[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm not sure if this is the right place but basically I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: Shrek.jpg (415KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Shrek.jpg
415KB, 1500x1000px
I'm not sure if this is the right place but basically I want to make a piano (electronic/keyboard or otherwise) for cheap and easily.

The reason for doing this is because I don't like the way the white and black keys are arranged on a normal piano 'cause it means whenever you wanna elevate something it's really tricky and complicated and I prefer just white black white black white black etc. and plus I don't like the fact that the octatonic scale is separated from the pentatonic scale, plus having it be "elevation specific" doesn't make sense in the first place considering that we (usually) use equal temperament instead of just temperament exactly for the purpose of alleviating the problem of proportions not fitting into each-other properly as an approximation of those proportions so why make it much more difficult to play when it can be much more easy?

As for not knowing what note is some whole multiple of 12 semitones up or down/where that note is being hard to see you can just colour code the white notes in a cyclic hue-based way e.g. there is 6 white notes per 12 semitones and 6 black ones and instead you can just have (for the white notes) red, yellow, green, cyan, blue, pink.
>>
(image is just a random unrelated image which was sitting around on my computer)
>>
anon are you autistic
>>
>>72128933

did you read my reasonings

i want to make it easier for myself to play a piano by making it easier to learn to play it and less time consuming
>>
>>72129037
>I want to make it easier for myself
>So I'll build a fucking instrument
Just learn to play a normal piano anon, jfc
>>
I admire your creativity anon
>>
>>
>>72129037
You are fucking stupid, truly.
If you were to do this, every octave the keyboard would be shifted one whole step to the left. Meaning every key would have a different note in the octave higher. There are only 12 semitones used in modern music, just learn to deal with it and stop being lazy.
>>
>>72129434
This
>>
>>72129434
>>72129481
There are 12 semitones in an octave, not 11 or 13. My system repeats cyclically every 12 semitones.

1 red
2 black
3 yellow
4 black
5 green
6 black
7 cyan
8 black
9 blue
10 black
11 pink
12 black
[repeat]

Note that the black keys would be the same in terms of shape as the black keys on a normal piano and that the non-black keys would be the same in terms of shape as the white keys on a normal piano. Maybe I didn't make that clear though.
>>
>>72129679
P A T H E T I C
A
T
H
E
T
I
C
>>
one of the options I was thinking of would be a multi-touch pressure sensitive extra wide touchscreen but then that's gonna be expensive plus they seem very difficult to find after having tried to find some online

another is to get some kind of "piano key like things" which are actually pressure sensitive buttons and then glue them onto a board and paint the white ones appropriately and then do some kind of electronics sort of thing like that

(haven't looked into the second one yet)
>>
File: colours.png (22KB, 467x381px) Image search: [Google]
colours.png
22KB, 467x381px
>>72129755
more like EFFICIENT, EASY AND REASONABLE

-12 RKYKGKCKBKPK
0 RKYKGKCKBKPK
+12 RKYKGKCKBKPK
+24 RKYKGKCKBKPK
+36 RKYKGKCKBKPK

TASTE THE RAINBOW
>>
>>72129201
I can play the piano although not amazingly and not anything especially complex. I came up with this idea because the layout of the white and black keys is the main hindrance to me learning it faster and learning to play more complex things and such.
>>
>>72128749
It's doable but unless you pay some Chinese dude to do it, you'd best touch up on your electronics knowledge.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.