[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

SOCIAL STATUS ISN'T A MATERIAL THING YOU RETARD REAL ESTATE

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

File: Merriweather Post.jpg (30KB, 224x225px) Image search: [Google]
Merriweather Post.jpg
30KB, 224x225px
SOCIAL STATUS ISN'T A MATERIAL THING YOU RETARD

REAL ESTATE ("FOUR WALLS"), ON THE OTHER HAND, IS
>>
True.
>>
>>72197154
It is, fag.
>>
>>72197222

It's not. You can't touch, sell or compare the value of social status to valuable material things
>>
>>72197154
it's provocative
>>
"SEEM like i care about material things"
not come off as being obsessed with wealth or status
now hush up and go listen to no more runnin while you calm yo ass down
>>
>>72197154

he's using a sociological rather than an ontological definition of material
>>
>>72197154
MPP isn't for you. Go away.
>>
>>72197154
are you actually this retarded
>>
>>72197255
how do you think the four adobe walls are attained?
>>
>>72197154
If you can't parse those lyrics I have bad news for you
>>
Who would win in a fight, 300 Romans or material things (like social status)?
>>
>>72198070
stop trying to save face OP
>>
>>72198165

That wasn't even me.

>>72197936

Probably, I'm not RETARDED enough for this high art.
>>
>>72198070
It's like A social status, genius
>>
>>72197154
why do people keep making a huge deal out of this album?
>>
>>72198444

mostly the first two tracks, i suppose. take away Muh Girls, what's left of this album?
>>
>>72198481
summertime clothes
brother sport
>>
>>72198481
muh girls is like right in the middle on a list of the songs best to worst
>>
>>72198481
bluish
>>
>>72198481
The rest of it baka :o
>>
Real estate is the most valuable thing a middle class person can own

That makes this song about wishing to attain real estate incredibly shallow and materialist
>>
>>72197154
to him it is

* You Don't Get It *
>>
>>72197298
gets the people going
>>
>>72198847
I agree with this interpretation, the song is very much about wanting to fulfill the American Dream. It's still interesting to listen to, if not moreso, with knowledge of this naive hypocrisy.
>>
>>72198481
>listens to MPP once

keep listening and you'll see it's one of those albums where your favorite song(s) shift until eventually every song on the album has been a favorite at some point. Also Frightened and Guys Eyes are the GOAT picks, btw
>>
File: 1466332716677.png (45KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1466332716677.png
45KB, 800x600px
>>72197154
>>
>>72199493
The song says "I DON'T MEAN TO SEEM like I care about material things". The song is basically stating that you don't need frivolous material wealth, rather just the essentials of survival and a good life (a house, a family). And in many ways social climbing is a type of materialism--perhaps not physically but it still comes from the same mindset of "if I have more of (x) I'll be happy". Spiritual materialism, if you will. The never ending quest for fulfillment from external stimulus
>>
INDIE CRED ISN'T A MATERIAL THING YOU RETARD
THE SHITTINESS OF ANCO ("FOUR FAGS"), ON THE OTHER HAND, IS
>>
>>72199692
you tried
>>
FUCKING SOCIAL CRITICAL
>>
>>72199608
>slabs

It's slats.
>>
>seeing fleet foxes at MPP in july
>west coasts shows get based beach house as the opener
>east coasters are stuck with animal faglective

kill me senpai
>>
>>72200071
Poor baby
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.