attention to lyrics more and while my main interest in a song is how it sounds, knowing the lyrics can really enhance the experience.
>>
>>72218558
Did you know that you can listen to a song more than once and therefore pay attention to different aspects of it each time
>>
>>72218558
Sound can tell stories too
>>
When I didn't have much to listen to (before I had a fast internet connection) I was more attentive to lyrics, but that was only because I would listen to the same CDs many times over. Although I'll say that I was more concerned with words at the time because I wanted to be a writer or something in high school. When I became interested in developing an encyclopaedic knowledge of popular music after I got into torrenting/blogs/mu archive/slsk, my exposure to lyrics became more fleeting and I mostly became interested in the sonic experience. In some respects I think now I have a deeper appreciation of music but I recognize that I'm probably missing out by not digging into songs' texts.
>>
dont care about lyrics. nirvana is a goat band and their lyrics never makes sense most of the time
>>
Sound first
Lyrics second

Unless your talking about rap or singer song writer stuff. I highly doubt anyone takes all lyrical content in in 1 or even a couple listens. I mean I love Jeff Buckley and his voice is heavenly but off the top of my head I couldn't tell you every line from one of his songs and I think anyone who can do thisit withan artist is either a super fan or poser slut in the front row cumshot signalling as she ruins everyone's night by singing louder than the artist for all the Chads to notice her.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.