[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The whole "POP" era (album, tour, singles, promo) and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: U2-Pop-cover.png (218KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
U2-Pop-cover.png
218KB, 400x400px
The whole "POP" era (album, tour, singles, promo) and the way it was received by the American media and public was the beginning of U2's downfall.
>>
Their next 2 albums were worldwide smash hits
>>
>>72131356
Yes but POP was a such a failure that it bruised their ego as being untouchable and caused them to revert to make as accessible and straightforward milquetoast MOR pop rock as possible for the rest of their career. No more experiments with dance music or collaborative album of soundtracks to fake movies with Eno or ironic takes on mass media and consumer culture in their music and performances.
>>
U2 has always sucked.
>>
>>72131299
Unforgettable Fire was their peak. For one record, U2 realized their true potential, then they made arena rock.
>>
>>72131299
i came in here ready to sperg out at you but you're right.
>>
Stop spamming U2 you fucking autist
>>
I mostly agree. Pop was their first "bad" album. The only point I nitpick on is if POP was truly the *beginning* of their downfall. I love Achtung Baby, but let's be honest: they began the move toward milquetoast MOR arena rock with that album.

They were able to make that sound work for exactly one album. The entire rest of their career has been bad impressions of Achtung Baby.
>>
>>72131958
I haven't made another U2 thread bud
>>
Achtung Baby was a great album. Pop was ehh in all honesty.
>>
>>72133138
Shut up faggot. I know you're the one who's been going around making threads about fucking "U2 pill" and that Kendrick featured U2 on his album. Nobody cares.
>>
>>72133207
Except I'm not. Ya think it's possible that maybe there are multiple U2 fans on this board? Or that those other threads are just buttmad Kendrick fans who are just on the "le u2 sucks xD" bandwagon?

Moron
>>
>>72131845
The best arena rock ever created. You cannot deny the Zoo TV tour was insane.
>>
>>72133488
U2 up to '95 was great tbqh.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.