[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DAMN. lacked the punch and agressiveness and shots fired at the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: _95299405_gettyimages-596741770.jpg (80KB, 976x549px) Image search: [Google]
_95299405_gettyimages-596741770.jpg
80KB, 976x549px
DAMN. lacked the punch and agressiveness and shots fired at the industry that The Heart IV promised us.

It lacked the grandiose and collaborations we'd expect from a guy whose last album was considered an instant classic by critics and listeners.

Producers on the album have been tweeting how the album was going to totally flip things over.

These things, as well as the Jesus metaphors and whatnot, suggest DAMN. was either understated or there's something else coming.

It was a great album, but just not what was expected. I feel like we're missing something here.
>>
Oh, and I apologise for starting a new thread on Kendrick. I understand if it's constant and annoying.
>>
File: C9htNdxXYAACxnZ.jpg (162KB, 700x700px)
C9htNdxXYAACxnZ.jpg
162KB, 700x700px
>>
>TPAB
>instant classic

hahahahhahaha what?
>>
Where is the second album though?
>>
>>72212536
It's not coming. Sounwave said he was referring to the leaked version of the album. The official album contained interludes and extended tracks.
>>
>>72212190
You're opinion is wrong, the heart never claimed a punch at the industry, it was another control. "i'm gonna make better music than all of you again"
and he did.

You're a faggot, the albums a hit, you lose.
>>
>>72212190
I think this might be his worst album, still debating whether or not it tops section 80
>>
>>72212190
I liked DNA. PRIDE. and HUMBLE.

I don't know what you guys expected, this guy is clearly not your average rapper with a 4 bar tune and some stock DnB beat going on.

Kendrick has shown that he puts thought in both lyrics and instrumental, and thats what I appreciate
>>
>>72212258
but it is anon
>>
I said it before, the backing arrangements aren't as intricate as before, but his flows are the most intricate this time around.
>>
>>72213834
They aren't intricate but the quality of them are 10/10. This album feels so much more emotional and intimate than his other albums.
>>
>>72212258
THIS
DICK
AIN'T
FREE
>>
>>72212190
GOD DAMN US ALL
>>
>collaborations
>good

full pleb
>>
>>72212190
It's got a couple great tracks but I'd say the whole middle of the album is a bit underwhelming.

It lacks the pace of his previous works. The features are secondary because most of the beats are good. The lyrical content is kinda samey it would be great if he branched out and started rapping like rockers sing, about just about anything. He would benefit from listening to songwriters like Bob Dylan and Neil Young.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.