[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you prefer The Microphones or Mount Eerie? (Pretending Mount

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_2920.jpg (37KB, 455x455px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2920.jpg
37KB, 455x455px
Do you prefer The Microphones or Mount Eerie? (Pretending Mount Eerie is a Mount Eerie release)
>>
Why does /mu/ only use this cover of Mount Eerie?
>>
This is really a question of The Glow Pt. 2 vs Mount Eerie, a quirky sweet folk pop album practically giving off warmth vs a neofolk ambient epic with experimental production
>>
>>72159691
>(Pretending Mount Eerie is a Mount Eerie release)
Who does this?
>>
File: 600x600.jpg (105KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
600x600.jpg
105KB, 600x600px
>>72159691
>(Pretending Mount Eerie is a Mount Eerie release)
In that case I'd go with Mount Eerie.
if not it would be tough, they're very different projects. I'd probably go with Microphones. though Mount Eerie has more albums that I like, The Microphones has two of my all time favorites

>>72159709
this one is my favorite
>>
I like Microphones but Mount Eerie simply has a much more consistent and mature sounding output. Phil is finally comfortable after years of experimentation
>>
>>72159709
>>72159717
>>72159744
All of this.

Also, I personally prefer The Glow Pt. 2 and It Was Hot over the ME album in general, but it really just depends on my mood.
>>
File: TheGlow2.png (586KB, 1152x648px) Image search: [Google]
TheGlow2.png
586KB, 1152x648px
The Glow Pt. 2

Call me an ADHDfag but Mount Eerie is just TOO slow for me. I can't handle all the time spent building up or ambient.
>>
>>72160102
Same
>>
>>72160102
>I can't handle all the time spent building up or ambient
so literally only the first potion of the first track?
>>
if were pretending mount eerie is a mount eerie release, then mount eerie.
>>
>>72160102
thats only like the first ten minutes.

do you not mind all the interludes on that album?
>>
I hope Phil is OK
>>
>>72160234

Phil will heal. He has a daughter to take care of. He'll be mourning the loss of his wife his entire life, but he'll heal.
>>
>>72159691
if im pretending everything the microhphones did is a mount eerie project and also everything neutral milk hotel did is a kanye west project then yes i think the microphones is the better project.
>>
>>72160479
alright but what about the microphones vs kanye west?
>>
>>72160545

well Kanye West could obviously beat Phil Elverum in a fight.
>>
>>72159691
Mount Eerie is the best album.
>>
>>72160545
>>72160704
anyone who thinks kanye is worse than the memerophones is an edgy contrarian. Kanye West is one of the defining acts of the 21st century who has impacted music more than anybody else in the past 20 years. His music is also really fucking good, and he has yet to release a bad album where as Memerophones/Mount Memerie has It Was Hot and A Crow Looked At Me which are some bad releases.
>>
File: 良いミーム.jpg (111KB, 960x643px) Image search: [Google]
良いミーム.jpg
111KB, 960x643px
>>72161256
>>
>>72161368
I know you're trying to imply I'm baiting with this but I'm literally speaking the truth. Phil is a good guy and all but his output just isn't nearly as good as Kanye's stuff. Even his best works can't match the likes of Yeezus and Graduation.
>>
>>72161387
>I know you're trying to imply I'm baiting with this but I'm literally speaking the truth.
Silly me. You must've lost me when you typed meme puns as an insult and thought you were making a point.
>>
>>72161403
Being a meme isn't an insult silly, it's just a way of expressing how they're overrated. Overrated isn't an insult either, it's just a fact.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.