[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>The King of Limbs is a 6/10 >The King of Limbs Live from

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: ftb-300x262.jpg (16KB, 300x262px)
ftb-300x262.jpg
16KB, 300x262px
>The King of Limbs is a 6/10

>The King of Limbs Live from the Basement is a 10/10

How can this be possible?
>>
>>72110466
Maybe you can't hear OP? The rhythms are just slower in the Basement versions, but Bloom is FAR superior live
>>
>>72110466
>How can this be possible?
You have to have no ears
>>
overproduction and lack of dynamics
>>
>>72110639
>>72110619
I don't think you guys understand me, i think the live one is 10/10, i just don't know how it is possible, imo it's much more easy to listen and far less reliable on electronics.
>>
>>72110466
>6/10
pleb
>>
>>72110686
It's possible because the core songs are still fantastic alt-rock songs, they just filtered them through a bunch of different styles to make them more interesting for the record. The live versions force them to play it as a traditional band so you hear more of the underlying skeleton of the songs.

It's exactly the same thing they've done since Kid A. They strip down National Anthem and How To Disappear Completely for the live versions too. I dunno why TKOL is the one everyone singles out

Also I feel like the people who say the Basement version is better only listened to the first three songs. Literally the only tracks that sound better on the live recording are Bloom and Feral (MAYBE Separator but those two aren't that different anyway) and the entire album flows way better with the original tracklist
>>
>>72111737
>people who say the Basement version is better only listened to the first three songs. Literally the only tracks that sound better on the live recording are Bloom and Feral

Nope, all of them sound better live EXCEPT for Lotus Flower.

They just cut to the basics, very good performance and none of that blip blop electronic bullshit.
>>
>>72111737
I actually think later live versions blow most of the basement TKOL songs out of the water. Lotus Flower from the basement sounds weak but I've heard a few really great performances of it afterwards. The only ones I prefer from the basement are the ones you mentioned and Codex because of the horns.
>>
>>72111823
Absolutely not. Lotus Flower isn't even the worst offender, the vocal looping on Give Up The Ghost sounds absolutely atrocious in the Basement version.

The "blip blop electronic bullshit" is exactly what makes The King of Limbs such a great album. People only love the Basement version so much because we have TKOL to compare it to, if it was released on its own people would shit on it for sounding too much like things they've done before

>>72111873
The later live versions of just about everything blow their earlier counterparts out of the water. See also: Idioteque.

For a band that leans pretty heavily on electronic details and studio tricks I'm always pretty amazed at the live show they put on. When I saw them the only two songs that I felt didn't do the originals justice were Present Tense and Bodysnatchers, and most of the live versions of Bodysnatchers I've heard were pretty insane anyway.
>>
>>72112210
Come on, Basement Give Up The Ghost is good, but i agree that the studio version is better, but Lotus Flower is impossible to enjoy.
>>
>>72112417
Lotus Flower is such a great song to begin with that it's hard for me to hate any version of it. Plus I like the ending a lot.

I can agree that it's worse than Give Up The Ghost, though. That one at least redeems itself later in the song with the vocal harmonies.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.