[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/daily/ - The Gang Fucking Dies Edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 317
Thread images: 88

File: AMMMEMES.jpg (238KB, 1259x1263px) Image search: [Google]
AMMMEMES.jpg
238KB, 1259x1263px
The point of these threads is to encourage people to look for new and interesting music. We do this by listening to and ideally discussing albums we've never heard before. Many of us already listen to new music daily, these people are in it to venture "out of their comfort zone" by listening to albums they otherwise wouldn't have, or just to have a good time.

>make charts
https://www.neverendingchartrendering.org/

>listen to tunes
https://plug.dj/sdc-room-3-the-sequel

>templates/listenalong schedules
http://dailymu-sic.weebly.com/

>>discord
https://discord.gg/8exuEmG

Previously, on /daily/: >>72145724
>>
first for Big Fat Black Man
>>
>>72172118
just post your chart update n go
>>
>>72172092
We should just make all these threads It's Always Sunny themed from now on
>>
>>72172131
Now I Will Not
>>
File: bipbop.jpg (2MB, 3683x2296px) Image search: [Google]
bipbop.jpg
2MB, 3683x2296px
wew look at all that T E X T

>outkast - aquemini
the production is fucking nuts, and i feel like the whole musical aesthetic fills in a hole i've had in my life for a while now. also, these guys can fucking spit. this could definitely go up in the future.

ps mamacita is not good but not nearly as bad as half of rym would have you believe

>earl sweatshirt - i don't like shit I'm so sad
this was a weird listen for me - the beats are so close to being utterly fantastic (if only there were more jazz samples) but they kind of plateau at an awkward place between going hard and being chill. nonetheless, i really like earl's flow (even though he rarely changes it) and I'm a sadboi so sadboi rap is good for me. this and Solace make me really excited for earl to go into more experimental territory on his next project.

>snoop doggy dogg - doggystyle
shit is produced really well, and snoop's bars inhabit their own baked-yet-bonkers plane of existence, but i can't get into it totally. the lyrics are hilarious in how over the top they are and throughout the listen i just felt like i was listening from afar and appreciating some relic of a time gone by (which, in a way, i was).

what's next??!?!??!/!/!?!?!?!?
>>
I lost my ambient chart so recommend me some ambient stuff

some favorites:
william basinski
stars of the lid
jefre cantu-ledesma
ironomi
>>
File: an enemy spaghetti.gif (2MB, 540x301px) Image search: [Google]
an enemy spaghetti.gif
2MB, 540x301px
Damn good sesh in comparison to last time.

>Jacques Brel - N° 4, Ces gens-là, and Brel [Les Marquises]
Surprisingly outstanding french pop music. Came as a surprise to me, as a lot of the "cooler" french pop music that I've heard really seems half-hearted or boring to me. Brel brings so much passion that it almost seems like a response to the "too cool to care" attitude so present in this genre. The orchestration is wild and occasionally chaotic, his voice is raspy and reaching, and the songwriting in general is just fantastic. The first too were great, but Brel has the most consistent line-up of tracks imo. This order is subject to change of course, but t's sort of crazy to me how consistent his music is over three decades. One of my new favorite musicians for sure, and I'm looking forward to hearing the rest of his shit very soon.
8, 8, and 9, respectively.

>Liquid Liquid - Liquid Liquid
Liquid liquid liquid liquid liquid. Liquid liquid (liquid liquid) liquid liquid, liquid liquid liquid? Liquid liquid! Great drumming too.

>Camp Lo - Uptown Saturday Night
"Luchini" is one of the best hip hop tracks ever made, no question. "Coolie High" ain't fuckin bad either goddamn. Something I had no clue about was how much of this was sampled on one of my favorites, Since I Left You (like three times). The really mellow, easy-going style of this usually doesn't do it for me in hip hop, but there's something so unique and easily enjoyable about this. One of my new favorites form this era of hip hop for sure.

>Candlemass - Nightfall
A pretty damn good metal album, though at times feels like a bit of a watered down Sabbath, but I don't exactly mind. This style of really simple, slow-ish, satisfying riffage will never get old to me, though there were for sure a few tracks that got old fast. Stand-out tracks to me were "The Well of Souls" and "Bewitched".

1/2
>>
>>72172783
given that you just listened to some old school stuff, I'd say to get rodeo a listen
>>
>>72172815
>>72172842
will do

listen to belong - october language
>>
>>72172817

>Gil Scott-Heron - Pieces of a Man
Enjoyed just slightly less than "Winter in America" honestly. The A-side, minus "
Save the Children" is fucking fantastic, but the b-side is totally forgettable, maybe besides the s/t track. A really good output, but maybe just a little top heavy.

>Animal Collective - Prospect Hummer
A totally passable AnCo EP. The addition of female vocals is probably the most notable addition to this EP that makes it stand out. I know plenty people are probably sick of early AnCo's style of folk arpeggios that are littered out of this output, but I've honestly never minded them, and wish they would use that tactic more now instead of oo OO aa AA ee EE doo DOO daa DAA.

>The Jesus and Mary Chain - Darklands
Nothing really bad on this album at all except for maybe the track "Fall" which is very mediocre-bad. Everything else is very very passable alternative rock that doesn't really do much for me otherwise. The songwriting is just extremely thing and not very memorable at all. Could see someone who is very into alternative rock music enjoying this more than I did but this just wasn't for me.

>The Allman Brothers Band - At Fillmore East
A pretty decent live rendition of some of their songs, especially Whipping Post, which is probably by far the best track on here. Everything else is kind of underwhelming or about twice as long as it needs to be. Southern Blues Jam bands are rarely my thing, so this didn't really surprise me I guess.

>Animal Collective - People
The first two tracks are very passable, unimportant anco pieces, but the b-side is just trash, the last song being just a shittier version of an already mediocre song "people". Not the worst thing they've done, but 100% skippable.

what next?
>>
>>72172815
alternatively, try to recommend me some idem as heck music that's kinda under the radar

some favorites:
autechre
xanopticon
atomhead
neurocore
quinoline yellow
u-ziq
ralp
>>
>>72172864

do transaction de novo its like duster for pussies
>>
>>72172815
tim hecker - radio amor
fennesz and o'rourke - it's hard for me to say i'm sorry
belong - october language
gas - pop
aine o'dwyer - music for church cleaners

also if you haven't heard anything by the caretaker you'll probably like him since you like basinski
>>
>>72172783
man, you GOTTA hear Camp Lo

>>72172889
aight
>>
>>72172859
it's been a while since I've listened to this, the title track is so good it caused me to remember a night on ambien
>>
File: 1484454174063s.jpg (2KB, 120x125px) Image search: [Google]
1484454174063s.jpg
2KB, 120x125px
>>72172817
>Candlemass - Nightfall
>best tracks
>no At the Gallow's End
>>
>>72172905
def my favorite ambient record (tho I'm not too well-versed in the genre)
>>
>>72172894
>aine o'dwyer - music for church cleaners
what a good title
>>
>>72172962
here's a fun fact: half of belong and half of telefon tel aviv did a collaborative album together
I think I listened to it once and thought it was good
>>
>>72172815
pretty weak ambient taste so im giving you weak recs
tim hecker - pretty much anything he made
grouper - pretty much anything shes made
william basinki - the new william basinki (it also has shitty jazz)
ben frost - by the throat
ekkehard ehlers - plays hubert fichte

>>72172864
you didnt rate ruffleruffle right

eraserhead soundtrack
pet shot boys very
la foret
>>
>>72173055
>the new william basinki
hated it t b h lmao
>>
>>72173055
big idiet, have you heard october language?
>>72173018
i wanna find that
>>
>>72173091
>i wanna find that
it's called second woman
>>
>>72172783
Yeah that earl album deserves more respect. I hope he drops an experimental album next. He has so much potential.
>>
>>72172783
Yeah Mamacita isn't God awful as most would make you think it but it kinda sticks out in a bad way idk.

Doggystyle is 100% a product of its time but the more I listen to it, the more I appreciate that. G-funk was such a short-lived, amazing movement in hip-hop and that's probably the best album to come out of that stretch. Dre's production is a huge step up from his earlier stuff and Snoop's flow is one of the coolest I've heard. Also, that whole crew with Tha Dogg Pound/Nate Dogg/Warren G is so damn smooth.

Plus "Tha Shiznit" and decent chunks of that album were actually freestyled which is pretty bonkers to me.

I could rave about it for way longer than this but at the end up the day, it just isn't everyone's thing I guess

Maybe do The Chronic soon, it's kinda like a prequel in a lot of ways

>>72172817
>Uptown Saturday Night getting all this praise

Hell yeah

Do B-52s next, I feel like that'd be your style for some reason
>>
>>72173055
will do

wtf is ruffleruffle

>>72173209
ight

>>72173078
good opinion
>>
>>72173266
>good opinion
thanks
I thought the first track was good until the sax came in, it was a really great loop that reminded me of disintegration loops or the loop he used on deluge, his last album, but the tepid sax is so dissonant that it totally ruins it
the second track was slightly better but it meandered for far too long and then it just faded into my favorite loop of his which has already been used twice in his discog, once on variations and twice on melancholia.
fortunately after he releases, he tends to find new loops to tour with so if I have the good fortune to see him live in the coming year or so, it'll be something new. but yeah, wasn't that big of a fan.
>>
File: IMG_2309.jpg (87KB, 891x749px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2309.jpg
87KB, 891x749px
>>72173055
>weak ambient taste
>reccs grouper and Tim hecc and basinski
>>
>>72173078
correct opinion

>>72173091
no but ive heard october 2nd

>>72173266
meant to write ruffleruffle fight
roforofo fight

>>72173406
>so im giving you weak recs
are you blind
>>
>>72173426
you should hear october language it good ambient real good top tier
>>
>>72173426
Whoop

But still it's not like ambient is hard to get in to, you can start off anywhere
>>
I didn't kill the thread, did I

so I checked out the new arca and I think I like his music better with the vocals. xen and mutant had rly good sound design but like no song progression
will have to relisten though, was kinda tuned out
>>
File: The_Disaster_Artist.jpg (17KB, 257x389px) Image search: [Google]
The_Disaster_Artist.jpg
17KB, 257x389px
Finally watched The Room beginning-to-end last night, folks. Doesn't quite live up to the impossible cult hype. But I did start reading The Disaster Artist and it's so insanely funny. Wiseau is exactly how you'd think he is. Almost like a modern Fear & Loathing. Excited for the adaptation too.
>>
Gib good tunes for waking up cunts who have fallen asleep before midnight

>>72172180
Yes
>>
File: i love it.jpg (45KB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
i love it.jpg
45KB, 720x404px
is there any rap/trap music that sounds similar to Vitrol? that song is fucking killer and im dying for hunther to make some more stuff like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXlo5CIyiGQ

follow up question is there any live footage of this track, or kel valhalal or quetzalcoatl
>>
>>72173724
I want to do drugs before watching the room
would that ruin or make a high
>>
>>72173921
swans/haino should wake em up good
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTR1db3a-m0
>>
>>72173960
Get high it's good either way. The middle section may make some commit suicide tho
>>
>>72173960
I was high and it was confusing. But it's confusing either way
>>
>>72173724
Room > The Room
>>
>>72173997
Shit this actually works well or am drunk
>>
>>72174068
The book was good, I haven't seen the movie. Really dark
>>
>>72172815
Kreng - L'autopsie phénoménale de Dieu
Echo Lane Afterschool Recreational Dept. - Greenvale SodaPop & Clinic
Pinkcourtesyphone - Three Themes
TRANCE.BIZ - SUNLESS
Nikos Veliotis & Klaus Filip - Slugabed
+you - Emi Koussi
Asuna - Valya Letters
danny clay and joseph edward yonker - john wayne death scene
Ekkehard Ehlers - Plays
Malibu - Silver Dishes for the Memories
Tomonari Nozaki - Une histoire de bleu
Jim O'Rourke - みずのないうみ
Rhucle - Yellow Beach
sky空 - countryside 田舎
>>
File: bad.png (530KB, 1820x600px) Image search: [Google]
bad.png
530KB, 1820x600px
anyone seen novelty condom
>>
File: wiseau camera.jpg (147KB, 650x518px) Image search: [Google]
wiseau camera.jpg
147KB, 650x518px
>>72173724
The Room is nothing special, but I fucking love that book.

Pictured: Tommy Wiseau's cameras. The dude didn't know the difference between physical film and digital recording, so he shot with both at the same time. This means there is another version of the room shot with film that's never been released. Hilarious to think about.
>>
>>72172092
what type of music is this
https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=FRt5Z4MmBsY
>>
>>72174280
He's such a G
>>
>>72174249
>Echo Lane Afterschool Recreational Dept. - Greenvale SodaPop & Clinic
this was on my last chart and is a very cute album

thanks bub
>>
>>72174280
Hahaha fuck surely no
>>
TFW Tommy will never be ur da :'((
>>
>>72174280
>The dude didn't know the difference between physical film and digital recording
I REFUSE to believe this is true and yet it's so believable
>>
>>72174504
>stealing my name AND replying to my post
I don't understand this logic
>>
>>72174547
The fuck y sayin
>>
>>72174478
>>72174504
My favorite part of the mythology is how nobody has a clue what ethnicity he is
>>
>>72174582
Was it not confirmed he's polish
>>
>>72174609
I heard that, didn't know it was confirmed
>>
>>72174582
genuinely interested in this

>>72174280
amazing

>>72174272
yeah i got some in my drawer how many you need
>>
>>72174663
five thanks
>>
>>72174326
>FRt5Z4MmBsY
nice link nerd
annoying
>>
>>72174582
lolol yeah. It's some kinda eastern-european for sure, but his accent is so fucking weird there's no way to know. The dude's past is shrouded in mystery. Would love a docu series on his life sometime.
>>
bipbop.jpg
2MB, 3683x2296px
>travis scott
as someone totally disenchanted with trap, this album just kinda cemented my contrarianism. almost every song here, in terms of melody/structure/rapping, sounds exactly like every other trap song i've heard. i just can't stand the trap-typical vocalizations and autotune and shit. the production sounds nice, sure, but it doesn't do anything remotely interesting. a legitimately unpleasant listen. i tried, i really did, but I'm back on my trap-disliking shit.

sorry but i cant do it, i can't like trap
>>
>>72175593
Trap needs more sampling or summat, P boring
>>
Did I mention big black are fugin gr8
>>
>>72174582
Fuck I didn't know this was a thing but it totally makes sense
>>
>>72175593
Yeah, I can't say I disagree with you there - that's a pretty bad album especially if you aren't into trap. Scott is pretty generic but I absolutely love Days Before Rodeo for some reason
>>
>>72175593
try triple six and faces
>>
File: 2016 clearout 1.png (2MB, 1158x1054px) Image search: [Google]
2016 clearout 1.png
2MB, 1158x1054px
cfcf is great if you're in the mood for some library music
ikki mi is generally solid synth based ambient
the rest is take it or leave it
>>
>>72175593
also, not on yr chart but if you haven't, try something by thugger. i think he's pretty likeable even for people who don't usually like trap
>>
File: IMG_1375.jpg (1MB, 2732x2400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1375.jpg
1MB, 2732x2400px
Check my new chart daily man
Do you guys like jun togawa?
>>72175593
That's cause you listen to english trap not latin trap
>>
File: Rear End.jpg (66KB, 483x489px) Image search: [Google]
Rear End.jpg
66KB, 483x489px
This might be my favorite list on RYM. Basically the whole second page is 1/5s lmao.

Also I can't get over how fucking terrible this cover is sweet jesus.

https://rateyourmusic.com/list/emptyemp/no_limit_albums_best_to_worst/1/

>Thankfully I've already forgotten this album, but I do remember that it was truly awful.

>By the end of 1998, I think No Limit was just picking any random generic, indistinguishable rappers they could find and throwing them in a group because they knew people would buy anything that No Limit released.

>Nothing more needs to be said to describe why this is the worst No Limit album than these four words: Gangsta Rap Christmas Album

>I don't know which one is Kane and which one is Abel, and don't care to try to figure it out. Most of the time I don't even realize when the other one starts rapping because they sound so similar.

Omg
>>
>>72174326
fix yo link but that's inuit throat singin'
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mc4WTDbNU8

>>72176032
never listened to her but i like this track which has nothing to do with her
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DF5YVryaAY
>>
>>72176032
>Dippin
>Tom Cat
>We Insist

Good shit! I dig your taste but can't say I'm into the same experimental stuff you are, ngl
>>
>>72174693
What you need it for your dick dont work
>>
>>72176032
>die asthetik
What do you have against aesthetics man what did they ever do to you
>>
beautiful song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a20h93qyG0U
>>
Stealing a bed, stealing a bed
>>
>>72176689
told me not to go outside in pajama pants fuck that
>>
File: topsters2.jpg (398KB, 2786x1372px) Image search: [Google]
topsters2.jpg
398KB, 2786x1372px
>Pinkcourtesyphone - Three Themes
I know that Pinkcourtesyphone is a Richard Chartier project, and given that he and Basinski have collaborated before, it wasn't too surprising to hear the influence on this one. This was pleasant, loved how he did the first track using the same loop at different speeds. The use of silence on the second track was great. Third track was probably the weakest but it also reminded me of a drone piece I did a few years ago so maybe I'm biased? At any rate, good listen. I'll have the first two tracks on repeat for sure.
>>
>>72177828
>when a chart is more than half made of your recs
wew. hope u enjoy.
>>
>>72177935
I trust u bub
>>
Im at a loc

>>72177828
When a guy takes your joke recs
Youll like em tho
Ekkehard ehlers plays has exactly one good ep and its possibly the best ambient ep
>>
>>72178287
yamir loves to lie plays is consistently really nice
>>
>>72172092
bumpy
>>
>>72179256
ooof...

commenting to say that Solace deserves more attention
>>
>>72176654
water balloons
>>
>>72172783
If you liked Doggystyle, which to this day is my absolute favorite hiphop album, you might like Bone-Thugs, try https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZ9rgzIyv3g

They aren't even actually that similar, but I feel like I like them for the same reasons.
>>
>>72179442
that album's actually on the chart so great
>>
>>72175948
>yfw this is literally Karma
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKqjjLurRyQ
>>
>>72179487
Also The Chronic is basically DoggyStyle lite, with the same type of Dre productions and a lot of Snoop raps [also on your chart :^)].
>>
@yamir
album:
jessica bailiff s/t
eps:
thinking fellers - admonishing the bishops
azealia banks - 1991
>>
File: topsters2.png (696KB, 2057x1356px) Image search: [Google]
topsters2.png
696KB, 2057x1356px
>>72177828
I feel this, definitely gonna check out the ones I don't recognize
>>
the archive is so nice now!
homeboy been hard at work
>>
File: DAMN....png (938KB, 800x1078px) Image search: [Google]
DAMN....png
938KB, 800x1078px
Good morning /daily/!

Got a lady coming over today! Hype.

Anyway, gonna listen to some Haino now.

>>72179836
except for half of the goddamn posts are missing.
>>72174280
l o l
>>72173642
>so I checked out the new arca and I think I like his music better with the vocals. xen and mutant had rly good sound design but like no song progression
>will have to relisten though, was kinda tuned out
fully agree. it was surprising how the vocals raised the bar.
>>
>>72180065
>except for half of the goddamn posts are missing
it says they are being transferred
>>
>>72180542
oh, that's good news!
>>
>>72179230
i love the way you lie
yeah ehlers is nice all through but most of it is forgettable or very ok until you hit le john cassavets

>>72180065
>Got a lady coming over today! Hype.
i hope dogwander nose what hes gotta do

>>72179742
eheheh...... thanks
>>
File: Freeform.png (257KB, 1560x720px) Image search: [Google]
Freeform.png
257KB, 1560x720px
Quick review bump

Lucki (Eck$) - Body High
>Cloud Rap

The production is phenomenal at times, with that spacey, cloud rap vibe going on. It’s psychedelic and wavy with lots of cool synth/electronic influence. It’s a bit streaky though, which is a big downside. Some of the later tracks lack that feel for some reason, relying on more minimalist beats. Lucki himself isn’t that remarkable of a rapper, sounding a little lazy like Earl Sweatshirt. He isn’t the main focus but he kinda makes the release a bit drab. Nothing too special but not too bad for a 17 y/o.

2.5/5

Keith Jarrett - Survivor’s Suite
>ECM Style Jazz

The first side is nice and atmospheric, with little hints of spiritual jazz in there. There’s lots of flute, occasional violin and subtle little African influences that work pretty well. Jarrett is entertaining on the piano as always but Haden really manages to stand out on the bass when he eventually comes in. The second half is a bit freer, with pounding piano, screeching sax and that rapid fire drumming. Everything you’d expect from something heavily spiritual. Doesn’t quite feel like the same album but I like that it’s split into two sides. I really dig Jarrett so far.

Rick Ross - Teflon Don
>Hip-Hop

Ross gets shit on a lot because he’s a former cop and rich kid who acts like a gangster. Whatever, do you think Wu Tang was actually torturing dudes? All that aside, this is surprisingly entertaining, with overblown, luxurious production and some tight rapping. Dude isn’t amazing but he can hold his own. Plus “BMF” is the shit, idc.

Eno - Taking Tiger Mountain
>Art Rock

The whole glammy artsy thing Eno did early on never stuck out too much for me. This is kind of a mixed bag imo, with phenomenal cuts like the title track and “Fat Lady of Limbourg”. It relies too much on that quirky, jarring style for my taste though. The concept is cool and all that but it isn’t quite for me. Still solid though.

>>
File: backlog of a pleb.png (2MB, 3561x1940px) Image search: [Google]
backlog of a pleb.png
2MB, 3561x1940px
I am new to /daily/ and am kind of a pleb. I decided to start doing this /daily/ thing to finally clear out my backlog and find some cool new stuff on the way.

Anyway, where should I start?
>>
>>72181585
remove that fishmans album before anyone else sees it

start with deceit, not available and the russian cat album, all beloved albums of daily
>>
>>72181585
Welcome!
>>
>>72181585
Sun Ship is a little mediocre imo. Make sure you've listened to coltrane's other free stuff before you dive into that one (Live at the Village Vanguard Again!, Ascension, and Interstellar Space).
>>
>>72181585
>Henry Cow
>Cardiacs
>This Heat
>Sun Ship
>Residents

Already more patrician than me tbqh. You'll fit in just fine.

Make sure to make the Fishmans review at least three posts long though, it's /daily/ policy
>>
>>72181585
hello friendo

lots of good stuff on there, start out with marquee moon!
>>
File: Freeform Chart 6.png (2MB, 1560x720px) Image search: [Google]
Freeform Chart 6.png
2MB, 1560x720px
Kendrick Lamar - DAMN. (2017)
>west coast hip hop, conscious hip hop

Certainly not an extraordinary album on the level of To Pimp a Butterfly, but I'll probably prematurely say I like this about as much as good kid, m.A.A.d city (which might not be saying much). It harkens back to the sound Lamar had on that album, much poppier and more streamlined, owing a lot to trap and R&B rather than the jazz and soul influences of TPaB. The return back to this sound is disappointing to me, and it makes for some pretty lousy songs like "LOYALTY." and "HUMBLE." (which still isn't good even in the context of the album like "i" was), but some of the fat on TPaB is cut here and the streamlining sometimes works, even if it makes for an album that's much less ambitious and a bit more boring than its predecessors. It's Lamar's most immediate, banging album to date. The trap-based production is often sparse, minimalistic, and brutish, with songs like "DNA." and "XXX." (the U2 feature is actually pretty great, by the way) only offering very slight yet still powerful instrumentals to Lamar's frantic, riding flow. Vocally and lyrically it's still great, but you should know that by now. Lamar generally stays in one voice throughout the whole album, so while he may seem a tad monotonous at least he isn't relying on the silly voices he did at times on GKMC and TPaB, and Lamar's typical political, conscious lyrics share the spotlight with more introspective, personal lyrics, and it's a damn good decision that the only two features on here sing rather than rap. Simultaneously this album is a bit of a disappointment and a pleasant surprise. For a Kendrick album it's not very ambitious and it seems more than content to stay right within the confines of modern rap and R&B. But hell, I did not expect something good from the tracklist, cover, and features, and Lamar definitely delivered something good here. Not great, not game-changing, but pretty decently good.

2.5+
>>
>>72182561
Sometimes I think our rating systems are opposite. I had kind of a similar (maybe slightly more positive) feeling about that album but I gave it a 4. Maybe I'm just way more lenient about rating stuff idk
>>
>>72182801
co described my rating system well

the archive still doesn't have anything on it but it was along the lines of

5/4.5/4.0 - exalted albums of only the greatest caliber
3.5 - greatest albums ever
3.0 - it's pretty good
2.5 - it's alright
2.0 - it's less alright but still alright
0.5 - shame
>>
>>72183543
Huh, that isn't too different from mine t b h. I guess you're just pickier with your ratings, which is what I'd picked up on anyhow
>>
File: Backlog Chart 8.png (3MB, 2296x2413px) Image search: [Google]
Backlog Chart 8.png
3MB, 2296x2413px
Various Artists - Golden Rain (1969)
>gamelan gong kebyar

From the opening notes of this album it presents a take on gamelan that I've never really heard—one that's harsh, chaotic, and oddly beautiful in a very ugly manner. I can't say I really care too much for the twenty minutes of chanting that makes up the last track, but the first two tracks are incredible. The whole tracks seem like they're /this/ close to falling apart but every note locks in the groove of the tracks perfectly, and even the chanting track has a lot of positive characteristics, mainly with how damn exuberant it is. I don't get all the hype, but this is pretty damn great.

John Abercrombie, Dave Holland & Jack DeJohnette - Gateway (1975)
>ECM style jazz

A very distinctly ECM take on fusion. Generally non-obtrusive, light, a bit flat, but well-performed and composed. Holland's bass playing is the star of the show, every line he does is incredibly memorable and he meshes perfectly with Abercrombie and DeJohnette. They're both nice, but DeJohnette's flashier style is a bit of an odd fit with the meditative, subtle style of the rest of the album. Not terribly much else to stay, decent stuff but definitely not memorable at all.

2.5+

Jay Reatard - Matador Singles '08 (2008)
>garage punk, power pop

I love Jay Reatard with my whole heart, but this isn't doing it for me. He's a phenomenal pop songwriter but he's at his best when he's combining catchy pop hooks with frantic, urgent punk rhythms and vocals. The tracks here might have good hooks but they sound very tame and poppy in a less-than-stellar manner. Some great tracks, like "See / Saw" and "Always Wanting More", but these tracks deserve better performances and Jay Reatard deserves to have a comp with better songs.

2.0+

>>72184943
prolly, yeah. my rating system's weird.
>>
HEY THE LISTENALONG WILL BE UP SOON
srry 4 making u wait
>>
File: Freeform.png (288KB, 1560x720px) Image search: [Google]
Freeform.png
288KB, 1560x720px
Rant incoming

[1/2]

Nas - Nastradamus
>East Coast Hip-Hop

Okay, here it is. We've pinpointed the exact low point of hip-hop. I figured I'd enjoy this considering I'm a huge Nas fan but fuck. It’s not pretty, Nas has no idea what he’s going for and switches between pop cuts and trying to act tough.

But y’know, this actually starts kinda solid, not gonna lie. The entirety of “Life We Chose” is tight, with the little horn riff and bouncy bass complementing Nas pretty well. The self titled track has a garbage P Diddy/Bad Boys beat but Nas still manages to sound pretty tight over this. Would’ve been catchier if the hook wasn't so ugly, christ. The album nosedives after those brief moments of enjoyment though. “Some of Us Have Angels” has aaaaaahhhhh that terrible hook wtf were you thinking man? Who approved that?

“Project Window” starts great and then Ron Isley hops on the track and somehow butchers it. How did you manage to fuck that up? It’s actually incredible. That’s like James Brown going “here - I made something funky for you” and butchering it in a sample. Fuck.

“Come Get Me” is obviously a Premiere beat because it’s actually not a complete piece of shit. Cool loops, nice little sampling and scratching - all the staples. Which reminds me - someone should’ve slapped Nas in ‘96 and told him he should never work with anyone other than Premiere. If every beat was at least on this level throughout his discography (average), Nas might be the unprecedented GOAT. Instead, he thought he could throw Ginuwine on the hooks and still sound tough.
>>
File: Nasty.png (435KB, 669x612px) Image search: [Google]
Nasty.png
435KB, 669x612px
>>72186789
[2/2]

“Last Words” has a tight concept and despite a kinda obnoxious sample, has some really nice moments. Nas rips shit up on here and Nashawn is a great feature. “Family” should be another classic collab with Mobb Deep but the beat sounds like it was made for a video game which ruins the whole thing.

The stretch from “God Love Us” to… the end of the album is absolutely abysmal... pleaaaaase Nas stop singing the hooks. I actually started laughing during “Big Girl”, it's so terrible. And what’s that sample on “New World”. Nooooo Nas what are you doing? Toto??? Are you kidding?

Basically every redeemable aspect of this album is balanced out by twice as much garbage. Probably ten minutes of decent music on this.

It gets shit on enough but it really lives up to its reputation.

0.5/5
>>
>>72186789
>>72186855
it's not very often I see you like legit repulsed by an album lmao

it is shit though
>>
>>72186789
>>72186855
Which reminds me, the Oochie Wally remix is somehow worse than anything on Nastradamus. Dude fucking lost his mind for a minute

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6lmRDCITkU
>>
Just finished Seinfeld. Good stuff. One of the consistently best written and most entertaining shows I've ever seen. The last season is probably the best too.

Sopranos next probably.
>>
>>72187266
the closing episode was lame though.

Otherwise, funniest show on TV ever
>>
File: 150417.jpg (252KB, 1967x756px) Image search: [Google]
150417.jpg
252KB, 1967x756px
It's been a long time since my last post in here, I think that I hasn't posted here since last summer. Anyway, here's my chart for today, maybe later I'll make a bigger one.

Lester Young With The Oscar Peterson Trio - With The Oscar Peterson Trio #1 (1954) - It's a nice and short album, really good to start your day with. I'm reading the History of Jazz by Ted Giola so I'll probably listen to more jazz recordings from that period and I'll add more bebop to my charts since I haven't really listened to lots of bebop records, I was more into free stuff or hard bop. 3.5
>>
>>72187344
Yeah, the finale was kinda lame, but I think it fit the show perfectly in a lot of ways.
>>
>>72186906
I don't think I've ever been that legit repulsed by an album if we're being honest. It's one of the biggest wastes of talent I've ever heard.

Why Nas ever thought he could make the decisions on the production side is baffling to me. Along with Snoop, he's one of the most frustrating artists I've ever discovered. Dude had massive talent, was poised to take over an entire scene of music and just shit the bed at around the time this album came out.

Fuck man
>>
File: RAE.png (32KB, 131x131px) Image search: [Google]
RAE.png
32KB, 131x131px
>>72186789
>>72186855
Whoops, I spelled Premier's name wrong twice in my anger
>>
Radiohead show was great. Coachella fucked over the crowd with Let Down, but otherwise pretty solid
>>
New Ulver is generic and boring, prove me wrong.
>>
>>72188279
Haven't heard it. Can't do it m8, sorry I disappointed you.
>>
File: IMG-20170409-WA0081.jpg (12KB, 263x310px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20170409-WA0081.jpg
12KB, 263x310px
>>72188432
Damn you're a disappointment as always
>>
File: mfw.jpg (104KB, 600x623px) Image search: [Google]
mfw.jpg
104KB, 600x623px
>>72188470
>>
>>72174272
Sorry dog, been out and about all weekend

https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/keith-jarrett/the-koln-concert/
>>
Any Huerco S fans? I've been digging into his discography and I think people here would dig it. Also just booked tickets to see Grouper in a couple of months so that's cool
>>
File: IMG_2303.jpg (97KB, 781x711px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2303.jpg
97KB, 781x711px
>>72188701
How could anyone hate a Huerco S, the thought startles me

Though I have yet to listen to his first and newest albums. His EPs seem interesting, too
>>
>>72188782
Not sure man, plenty of weird characters on this board though.

I've heard good things his Untitled EP so I'll give that a go
>>
>>72188782
well for one he makes bad music
>>
>>72181557
BMF has maybe the best rap hook of all time
>>
there's never anyone on the plug
>>
File: jazz mem.jpg (42KB, 503x500px) Image search: [Google]
jazz mem.jpg
42KB, 503x500px
LISTENALONG

The Ganelin Trio - Catalogue: Live in East Germany

>European Free Jazz

https://mega.nz/#F!Rt4niTAZ!byXNpgkku5sQ9WdN4UBjZg

https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/ganelin___tarasov___chekasin/catalogue__live_in_east_germany.p/

Someone reply @ me with an empty listenalong template thank u <3
>>
>>72189679
>>European Free Jazz
pls try again
>>
>>72189695
pls refrain from posting
>>
>>72189717
refrain from posting avantrash, sure
>>
File: template.png (34KB, 1732x1220px) Image search: [Google]
template.png
34KB, 1732x1220px
>>72189679
>>
File: fran fun.png (627KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
fran fun.png
627KB, 400x400px
>>72189679
>>
File: whine.jpg (62KB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
whine.jpg
62KB, 720x404px
>>72189679
>European Free Jazz
collective groaning
>>
File: IMG_2116.jpg (45KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2116.jpg
45KB, 500x375px
>>72189679
>European Free Jazz
>>
File: ganbalf or whatever.jpg (230KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
ganbalf or whatever.jpg
230KB, 800x1200px
"free jaz is pee pee doo doo lol free jazz more lik free jazz uhhh heheh" - hyper intelligent euphoric dudeman whomst'd've listeneth to mendelssohn 25/8
>>
File: listenalong april 15.png (184KB, 1732x1220px) Image search: [Google]
listenalong april 15.png
184KB, 1732x1220px
templeitas blet
>>
File: steeeek.png (531KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
steeeek.png
531KB, 540x960px
>>72189917
*free jizz i meant so say free jazz more like free jizz uhh yea fuck uh i done fucked up shit...............
>>
>>72189981
are you ok bud
>>
>>72190004
look bub i just need to uh get laid aight....call me 067-8100-915
>>
>>72190015
sorry my dick dont work
>>
>>72190020
the fuck???????????????????????

lmaoooooooooooooooooooooooo
>>
File: topsters2.jpg (706KB, 2786x1372px) Image search: [Google]
topsters2.jpg
706KB, 2786x1372px
>Grouper - The Man Who Died In His Boat
I like Grouper as much as the next sad-brained dude, but I didn't like this as much as Dragging a Dead Deer or Ruins. Honestly, I prefer Grouper's work with Jefre Cantu-Ledesma but they've only done that once and I suspect it won't happen again any time soon. This was a decent listen, but I'd rather listen to those other two albums. Ah well.
>>
File: demon arbiter of rude.png (273KB, 332x210px) Image search: [Google]
demon arbiter of rude.png
273KB, 332x210px
>>72190023
>>
File: jpg.jpg (1MB, 2041x1680px) Image search: [Google]
jpg.jpg
1MB, 2041x1680px
Stan Brakhage - Unconscious London Strata
[1981]
22 min

The title pretty much gives it all away. I presume the source of the images is London, but they have all been so gratuitously stratified it's hard to tell. Blurred out, mirrored, sovrapposed; the eye searches for what's underneath: and it's repayed when images of the big ben become visible, or city lights, simple park life, a river, a palace. It accurately pictures how nostalgia and memory works and it manages to be yet another piece by brakhage that surprises me.

>>
>>72187432
I will say one thing, it's got a v good title.
>>
File: 89 listenalong The Ganelin Trio.png (293KB, 1732x1220px) Image search: [Google]
89 listenalong The Ganelin Trio.png
293KB, 1732x1220px
>>
>>72183543
Specifically, the 4.5–5.0 range is reserved only for Ween, John Fahey, Jim O'Rourke, and Modest Mouse
>>
File: lca02rbf7rfaavlzlkmt.jpg (58KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
lca02rbf7rfaavlzlkmt.jpg
58KB, 640x640px
>>72185913
>he doesn't like the monk chant
wtf

also fun fact: it gets sampled a lot. Both Tzusing and Mercury Rev, at least, have a song that use it
>>
>>72190679
>have a song
have songs
>>
>>72190686
wait hold the phone

Is it "have songs"?

Or "each have a song"
>>
File: Cover.jpg (83KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Cover.jpg
83KB, 500x500px
>>72174272
k
>Jackson Mac Low - Open Secrets
>>
File: Cover.jpg (1MB, 1392x1402px) Image search: [Google]
Cover.jpg
1MB, 1392x1402px
>>72190708
damnit THAT"S THE WRONG JACKSON! AHH!
>>72174272
>>
>>72190695
You got it right first time fool
>>
>>72190747
Not so! The way it was first structured means that Tzusing and Mercury Rev collaborated on a single song, which I don't think was the case.

"Tzusing and Mercury Rev *each have songs* that use it." would be better.

although it's still a very ugly sentence and co should be ashamed.
>>
File: 1486082507571.jpg (138KB, 600x435px) Image search: [Google]
1486082507571.jpg
138KB, 600x435px
>>72190855
I am indeed ashamed

Both Tzusing and Mercury Rev have a song that uses the sample

There is so much egg on my face
>>
Neat
>>
>>72190882
>There is so much egg on my face
l-lewd
>>
>>72190882
I give up
>>
>>72190882
>have
>a song
>Singular object
Still means they both worked together to produce one song.

Get rid of the "Both" at the start of the sentence and you'll understand it better.

:^) it's rainin' egg I tell ya what.
>>
File: 1492261329956.png (353KB, 1732x1220px) Image search: [Google]
1492261329956.png
353KB, 1732x1220px
>>
>>72189679
Lmao I just listened to this last night, what are the flippin odds.
>>
File: Cover.jpg (472KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Cover.jpg
472KB, 1000x1000px
>>72179742
for your tourney
>>
File: listenalong.png (435KB, 1732x1220px) Image search: [Google]
listenalong.png
435KB, 1732x1220px
>>
File: lena-lost-in-you.jpg (84KB, 782x781px) Image search: [Google]
lena-lost-in-you.jpg
84KB, 782x781px
what about this?
https://play.spotify.com/track/261JjqZxHunllvuzHlVzvS
>>
>>72190962
>plays well
what did you think about it
did he play well?
>>
>>72191080
Don't have time for writeups until after exams but yeah I likes it a lot 8/10
>>
>>72190721
radical
>>
>>72190721
got a link tho
>>
File: listenalong doot.png (597KB, 1732x1220px) Image search: [Google]
listenalong doot.png
597KB, 1732x1220px
>>
>>72191170
No, part of the of fun is finding it :^)
>>
>>72191170
[spoiler] you could try slsk tho [/spoiler]
>>
>>72191238
disqualified
>>
>>72190855
>>72190938
Hmm still not convinced this is right... The "both" changes the meaning
>>
>>72191247
i cant use slsk i wouldnt ask if i could
>>
>>72191252
It's an ugly case of a list as the subject of a sentence. Specifically in this case, where each piece of the list did a different thing. My recommendation would be to break the list apart, to avoid confusion;

"Tzusing sampled it in a song, and so did Mercury Rev."
>>
>>72191364
RIght, I got all that, but I thought if he were to say "tzusing and mercury rev have songs..." that it would imply they each have multiple songs. I see though
>>
>>72191417
"have songs" doesn't specify how many songs they each have. It's not specific. Gets the job done though, for certain, just poorly.
>>
>>72191344
I don't like uploading things so I'll just change rec;

J.S. Bach - Du wahrer Gott und Davids Sohn
My preferred recording is in full on YT so ezpz;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWY02RC2LSQ
>>
>>72191460
youre off the hook for now
>>
>>72191417
I guess yes, though, I should have said "Each has a song" desu. Compound subjects sux.
>>
So the new girlfriend is meeting the senpai. Music for this feel???
>>
>>72191591
scooter no time to chill
>>
>>72191591
marvin gay duh
>>
>>72191622
Finally heard the other morning, very chill
>>
>>72191650
(the song by charlie plath)
>>
>>72191702
yes this one.
>>
File: listenalongmish.png (610KB, 1732x1220px) Image search: [Google]
listenalongmish.png
610KB, 1732x1220px
>>
>>72190653
don't forget thinking fellers

>>72190679
it's good i just like the other two tracks more

and honestly just scrap that whole sentence and rewrite it "both tzusing and mercury Rev have sampled it."
>>
File: lrd.jpg (16KB, 207x300px) Image search: [Google]
lrd.jpg
16KB, 207x300px
which les rallizes denudes album should i listen to first, /mu/?
>>
>>72192415
Beventy Beven Bive
>>
>>72192415
none
>>
>>72192415
why listen to any at all?
>>
N U G A S

https://mega.nz/#!R6JyHTCB!cpNCADSa1QL3n6ZK1PMnInHSZmYSYQEOR_xdRlCAevA
>>
>>72192488
why not?
>>
>>72192564
other people made music too
>>
>>72192576
good thing i listen to other people's music too then, anon!
>>
File: dddepre.png (651KB, 1168x1106px) Image search: [Google]
dddepre.png
651KB, 1168x1106px
oh yeah, tourney thing. i really hope this isn't illegal...

so, for the final round, i asked you both (jim and sshx) to give me an album and two EPs. i really hope you two trust in each other, because..... you'll be playing with each other's EP recs! that's right, you chose each other's EPs! I thought i'd do this with all 3 picks but that would've been too unfair and sinister of me... the one with the highest combined score will win the tourney!
>>
File: 1491940203136.webm (1MB, 480x596px) Image search: [Google]
1491940203136.webm
1MB, 480x596px
>>
>>72192704
but if you can do that why listen to lrd
>>
>>72192722
idk, seems interesting enough to give it a chance, no particular reason other than that
>>
File: super good.jpg (92KB, 656x520px) Image search: [Google]
super good.jpg
92KB, 656x520px
by the way, daily, i need your help with something i'm making. i need as many people as possible that could talk about any certain topic or story or something that happened in your life, really anything that isn't too nerdy or too boring or too popular a topic for about 1-2 minutes. big bonus points if it's about historical stuff. if youre interested, pm me on discord or rym and we'll talk.

>>72192576
this, other people have made better music for you to listen to
>>
>>72192502
this is rlly good
>>
File: demon damn straight.png (142KB, 177x204px) Image search: [Google]
demon damn straight.png
142KB, 177x204px
>>72192836
sign me up
>>
Fuck full albums. Post rare singles/EPs.
>>
>>72192709
hmm
>Azealia
i feel like sshx was in on that haha
>>
I'm preparing a folk chart, any nice american folk music, contemporary folk, blues, bard music, etc. that you could recommend? Preferable stuff that's a bit less known.
>>
>>72194115
harry smith anthology
>>
File: Of2lGhJ.png (69KB, 500x264px) Image search: [Google]
Of2lGhJ.png
69KB, 500x264px
>>72194005
>>
>>72189184
Can't argue with that, definitely a good one

>>72189916
This is an awesome reaction image omg

>>72190199
Yah, I guess it has that going for it
>>
>>72194005
This should probably be its own thread. >>72194336
>>
>>72194366
fuck full threads post rare posts
>>
>>72194513
fuck full po
>>
>>72194177
plz dont cheet on me thirstin
>>
>>72194115
Michael Chapman - Rainmaker
Mike Cooper - Trout Steel
Steve Gunn - Way Out Weather
Gary Higgins - Red Hash
Michael Hurley - Armchair Boogie
Jackie-O Motherfucker - Flags of the Sacred Harp
>>
>>72194680
hahahaha thats cool nice
>>
File: 6457777.jpg (607KB, 1300x1300px) Image search: [Google]
6457777.jpg
607KB, 1300x1300px
AOTY
>>
File: real album cover.png (3MB, 1300x1300px) Image search: [Google]
real album cover.png
3MB, 1300x1300px
>>72194804
>>
hey guys, things are rough for me right now, i need something to listen to to feel better. pls rec something nice.
>>
>>72194881
lmao
>>
ok i'll just listen to taeko ohnuki again
>>
bipbop.jpg
2MB, 3683x2296px
>triple six mafia - underground vol. 1
now THESE are my kind of bangers. loved the lo-fi beats and the haziness. the rapping wasn't anything extraordinary but still served its purpose. a couple duds but overall great.

what next?
>>
>>72194709
thanks!
>>72194164
I listened to it long ago, maybe I'll listen to it again.
>>
>>72195488
If you want something similar, try the Bone Thugs or Gravediggaz.

Otherwise, idk maybe do Moment of Truth
>>
>>72195090
Jorge Ben - Samba Esquema Nova
>>
File: Cover.jpg (470KB, 1077x1077px) Image search: [Google]
Cover.jpg
470KB, 1077x1077px
>>72195090
Margo Guryan - Take a Picture
>>
File: 1492268386689.png (815KB, 1732x1220px) Image search: [Google]
1492268386689.png
815KB, 1732x1220px
do this
>>
File: liste n alon g.png (884KB, 1732x1220px) Image search: [Google]
liste n alon g.png
884KB, 1732x1220px
>>72196040
ok
>>
File: folk1504.jpg (1MB, 2985x2604px) Image search: [Google]
folk1504.jpg
1MB, 2985x2604px
fugg, that's a lot of music
>>
>>72196273
i did too pal
>>72196447
>Comus
yr in for a treat my dude
>>
>>72195730
pretty nice so far, thank you

>>72195909
looking forward to this
>>
>>72195909
whoa buddy, this is adorable
>>
heres a quick lil review dump

>Miles Davis - Bitches Brew
There's a lot for me to take in with this one, and I have a hard time writing about jazz, so heres just a list of my thoughts while I was listening:
-Miles Davis is an impeccable trumpet player
-John McLaughlin kills it on the guitar
-I love the sound of the bass as well. All the instruments are just top notch.
-The compositions on here are so dense and complex, yet everything feels so bare and psychedelic to me. I think its the details in the production of this album that give off the effect (the echoes of the instruments in particular), as well as the improvisations.
Yeah, not much else for me to say about this. This will probably climb up to being one of my favorite jazz albums with more listens.
3.5+ (love)

>Sufjan Stevens - Age of Adz
Oh Sufjan... how did I not listen to this sooner? As soon as the electronics kicked in, my ears perked, and when I heard that oboe and flute fly over them, I knew this was gonna be a good album. Sufjan seemlessly fuses his chamber music skills with his electronic/glitch skills, and on top of that, packs some of the most passionate vocals I've heard from him. Plus, Impossible Soul is as good a song as it's hyped up to be.
4.0 (love)

>DJ Screw - Endonesia
Well, One Day is quite the song. I gotta say, I wasn't too into this screwtape honestly. One Day is an incredible song, and The Gangsta, the Killer and the Dopedealer is good too, but the rest of the tape doesn't enchant me like 3 n the Mornin does. It definitely has a different feel than the few other screwtapes I've heard, and while I like the sound, I just wasn't too crazy about it all together. Oh well.
>>
File: blapplog2.png (3MB, 1247x1133px) Image search: [Google]
blapplog2.png
3MB, 1247x1133px
>>72197506
>Grimes - Art Angels
Hmmph, I don't really know what I was expecting with this album. I don't like Grimes' voice very much at all, it gets pretty annoying during certain songs (Kill V. Maim). In general, this just feels lifeless to me. It feels like it's trying to be something its not. Like not much about this feels fresh or unique or anything, its just booooring.
2.5-

>Talking Heads - Fear of Music
Byrne didn't really nail the funk sound until Remain in Light, but this album definitely comes close. Even then, this album still brings what Talking Heads does best: Rhythmic, anxious, weird jams and killer guitar solos. This album also cements for me that Byrne is not only a musical genius, but an amazing vocalist too.
3.5+ (love)

what next??
>>
File: 1490678660460.jpg (10KB, 255x200px) Image search: [Google]
1490678660460.jpg
10KB, 255x200px
>>72185913
>I can't say I really care too much for the twenty minutes of chanting that makes up the last track
>>
File: bad.png (578KB, 1820x600px) Image search: [Google]
bad.png
578KB, 1820x600px
it is finished
>>
>>72197608
listen to the passion tomorrow or yuo are a pleb
>>
>>72197608
lol
>>
File: Listen.png (889KB, 1732x1220px) Image search: [Google]
Listen.png
889KB, 1732x1220px
Figured I might as well join in on the fun
>>
File: goddamn.png (501KB, 435x294px) Image search: [Google]
goddamn.png
501KB, 435x294px
>>72197625
i listened to it today and im a pleb anyway what are you going to do about it
>>
>>72197643
i dont follow
>>
>>72197695
just snerkin at that wild matchup
>>
>>72197735
i see well youre right its pretty wild perfect for me im a wild dude doing wild stuf all the time
>>
>>72197748
:0
>>
>>72197643
Bets on arca imo
>>
>>72197527
but kvm is sotd
>>
>>72197837
yeah, Discover America is like a meal made entirely of fruit
>>
>>72197362
: )
>>
>>72196040
Top left box is meant for the score and top right for the rating system i.e.

[5] [10]

(just kidding its completely useless)
>>
>>72198006
okay makes sense.

post your address and ssn on /daily/ so I can send you your cookie
>>
File: 1492288891136306932572.jpg (2MB, 1840x3264px) Image search: [Google]
1492288891136306932572.jpg
2MB, 1840x3264px
>>72197999
>>72198000

>>72198006
>>72198006
top left is for the name!! you got it wrong the whole time!!!
>>
>>72198088
Ok heres my current location

N68° 52' 30" E27° 11' 3"
>>
File: 1492287569927.png (1MB, 1732x1220px) Image search: [Google]
1492287569927.png
1MB, 1732x1220px
oh also the flootes are good, good
>>
File: haha term using cuck comic pic.png (1MB, 1732x1220px) Image search: [Google]
haha term using cuck comic pic.png
1MB, 1732x1220px
>>72198443
sippin on some codeine or however that one screw song goes
>>
>>72176032
nice

i wish i could make a chart but for some reason the site isnt working for JUST me and it's been months
>>
>>72199459
>using the original topsters
no kid you gotta use never ending chart rendering
>>
File: 1490655363442.jpg (69KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1490655363442.jpg
69KB, 960x960px
>>72199471
that's what I'm using

mfw i went to the website so i could screenshot the problem and it fixed, after months of not working
>>
>>72199617
look at that young man with his nutritious snack, i love him
>>
>>72199617
youre welcome
>>
>>72199617
he is handsome and well-mannered
>>
>>72196273
Listened to AZD for the first time the other night. I didn't think much of it, but I liked the last 3 tracks a lot and X22RME.

Re-listening to it now really fucking loud, and I'm loving it. Only minor complaints so far. I think the beginning is a little slow, but I like how different his style and approach is in subtle ways.
>>
I know it may not be up everyone's alley on /mu/ but I've been working on an athlete/musician crossover list. Basically every pro athlete who put out an album/mixtape/EP. Here it is so far:

https://rateyourmusic.com/list/woolite123/shoot-pass-slam-a-chronological-list-of-athlete_music-crossovers/

If you think of anything I'm missing, lemme know. I may use some of the info for an article so any help would be appreciated.
>>
>>72200000
checkin
>>72200077
good lord that's quite an idea
>>
File: topsters2 (4).png (2MB, 2695x2400px) Image search: [Google]
topsters2 (4).png
2MB, 2695x2400px
Here's my favorite albums chart. Thoughts/ r8/ rec/ etc

>>72199631
haha thanks
>>72199789
he is
>>
>>72200077
Nice. Da nation, baby:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8-FKpWiHijo

Everything this beautiful man has done:
https://rateyourmusic.com/artist/ron_artest
>>
>>72200281
have u heard let my children hear music
>>
>>72200281
that gnaw their tongues album im p sure i recd you before, per flagellum something spoopy in latin
also endon - mama
p poser, im sure ull love those
>>
>>72200373
actually no
>>72200430
>p poser
hell yes just for me
>>
>>72200459
hear it my child
>>
https://rateyourmusic.com/release/album/radwimps/your-name/

Pretty great soundtrack desu check it out

4/5
>>72200469
will do, backlogged
>>
File: covering the bases.jpg (56KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
covering the bases.jpg
56KB, 500x500px
>>72200077
>https://rateyourmusic.com/list/woolite123/shoot-pass-slam-a-chronological-list-of-athlete_music-crossovers/

this is one of the first albums i ever owned. was big into baseball around the red sox first world series win and just learning to play guitar so my mom got me this.
>>
File: RandomChart1.png (655KB, 2724x1064px) Image search: [Google]
RandomChart1.png
655KB, 2724x1064px
Have so many tabs open of music that's in my priority to listen to, so decided to make a chart out of them so it won't stress me out forgetting any/ having so many tabs open

Should be an exciting next few days
>>
>>72200069
Before work today I put it on again and I really fucking dug the first few tracks. This will probably be a huge grower for me honestly.
>>
File: xx.jpg (868KB, 2780x1392px) Image search: [Google]
xx.jpg
868KB, 2780x1392px
hey guys check out what i found

http://www.nicolascollins.com/texts/brokenlightscore.pdf
how to perform the broken light trilogy live!

http://www.nicolascollins.com/texts/darkandstormynightlibretto.pdf
now you can sing along to your favorite 20 minute sound collage!
>>
>>72200648
AZD
>>
luchini is FUCKING NUTS
>>
bipbop.jpg
2MB, 3683x2296px
>gang starr - moment of truth
some absolutely FANTASTIC beats, like amazing shit, bogged down by on-the-nose lyrics and barely above-average rapping. got grating towards the end but there were still some great highs.

>camp lo - uptown saturday night
god damn this is such a fun record. the beats are a great combination of pretty and groovy and the rappers can spit. also >>72201308
>>
File: fourtsament tortsament.png (1MB, 3136x1996px) Image search: [Google]
fourtsament tortsament.png
1MB, 3136x1996px
>>72201308
>S v Novelty Condom
You know, I actually have original copies of every Traveller rules book. (The three 1977 originals and additional five released later.) This includes all thirteen supplements and several copies of Journal of the Traveller's Aid Society. This is just part of the collection of wild & wacky RPG memorabilia my dad passed down to me (Including several ye olde Gary Gygax D20 system campaign modules, which holds in its confines a near-mint OG copy of Gary Gygax' Queen of the Spiders. But I digress.)

So anyways, Slough Feg's "Traveller" brought up some nostalgia. Musically, it was some hooky space-age power metal with power metal vocals and power riffage. It was good.

Ronald Shannon Jackson's "Mandance" was a mess of madness. It scores huge points for the drumming. (Nice drums) Much of the instrumentals were pretty ugly though, in terms of harmony and whatnot. I'm sure this was intended, but it's still ugly.

Blah blah I shouldn't let nostalgia blind me blah blah Mandance was technically better

blah blah blah S wins!

AKA, S stumbled upon an album that happened to slot into Torstian history. By pure chance, this victory was earned.
>>
>>72202051
thanks for the reply
>>
>>72202076
(you)'re welcome.

gotta inflate the currency, right? Memeitative easing!
>>
>>72202088
F A I T H - B A S E D
>>
are you shitting me

is it literally a compilation of silent tracks by different artists

http://www.forcedexposure.com/Catalog/ALGA.046LP.html
>>
>>72202097
Make sure to invest at least 10% of your portfolio in /daily/ OP images. It's a good hedge desu.
>>
>>72194044
LOL its one of my favs
>>
File: 1491187472944.jpg (5KB, 250x224px) Image search: [Google]
1491187472944.jpg
5KB, 250x224px
>>72200960
bless
>>
File: swag_piglet.jpg (14KB, 236x354px) Image search: [Google]
swag_piglet.jpg
14KB, 236x354px
New Gas album is L I T

>>72200281
Non memejazz jazz recs:
Don Ellis - Electric Bath
Stan Kenton - City of Glass
Joe Harriott - Hum Dono
Archie Shepp - Fire Music
Sun Ra - Days of Happiness
John Handy - Live at Monterey
Andrew Hill - Black Fire
>>
File: topsters2 (1).jpg (500KB, 1680x1680px) Image search: [Google]
topsters2 (1).jpg
500KB, 1680x1680px
Recent study listens.

Talk amongst yourselves about how cool and cultured I am but don't talk to me because I should be studying k bye.
>>
>>72203362
hahaha what is he doing...
>>
>>72203290
>New Gas album is L I T
agree
>>
>>72203290
>>72203713
o but thats dangerous!
>>
>>72203770
nice
>>
>>72192709
>? deletes himself if i win 3rd round
wtf why
>>
>>72191008
neat, noted
>>
>>72203770
haha ebin
>>
>>72199208
where do i find this music

cant find it on slsk
>>
>>72200960
nice
>>
>>72200849
That's Actress for ya.

>>72203290
I've been hearing about Gas a lot lately. Should I check out his older albums first?
>>
>>72204018
right here guy >>72189679
>>
>>72204099
pop is "essential" ambient but i might like the new record more
>>
>>72204099
It barely matters, but if you want some context (and more great music):
Zauberberg --> Pop --> Narkopop
>>
>>72204149
>>72204205
Cool, I'll probably end up listening to the whole discog anyway
>>
>>72203971
buttsex is the new money how will the world change
>>
>>72204442
lot more homoners
>>
>>72204442
huh
>>
>>72204442
jangle is rich
lol goteem
>>
>>72204504
lemmy a fiver senpai
>>
File: blapplog2.png (3MB, 1247x1133px) Image search: [Google]
blapplog2.png
3MB, 1247x1133px
we sadbois tonight
>David Thomas Broughton - The Complete Guide to Insufficiency
I'll always be a sucker for repetition, and thats a key element on this album. Every song is repetitive and intricate. Every single layer and loop feels more daunting than the last, and the sadness builds up and up until the next song begins. I especially like when Broughton layers reverse loops over the forward loops, and improvises over that. Broughton knows how to play his guitar, and he can certainly emphasize on that over the loops.

>Mount Eerie - A Crow Looked at Me
Words are very powerful. I don't usually listen to lyrics too hard, but Phil practically forces you to listen as soon as you turn this album on. And this album is devastating. I'm not usually phased by these types of albums, but this was hard to listen to. In terms of the backing instrumentals, we all know Phil could do something more dense, but the minimalist approach works really well for this album. The lyrics are truly the main focus. I'm not sure I want to listen to this again, but I mean that in a good way I guess.

up next
>>
>>72200174
Thanks!

>>72200311
Got Metta on there but I'll see if I can find that Raiders album on RYM

>>72200617
Huh, that's kind of a weird intro to music but it's also a cool story
>>
>>72204557
do boots for dancing in honor of our short-lived friend pom
>>
>>72204599
>short-lived friend pom
damn, half that row is rec'd by pom. gotta pay my respeks
>>
>attempt to make new thread
>absolutely butcher it
end my suffering
>>
nu

>>72205400
>>72205400
>>72205400
Thread posts: 317
Thread images: 88

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.