[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is some music with references to psychoanalytic theory and/or

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: 1483737034550.jpg (205KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1483737034550.jpg
205KB, 1920x1080px
What is some music with references to psychoanalytic theory and/or christian mythology?
In other words: what is the Neon Genesis Evangelion of music?
>>
>>72121772
pure comedy
>>
>>72121772
The Ark Work
>>
>>72121772
>>>/tinymixtapes/
>>
>>72121772
Pentastar: In the Style of Demons
>>
File: Ulver_blood_inside.jpg (49KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Ulver_blood_inside.jpg
49KB, 500x500px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuMHXJczmVA
>>
>>72121772
american drift, angel's rig hook
>>
Stop overintelectualizing this shit cartoon
>>
>>72121772

Fear of Men - Loom
>>
lil peep
>>
File: 2deep4u.jpg (118KB, 432x600px) Image search: [Google]
2deep4u.jpg
118KB, 432x600px
>>72122085
>>
>>72121772
the religious symbolism in NGE was meaningless.
>>
>>72122157
Anno is agnostic, so no, the show carries no religious message, but the
religious references in the show go far deeper than just the superficial symbolism. In short, the whole story is basically a postmodern retelling of the genesis chapter in the bible, hence the title "New Genesis Gospel". imho the show gets more fascinating when you watch it with this in mind.
>>
>>72121772
Current 93 gets heavily into Gnosticism and Christian mysticism. not sure about psychoanalysis but Tibet's probably written about it here or there
>>
>>72122384
It's my favorite show and I don't give a shit, none of it is relevant to the narrative.
>>
>>72122794
I agree, but the symbolic references and story similarities still make up a lot of what makes eva feel so monumental to me. You can't really say none of it is relevant to the narrative either as a lot of the story is basically built on top of this psuedo-christian mythology that Anno has created.
>>
>>72121772
Underoath, Thrice, August Burns Red, As I Lay Dying
>>
>>72122991
>a lot of the story is basically built on top of this psuedo-christian mythology that Anno has created.
The show is just about a select few characters with depression, the setting, Seele, Gendo's plan, none of that shit actually matters.
>>
>>72121772
Art Angels
>>
john maus
>>
>>72123077
The show is mainly about depression and other psychological issues, yes, but It's also about manmade technology being able to dominate and defile the divine and many many other things. Anno purposedly inserted pretty much anything that fascinated him in real life into the show which is why some of it doesn't fit in or make sense. The aesthetical complexity of the show is so dense avid fans are still finding new interpretations of things to this day. You don't have to know any of these interpretations to understand the story, but many aspects of the show will gain a whole new meaning if you want them to.
>>
>>72121772
Please don't compare chinese cartoons to Art.
>>
>>72121772
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.