[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ask someone who's been signed to a major label for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: major-labels-637x358.gif (28KB, 637x358px) Image search: [Google]
major-labels-637x358.gif
28KB, 637x358px
Ask someone who's been signed to a major label for 10 months anything.
>>
how much titty u get?
>>
what genre
have you charted on any billboard charts and how high?
>>
has the average person heard of you?
>>
>>72149366
Haven't released the record yet. If we don't chart high it means we flop and we're probably out so that's the aim for when the record drops.
>>
>>72149373
No, not yet. There's been a few threads in here about us though.

>>72149357
I have a long term partner.
>>
>>72149424
Diet Cig?
>>
>>72149479
they're on an indie mate
>>
>>72149397
no singles out yet?
>>
>>72149340
how did you get the the chance to sign to the label?
>>
do you regret signing with a major label or do you think it was a good move for your career?

is the label going to cuck you out of royalties?

are you able to make a living as a full time musician?
>>
What's the band name
>>
Your music is automatically shit to me and I don't need to hear it to know that
>>
>>72149424
>I have a long term partner

yeah, still. I'm talking generally. If you was single, how much titty would you have gotten?
>>
just say who you are you nigger larping faggot, youre posting anonymously so youll still have deniability if you dont want to associated with le epic hate mongering site. either that or fuck off
>>
Good move OP, you're going to get no money and your music will belong to corporate fags.
Do you love being cucked?
>>
i don't believe you
>>
>>72149516
Singles have been out. Weren't aiming to chart though.

>>72149527
We got scouted by a manager, who's very well connected and networked. Worked for a couple of months. Started getting label people down for a visit. Offers came through. Chose major.

>>72149536
I don't regret it yet. However, the pressure to change is already happening - we have to do x and y (not only sonically) in order to move in a given trajectory that would increase our reach. We were very ambitious from the beginning however and knew that we had to compromise - they still want to keep us genuine because I get it sells better so that's a good thing. Our sound hasn't changed significantly.

Royalty rates are crap anyway, they're worse on indies. For us, its a 78-22 split on streaming (78 on them, of course) but we will probably not recoup the advances (no one does) anyway so no one cares.

I am making a living though, mainly from the massive advances we got. If it goes as planned, live shows after record drops + 2nd album advances will multiply my income.

>>72149556
There's so many good (and /mu/core) artists on majors so you're wrong.

>>72149600
a lot i guess

>>72149673
see above

>>72149695
ill post a screenshot of the contract hold on
>>
If you fail to recoup your advance do you have to pay it back out of pocket?
>>
WHAT GENRE
>>
P O S T
O
S
T

S I N G L E S
I
N
G
L
E
S
>>
File: 1467300038517.jpg (27KB, 591x448px) Image search: [Google]
1467300038517.jpg
27KB, 591x448px
>it's another "idiot roleplays as someone more important than he actually is" episode
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.