[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>artist claims to come from nothing >could afford the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

>artist claims to come from nothing
>could afford the equipment to make music

Hmmmm
>>
>>72152276
We are recording our debut with our band, our rhythm guitarist's guitar cost him 50 euros. You don't need expensive equipment to make music.
>>
>>72152276
its really not that expensive anymore
>>
all you need is a laptop those usually come with a microphone
>>
>>72152276
name 3 that did this
>>
>>72153756
i paid R$ 1.200 on my pair of rokit5 here in brazil. dont get me wrong but it really is expensive.
>>
>>72152276
recordingrevolution.com

You can download Pro Tools First tonight and make whatever you want. Get a used controller/keyboard for under a hundred dollars.
>>
Real musicians do not record their music, their forte is the live performance.
>>
>>72153831
young thug
>>
I can't stand this fukn trend of people pretending to be poor

So firstly, it makes dumb middle-class suburban kids who are perfectly well off wish they could identify with some kind of "low-class culture" which inevitably leads to some cringeworthy attempts to seem "hood" or claim street cred (see: drake talking about how his uncle lent him a car as a testament to his poor upbringing)

secondly, it almost makes coming from parents who worked hard, stuck around, and did their best to provide for you seem shameful. which is bullshit, they did their best and now you're just too much of an ungrateful faggot to grow the fuck up and take responsibility for your shit,and actually continue up the social ladder which is what your parents want you to do (and what your ancestors, who, you know, were ACTUALLY dirt poor and came from nothing wanted you to do).

finally, i think it also stems from the idea that you can't have "real" ideas about the world around you if you aren't poor, or that you can't comment on any situation that isn't your own. but that's bullshit too, because as I think we've all experienced, you literally have no idea who you are above all else, but your perception of other people tends to be actually pretty sharp. like you can tell the dork across from you in your physics class is a total nerd who gets no chicks, whereas YOU obviously have no doubt numerous redeeming features that make you look tough and cool. we know ourselves the least of anybody, and we depend on other people to make insights into our character, which is why we like recieving feedback, socializing, critique of our work, etc etc

i get that art is partially self reflection, but it's also a way of understanding the world around us - the cosmic other, as it were, and i wish people would just stop being such wimps about writing poetry / lyrics and make honest observations about what they think of other people instead of pussyfooting around it and writing endless angst filled bullshit
>>
>>72152276
>organic lifeform

really makes you think
>>
>>72153913
Majority of hardcore punk in the 80's act this way. Especially Henry Rollins where in interviews he talk about being a lower-class and being bullied by authorities when his bandmates stated he is exaggerating everything. This is one reason why I can't stand that prick.
>>
>>72153853
>he fell for the krk rokit meme
should have just gotten a pair of headphones with a decently flat frequency response and saved a ton of money my man
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.