[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw this board is infested by nu-males who unironically think

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

File: 656785876587.png (1013KB, 1366x768px)
656785876587.png
1013KB, 1366x768px
>tfw this board is infested by nu-males who unironically think the new Fleet Foxes will progressive and game-changing

Oh it'll be good, but not Pure Comedy good.
>>
>>72110154
I'm done with tony
He has lost his mind.
Giving joey bada$$ a strong 8 and then this.
I'm sorry bro but deep cuts will soon become number 1 and you will fade away into obscurity
>>
>>72110176
won't we all
>>
Smoochie is so underrated
>>
I'm glad musicians are starting to take a stand against the neo-nazi shit-facing that is ruining america right now.
>>
>>72110562
careful there, /pol/ can get triggered by anything, even a 3 minute kendrick lamar track
>>
I wanted to like Pure Comedy, after the first 4 or so tracks the album seemed like it was heading into GOAT territory but then the rest of the album was just drawn out, minimalistic and boring.

Call me a pleb but albums need more diversity, you can't have nearly every track being this 10 minute attempted epic tear-jerkers. It's obvious from this album that Father John Misty is in love with his voice/himself and just wants to flaunt it.

The track about /pol/ and general cuck politics sprinkled throughout is just the cherry on top, it's not so distracting that I'm going to delete the track from the album like Andrew Jackson Jihad's American Tune.
>>
>>72111178
what song is about /pol/?
>>
>>72111356
title track
>>
I first joined the metal community in high school after I realized all of my favorite bands were metal bands. At first it was just a bunch of fun and underage drinking, now nearly a decade on I'm scared to quit. When I was first initiated and Stan Morgan took me under his arm and we made love to Behemoth albums in the candlelight, the world seemed beyond repair and I welcomed total global annihilation vis a vis blast beats and meat and potatoes riffs. Now, after realizing that the holocaust really did happen, and anthropogenic global warming really is real, I find myself hungry for the nice things in life and love women now. I'm scared if I cut my hair and start listening to Modest Mouse more like I want to, Stan will take to social media and discredit my character, which could kill my career at Wells Fargo where they think all I do is listen to Modest Mouse and have sex with our boss Amanda, which is true. What do?
>>
>>72111383
You're retarded if you think that's about /pol/. Over half the lyrics have nothing remotely to do with /pol/
>>
>>72110176
deep_cuts has the charisma of a tennis shoe
>>
File: 1491246769685.jpg (177KB, 960x955px) Image search: [Google]
1491246769685.jpg
177KB, 960x955px
>>72110176
He gets so wrapped up in politics that he is starting to ignore music. Not to mention he reviews some dumb fucking shit just to keep the money coming in. Oh well, commerce over art is the American way I suppose (even though reviewing isn't art, and is rather low)
>>
The worst part is people here will start posting that album again, pretending it's good. It's one of the worst albums of the decade, Jesus fuck.
>>
I actually have pretty low expectations for the new Fleet Foxes album. I already think Helplessness Blues is overrated and I wasn't impressed with the singles released so far.
>>
>>72110562
Yes, I myself has noticed many more neo-nazis and hate crimes, it's basically mainstream now!

Everyone ITT should donate to the JDL now
>>
>>72111526
Fantano does too desu

Fantano's not even that great of a reviewer, 90% of the time he gives a background of the artist, a vague description of how the songs sound and then gives it a score, seldom discussing how the lyrics and music work together or how something works conceptually/structurally.
>>
>>72111535
are you talking about Fantano or deep_cuts in this comment?
>>
>>72111676
Tony. At least deep cuts only talks about the music (so far)
>>
>>72111742
yeah I was in doubt if I should check him out from the comment, so now I'm listening to the shoegaze guide. Seems pretty good
>>
>>72110154
actually i think nu-males would prefer FJM because his ironic """"""snarky and clever"""""" persona while fleet foxes make sincere music
>>
I re listened to this after watching the fantano review.

HOLY FUCK ITS SO GOOD.

Not sure why it didn't click for me on the first listen but it really grew on me HARD. The songs are just really well crafted and it all grew on me really well. That experimental section in 'The Memo' might go down as the best moment in Father John Misty's (Josh Tillmans) Music. I suggest all you guys who didn't like it re listen to some of the songs (Pure Comedy, Total Entertainment, Two Wildly Different Perspectives, and the last song). It really is worth another listen and hopefully you guys will learn to love it as much as me and fantano and stop blindly hating it just cause you think the writer is "annoying hipster bullshit".
>>
>>72111822
top kek
>>
>>72111822
is this bait
>>
>>72111788
I mean, watch his Life of Pablo review, it's 20x more interesting than anything Fandango had to say about it because he had to stick to his "im not a sheep, I don't like Kanye" and then his punk ass releases a "Kanye worst to best" video. Fuuuuck he does anything for views
>>
>>72111789
>music
>sincere
Retard
>>
>>72111578
better than the blatantly retarded pandering to sensitive pussies that deep cuts does
>>
>>72112102
what did he mean by this?
>>
>>72110176
>deep cuts will soon become number 1
Oh hi there Oliver, good to see you're still on this board
>>
>>72110176
deep cuts respects his audience too much to over explain the background behind an artist and throw memes in to keep the viewer entertained. he'll never get past 100k with that kind of attitude. honestly thats fine with me though
>>
>>72110531
my dude
>>
>>72114480
>>72110531
My smoochers
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.