[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is anyone else hearing a massive Drake influence on DAMN? A lot

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

Is anyone else hearing a massive Drake influence on DAMN? A lot of the songs sound very stylistically similar to this
>>
that's a better album cover
>>
>>72182865

No I don't hear it at all and I've listed to iyrtitl a lot.

Drake didn't write that album or come up with any of the melodies on it anyway.
>>
It's almost like if Kendrick able to make Drake songs better than Drake ever did
>>
>>72182865
God sounds like a Kanye track
>>
>>72182865
Which tracks specifically?
>>
Nah I get what you mean but on a deeper level they're different, Kendricks production on his new album is isolated and almost drowning, while also being more finely tuned to what Kendrick is saying on the album. Drake on iyrtitl was just a hazy summer thing that is definitely based in laziness(a sound will just loop for the whole song with no stops), the production was not finely tuned to his voice desu his rapping could have been replaced by anyone.
>>
YAH. is probably the closest to a Drake-sounding track. I could easily imagine Drake doing a song with a more melodic flow like that.
>>
>>72187704
only guy making sense in the thread
>>
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
>>
>>72187193
what? why
>>
>>72187704
what about GOD.?
>>
>>72186223
Holy shit, it does. Never thought of it, but it feels a bit like Waves.
>>
>>72182865
Kendrick definitely copied the Drake style on some tracks. DAMN. is him definitely trying to be more popular with the pop rap genre, the only way i think its mimicing Drake.

Kendrick is biting Drake. Yes.
Drake i'll never bite Kendrick.
>>
LOVE. sounds like old drake
>>
Kendrick dickriders are so obcessed like fangirls that they're alreay invented an alternative story saying that Kendrick only are imiting Drake because hes being "ironic".

NO HES NOT.

This is an obcession. Kendrick KNOWS he can't reach Drake levels of success so he can't only count on these white hipsters dickriders.

On Every, EVERY album Kendrick is mentioning or depending on Drake...

2012 - Good Kid, Maad City

"Poetic Justice" feat. DRAKE

2013 - BET Hip Hop Awars Cypher

"But nothing was the same"

2015 - To Pimp A Butterfly

Using DRAKE producer Boi1-da on "The Black The Berry"

2016 - Untitled, Unmastered

Using Drake flow, cadence and style on some songs.

2017 - DAMN.

EXPLICIT mimicing Drake style/flow AND prodution style (40 Shebid) on like 3 songs.

All this only to get more clicks and views, desperate for money. Because Kendrick Lamar knows Drake have the "Midas Touch".

BAKA LOL, Drake the GOAT. The REAL Best Rapper Alive.

More Life, Out now.
>>
>>72191232
Sadly, you're right. It happens to be that Drake has significantly contributed to the creation of a new trend in style.

There is absolutely no substance to it, apart from whatever aesthetic autistic people forcefully attach to it (see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0H8GeO3rl4).

The author has long been dead in hip hop. My distaste isn't for the genre, it's for its current audience.
>>
>>72183433
This. LOVE. feels like a drake track. The others idk. But if that supposed beef he has with drake is true, this definitely proves Kenny as the better rapper (even though we all already knew this)

>>72186223
This too. I also feel TLOP influences on DNA.
>>
>>72191232
>2016 - Untitled, Unmastered

>Using Drake flow, cadence and style on some songs.

I don't think so. Which songs?

Also I still think UU is the best project Kendrick has put out so far.
>>
>>72191232
>More Life, out now
kek
>>
>>72192741
More Life better than DAMN. No 'kek' can save you.
Drake is better than Kendrick. Its over.

DAMN have boring track besides the good tracks, Kendrick uses an very lazy-dieng down way of rhyming its boring some times...

and the fact that one of the best tracks he copied Drake its funny.

Hes no competition to Drake.

Donest matter if youre forcing your stanning on with review scores you fuckibg bald cringe lord.
>>
>>72194038
imagine being so pathetic that you purposely try to defend some pop artist 24/7 on 4chan
>>
>>72194038
can't tell if bait or nah
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.