[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

will thug every attain stardom on the likes of Drake and Kendrick

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

File: Thug.jpg (61KB, 700x409px) Image search: [Google]
Thug.jpg
61KB, 700x409px
will thug every attain stardom on the likes of Drake and Kendrick Lamar? With "No, My name is Jeffery" and his recent Calvin Harris collab Young Thug is creeping closer and closer to a more radio accessible sound. Considering his already decently large discography with a bulk of his viral hits stemming from Barter 6 and after, with such well received projects why does Young Thug still struggle to hit the charts and unable to sell anywhere near his contemporaries like Drake, Future, and Migos.

Is Thug's lack of work ethic (which has been brought to our attention by Leor Cohen) and habit of freestyling on tracks with minimal touching up holding him back? I suppose the slime season tapes (with the exception of I'm Up and SS3) get a pass considering they're compilations of his leaked tracks. However I'm Up is about half mediocre songs and the other half above-average quality. In my personal opinion Slime Season 3 is so far his most focused work other than Barter 6 which I hold to be on par however Thug had the guidance of Birdman on Barter 6.

Looking at "No, My Name is Jeffery" we can see Thugs lack of concentration and work ethic in full view. In the opening track, Wyclef Jean, and the later track Pop Man (ft. Wyclef Jean) we see a definite theme for the tape. These two tracks have a very similar sound yet different enough to be keep the general sound interesting. However, after the opening track this theme is disregarded for (in my opinion) some of Thug's most lackluster work on such a hyped commercial project and only picking up steam once we reach track 6 & 7.

What can we expect to see in the future from Young Thug? Will he be able to surpass Barter 6 or SS3? Is it possible for Thug to receive the recognition he deserves?
>>
>>72124935
>will thug every attain stardom on the likes of Drake and Kendrick Lamar?
naw, he fell off after SS2 and will likely never recover after how directionless everything since has been
>>
>>72124935
cash money ruined him. slowed down his output and dropped the "is he gay" fashion shit he had going from him

hi tunes never came out
>>
>>72124935
Young Thug's off-the-rip approach and his alleged lack of work ethic is really an optimal work flow for hip-hop music. If he was smart (don't know if he is) and thinking ahead, he would be moving away from a radio-ready sound and fill a market gap in popularizing more experimental things and working with more interesting producers.
>>
favorite thug song?

mine's wanna be me
>>
>>72125068
best friend
>>
File: 1488333420923.jpg (12KB, 170x208px) Image search: [Google]
1488333420923.jpg
12KB, 170x208px
>>72125084
kys
>>
>>72125102
m8 his flow on that one is legendary
>>
>>72125068
Constantly hating
>>
>>72125068
RiRi
there's something about the sea lion squeal I like
>>
File: 1439097065937.png (2MB, 4500x4334px) Image search: [Google]
1439097065937.png
2MB, 4500x4334px
>>72125068
In no real order but here's my top 3
Halftime
Problem
With Them
>>
>>72125168
Halftime definitely most favorite, his flow switching makes my testes tingle every time.
>>
>>72125084
die.

The correct answer is check.
>>
>>72125068
Od
>>
>>72125068
Constantly hating or Danny glover. To answer OP, I'm not sure he will ever reach that status. Tbh his name and persona scares off casual listeners.
>>
>>72125068
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-QxSh19nDI
>>
Everyone knows young thug you retard
>>
>>72125253
maybe in atlanta. 90% of people couldn't name a single song by him
>>
>>72125068
1. King Troup
2. Power
3. Alien ft. Solo Lucci

right now anyways, some digging always result in new favs
>>
>>72125182
>>72125168
the build in halftime is LEDG
>>
File: img072-1.jpg (174KB, 978x616px) Image search: [Google]
img072-1.jpg
174KB, 978x616px
>>72124935
I'm a beast I'm a beast I'm a mobbbsta
>>
>>72124935
We got to wait until he releases HyTunes, I think.
>>
>>72125386
Pick up the Phone

Go outside once in your life idiot
>>
>>72125141
>>72125239
my negros
>>
File: youngthug.gif (2MB, 485x270px) Image search: [Google]
youngthug.gif
2MB, 485x270px
>>72124935
If he doesn't join the 27 Club he has a definite chance. Jeffrey probably had the most pop appeal out of any of his releases thus far. Not to mention his growing catalog of hits, like Pick Up The Phone for example. He's bubbling just under the surface of the mainstream the same way Rae Sremmurd were pre-Black Beatles

>>72125068
With Them, Guwop, or RiRi
>>
>>72126950
Rae Sremmurd had two massive hits in No Type and No Flex Zone

Thug had 1 hit I've heard on the radio which is the song with Quan Lifestyle. Normies know who Young Thug is, and they're already turned off from him because he was unintelligble in that song and he doesn't really have a persona to latch on to.

Best Friend made some waves and I think Thug has a fanbase but he's really not cut out for the whole pop angle thing, he's likely already on his way down from here. If he manages to stay relevant, I'll be surprised. Looking to be something of a one hit wonder, though.

I think his shock marketing didn't help either, desu.

Don't get me wrong, he'll likely be continuing to make music for awhile, but he'll be for more niche hip hop listeners than a widespread mainstream audience like Drake. He also has no charisma in interviews and is kind of quiet so he's not that interesting as a person, that also doesn't help.
>>
>>72125068
In no order
> Just might be
>Dream
>Webbie
>>
>>72125068
1. Just Might Be
With That and Webbie are particular favorites also. Lifestyle too if youre counting the rich gang material

>>72125151
he honestly sounds more like kate bush circa hounds of love than rihanna on this track. fucking mental
>>
>>72125068
SS1-Overdosin or Again
SS2-Flaws
SS3-Drippin
B6-Halftime
Jeffery-Future Swag
>>
>>72125068
2 Cups
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.