[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>everything decent is more than 200 dollars >have to carry

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: drums.jpg (63KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
drums.jpg
63KB, 500x375px
>everything decent is more than 200 dollars
>have to carry a bunch of heavy shit
>having to carry a bunch of heavy shit downstairs
>having to carry a bunch of heavy shit back upstairs
>having to carry a bunch of heavy shit to every show
>having to carry a bunch of heavy shit to ever studio session
>have to spend 20 minutes setting up at a show while your bandm mates play that one riff they always play asking you if you are ready yet
>some gigs demand you use the provided set which you aren't used to and no one has changed the heads in 20 years
>never come out in any of the band pictures
>no one respects your equipment
>everyone always tells you to be quiet during downtime in the studio
>cops always get called on you
>drums will only sound good if the acoustics of the room are good
>drums will only sound great if they are mic'd up
>drums will only sound awesome if they are mixed well by whoever has them mic'd up
>tuning is fucking gay bullshit
>no one respects the struggle except other drummers
>literally every single other musician on the planet has it easier

GOD WHY THE FUCK DID I FALL IN LOVE WITH SUCH A PIECE OF SHIT FUCKING INSTRUMENT?????
>>
>>72130176
Keyboardist here, I halfway feel your pain. Good gear is expensive as all get out and heavy and troublesome to set up (the Nord Stage is light but it sucks)

But for what it's worth rhythm section guys are the real bros, I respect you more than some dime a dozen guitarist
>>
>>72130253
You don't even understand how expensive it is a good keyboard $300 easily a good cymbal is the same price if I want a full kit that alone is easily $100 a drum so a cheap kit is easily $500 dollars to purchase all the cymbals to have a decent range (including a hi-hat, china, 2 crashes, a splash, and a ride - crash and Ride being mandatory) is easily $1200. Add the 500 for the kit and that's $1700 for a decent set up then it would be safe to assume the heads are shit so you'll need $25 a head for each drum so that's $125 easily. So the grand total is $1875 adding $50 for a bass drum pedal. Then you have to tune that shit which is bull shit.

>tfw the guitarist says you should retune your drums for the key of the song.

>FUCK YOU YA CUNT!!!
>>
>>72130726
Bare minimum for a good keyboard is 500 USD, and all that'll get you is good keys and a decent piano patch. A proper stage piano is 2 grand minimum.
>>
>>72130176
I feel you man. Just packed my car for a gig tomorrow and thought about how much nicer it would be if I could just toss my instrument in a case and in the back seat
>>
>>72130176
>>everyone always tells you to be quiet during downtime in the studio
you fucking should.
Holy shit I hate drummers that dick around, so fucking inconsiderate.
>>
It's not hard to tune drums, nigger. Practice your instrument. A decent guitar and amp along with pedals also costs about the same as a good drumset. I will give you it being a big, heavy piece of shit. Using a house set is also bullshit.
>>
>>72130176
I'm a drummer and I can somewhat relate, but jeez man, it can't be that bad. I mean, I've had neighbors ask me to quiet down during certain times, but the stuff about not being included in band photos and mixing aren't exclusive to drummers and probably just rare cases of having shitty bandmates. I'm grateful that I even have the opportunity to play music with others on a regular basis. The boys in Black Sabbath had that mindset, in case that means anything to you. I figure they were happier that way.

Still though, one thing that bothers me about being a drummer is that I can rarely join in conversations about harmony. I mean, I know a decent amount, so sometimes I can chime in and explain which chords I liked and talk about song structure, but most of the time it feels like I'm in the backseat.
>>
File: drum case.jpg (239KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
drum case.jpg
239KB, 1500x1500px
Behold the Pro Tec CP200WL. It holds my 16" bass drum (Sonor Safari), 14" floor tom, and 10" tom. Obviously the set doesn't sound god tier, but it's pretty fantastic for lugging it to band practices when you're in 5000 bands.

I've got a Pearl Export for actual important shows, but you guys should definitely invest in a bop set that's super compact. It's made my life a lot better.

And yeah bro, being a drummer is a fucking pain in the ass, but it's so much fun.
>>
>>72130176
>>never come out in any of the band pictures
>wanting to be in band pictures

fuck off chad
>>
>>72130726
>guy tries to support you
>"fuck you I have it harder"
Just fuck off you sperg
>>
guitarfag here

>$500+ for a decent guitar
>$600+ for a decent tube amp
>$100+ for a good pedal x 10
>cables, cables, and more cables
>bags/cases for everything
>new strings once a month
>guitar picks that always disappear
>replacement tubes/fuses for amp

we all have shit to complain about dude
>>
>>72131643
Also
>everyone relies on you to write all the music
>>
>>72131678
Yeah this is the best (provided you have good musicians in the band) part about being a drummer, you oftentimes just get to creatively work around what your guitarist has already written and flesh that out more, which is definitely what I prefer doing. It's great once you've really connected with the guys in your band and know how to complement their playing/
>>
>>72131678
Not if you're a group of multi-instrumentalists and every member can contribute and move around positions in the band
>>
>>72131562
His a worse Chad than Chad Channing
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.