[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

can someone explain to me what muse and radiohead have in common

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 1490468996122.png (1MB, 1120x944px) Image search: [Google]
1490468996122.png
1MB, 1120x944px
can someone explain to me what muse and radiohead have in common to always get compared?
>>
inb4 they're both shit
>>
>>72217791
/thread
>>
>>72217645
They're both british and make interesting and relevant pop rock (well at leas until recently). A Moon Shaped Pool and Drones both sound like parodies of the band's past music, so they have that in common too.
>>
Muse writes music about dystopian shit and the singer kinda ripped off Thom's weird croon

But they're significantly less talented musicians and songwriters and can't develop concepts past a surface-level emulation of 1984

They're basically Radiohead for edgy red-pillers
>>
>>72217887
This
>>
I was about to post Pearly and say Muse is a bunch of hacks but its not on jewtube.
>>
>>72217887
Basically this, also that Muse broke out after Radiohead had established themselves with Ok Computer and broadly appealed to the same audience i.e. """"angsty"""" teenagers who didn't like nu-metal or rap but still wanted a "fuck the system" and "tfw no girlfriend" asthetic.

Mat Bellamy is a fucking atrocious singer, and doesn't deserve to smell Thom's shit.
>>
Radiohead's old stuff sounded similar. But Radiohead evolved their sound and Muse just kept making generic shitty britpop.
>>
early muse definately has a thom twinge in the vocals at least
>>
>>72217944
>implying Thom is a good singer

The last song where his singing was kinda good was wolf at the door
>>
the falsetto vocals and sudointellectual fanbase. i think theyre both brits too
>>
>>72218393

>sudointellectual
>>
>>72218393
more like sumointellectual

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gmlnxf28MJk
>>
>>72217645
They both come from Britain and they both turbosuck
>>
File: goofy invoker.png (300KB, 800x818px) Image search: [Google]
goofy invoker.png
300KB, 800x818px
>>72218393
>sudo
>>
>>72218393
>hurr durr high vocals are in falsetto
>>
>>72217958
Haven't listened to much Muse have you? Even if you don't like them you can't seriously call them a britpop band.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.