[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This album is even MORE bland and boring than Carrie and Lowell.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: a bird saw me naked.jpg (52KB, 640x639px) Image search: [Google]
a bird saw me naked.jpg
52KB, 640x639px
This album is even MORE bland and boring than Carrie and Lowell. What a fucking drag man, this shit is awful.

>HURRRRR HIS WIFE DIED SO IT'S GOOD

No, it's objectively fucking bad, from the dead (PUN) instrumentation, to the fucking maximum cringe-inducing lyrics. Holy fuck, the fucking lyrics mate. JESUS FUCK. What a hot piece of garbage this little hunk of 40 minutes is.

You're a little bitch if this album literally made you cry.
>>
>>72149816
I like the lyrics they are really poignant, but I don't care for the album as whole. The instrumentation is way too sparse and barren.
>>
>>72149892
The lyrics literally make me gag. I literally mean literally. I literally gagged when I heard the lyrics on Real Death.
>>
>>72149816
your vocabulary is telling of so much
>>
>"This is objectively [insert subjective opinion]!!!"
fuck off
>>
>>72149952
I have a pretty extensive vocabulary.

Do you not speak Memenese? The OP post is in Memenese you dipchip.
>>
>>72149983
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Self-awareness
>>
>>72149816
My dad died in January, and I can't listen to this album without crying.
>>
>>72149816
It's a concept album

It's not supposed to be great in a traditional sense or refined.
>>
its a good thing you have an image board that tells you what to think
>>
>>72150193
I'm sorry.
>>
Critics only like it because his wife died desu

Sonically, the album shows no ambition. The instrumentals are nothing special and the vocals are forgettable. It's a shame how much external factors can actually change people's opinion on how they hear music.
>>
It's like reading the diary of somebody you care about. Diaries aren't often very eloquently written.
>>
>>72151668
Yeah tell me more about how that has anything to do with the music though.

Just because they lyrics are written in a pseudo-intimate way doesn't mean any of it is good.
>>
>>72151566
Yep. There was a lot of hype before it came out, so everyone was expecting "10/10 saddest album ever". I think the only real reason people HONESTLY like it is because they can relate to the lyrics. I don't think this album is gonna have any lasting power.
>>
If it was written in a more traditionally satisfying way it wouldn't have the same kind of emotional weight. Phil knows how to write more sonically dense/lyrically opaque material, he could have done that if he wanted. What he's done with this album is very blatantly a directed artistic choice.

If you don't like it that's fine, but you're not nearly as smart you think you are. What you're "criticizing" is the exact same thing the people who enjoyed it have taken note, except they think it adds to overall experience rather than detracts.

Is the context of his wife dying going to change the way people view it? Sure, it'd be impossible to given the nature of the album, but the fact is that you dismissing the praise based on that point when basically every reviewer has talked in length why exactly hey're viewing it so highly makes you look very stupid.
>>
>>72152027
>What he's done with this album is very blatantly a directed artistic choice.

Yes, he BLATANTLY made a shitty album. Thanks for clarifying that!
>>
>>72152027
>basically every reviewer has talked in length

Lmfao, you actually think that shit matters? Those reviewers have a fucking brand to protect you stupid little embryo. If they said ANYTHING too negative, they'd get blasted in the ass from other reviewers and especially butthurt Mount Eerie fanboys.

The praise this album got was clearly a strategic choice.
>>
>>72152319
read my post again
>>
>>72152319
That's obviously not what I'm saying. I think the minimal direction he took makes it vastly more devastating in its execution. If it was made differently it would not have received the praise its getting.
>>72152377
>le edgy everybodys a shill meme
And I wasn't even pointing to them as a means of appealing to authority, I'm just saying people have written at length about why they find the direction he went with it to be a successful artistic choice. And again, you don't even have to agree, but unless you actually present legitimate counterarguments to those points that amount to more than just "lol this is nu male baby shit" then I'm just going to assume you're an actual stupid person.

>>72152530
why are you pretending to be me

>>72152530
>>
>>72152377
>>72152648
>types posts with proper capitalization and punctuation
>claims >>72152530 is impersonating them
>typing style matches the person they are claiming is impersonating them in this response

What the fuck? Don't you think it's a LITTLE strange your typing style changed to exactly the same as the person you claim is impersonating you?
>>
>>72152781
whatever you say Inspector Faggot
>>
>>72153475
Whatever you say SAMEFAG
>>
>>72153672
SAVAGE
>>
File: savages.jpg (33KB, 498x271px) Image search: [Google]
savages.jpg
33KB, 498x271px
>>72153855
B A R E L Y

E V E N

H U M A N
>>
>>72149816
honestly i feel like white people gravitate towards this album because they are sick of black excellence in music so they attach themselves to any type of high rating metacritic album without realizing it gets praise not because its good but because it gets pity reviews
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.