[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /mu/ think of this album or Mr. Bungle in general?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: california.png (23KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
california.png
23KB, 600x600px
What does /mu/ think of this album or Mr. Bungle in general? I think it still has those usual Bungle mindfuck moments but it has really melodic and fantastic stuff such as the buildup on Air-Conditioned Nightmare and the vocals on Vanity Fair.
>>
Grew out of it
>>
>>72215512
This. Pretty fun when you get into it but doesn't stay with you in the long run.
>>
I usually like joke-y albums so I was really excited for this one, but I didn't feel it that much.
>>
I think it's important to keep in mind that album was done entirely without digital production. Everything was recorded and assembled meticulously from tape. The entire thing was so bonkers, that it probably would have driven an emotionally-healthy band to still hate each other.
>>
>>72215539
Theres novelty aspects, but the musicianship and composition are great. I never grew out of this its been almost a decade
>>
>>72215352
one of the only albums i would give 10/10. /mu/-males don't appreciate mr. bungle because the trendy tastemakers they get their music from haven't deemed them fashionable
>>
>>72215352
I prefer their first LP.
>>
>>72215352
Everything Trevor Dunn touches turns to gold
>>
Are they similar to Zappa and Captain Beefheart? If so, are there other projects of Mike Patton in the same vein? And where would one start with either of those?
>>
>>72215352
Only a fan of California.
>>72220142
Check out Naked City's self titled LP.
>>
I fucking love Mr Bungle and California is a 10/10
>>
>>72218873
between Trevor, Trey, and Mike, Mr. Bunghole was truly a powerhouse
>>
splendid album tbqh

Mike Patton has this way of sounding tacky, vivid, stupid, sinister and comical at the same time and it fits the band/album perfectly
>>
>>72220189
Any more recommendations?
>>
Disco Volante > California > Mr. Bungle
>>
>>72220815
Agree
S/T
8/10
DV
11/10
California
9/10
>>
Pink Cigarette is one of the greatest songs ever written
>>
>>72220992
Agreed
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.