[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why everyone talks so much about Kendrick Lamar and Danny Brown

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: a1191881690_10.jpg (339KB, 897x897px) Image search: [Google]
a1191881690_10.jpg
339KB, 897x897px
Why everyone talks so much about Kendrick Lamar and Danny Brown when this is clearly the best hip hop album of the decade?
>>
>made by a white person

Sorry but no
>>
But people do talks about lil ugly mane. At least it was in here.
>>
Because memphis revival isn't culturally relevant to most people, and subjective opinions of quality are most based around what people identify with most.

>>72104583
Probably has a point too, in that hip-hop is perceived as "black" music and there is always societal backlash against white hip-hop artists.
>>
>>72104578
>Why everyone talks so much about Kendrick Lamar and Danny Brown when this is clearly the best hip hop album of the decade?

its an memphis rap revival album done really well. but hip hop doesn't really praise any kind of revivalist albums. its an genre all about moving forward and mti isn't that.
also kendrick is commenting on social issues that reflect on society. and danny raps about his life while experimenting with uncommon hip hop beats/samples.

MTI is all based on fiction on things LUM wishes he could do.
if you watch his recent interview LUM talks about more about EMO bands he used to fuck with than hip hop.

i love mti but again its not album of the decade
>>
>>72104618
do you seriously think kendrick lamar's music is good because he is "commenting on social issues that reflect on society"?
>>
>>72104655
im responding to OP's question of why everyone talks about kenny and danny brown instead of LUM

if you're asking my opinion i don't think all 3 are worth the discussion of best artist of this decade.
>>
>>72104578
>everyone

not ppl w/ taste
>>
Am I part of the minority who think Oblivion Access/Flick Your Tongue Vol 1 have been better than anything previous?
Don't get me wrong I feel like his gangster rap skills were pretty astounding and he definitely did it better than most, but I feel like when he does his songs involving noise and more macabre themes than just being gangster, it feels more true to the vein of Travis Miller and the music he wants to put out. I never really felt the pain of a rap song before like I have with most of the more "vocal" songs on Bedwetter or Collapse & Appear off of Oblivion Access.
I just hope we get more content like this.
>>
>>72104682
Fair enough. Honestly I'm just sick of hearing about Kendrick's "social commentary", which I think is complete bullshit.

I agree MTI probably isn't hip-hop album of the decade, but Uneven Compromise absolutely is hip-hop release of the decade.
>>
>>72104742
Flick Your Tongue is amazing, better than anything bar Uneven Compromise. I don't think Oblivion Access worked as well however, still a solid release.
>>
>>72104747
Uneven compromise is just like two songs and the first song is just horrorcore. Like I love Uneven Compromise but what the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>72104795
Really? One reason I loved it is because he took noise and made it sound good in the context of hip-hop without giving it an industrial esque sound, or - I guess to give some context - without sounding like Dalek or Death Grips.
Plus I feel like Oblivion Access, it was super hard to tell where Travis was rapping or Lil Ugly Mane was.
>>
>>72104742
I am genuinely excited to hear all of the work under the Bedwetter name, easily some of the best tracks i've heard. Just wish he had put Selfish on the album.
>>
>>72104578
i love this album but lets be real its absolutely not as consistent as atrocity exhibition or either of the last two kendrick albums
>>
>>72104655
thats absolutely one big reason why he is good. obviously not just the fact that he comments on those issues but the talent he was in incorporating them within his music.
>>
>>72104613
Unless his name is Eminem?
>>
because fantano and pitchfork never reviewed it
>>
>>72104747
>Kendrick's "social commentary", which I think is complete bullshit.
What do you mean by this out of curiosity
>>
>>72104742
I fucking love Oblivion Access tho death my dude.
Favs songs?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.