[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

this is literally some asshole winking into the camera breaking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

this is literally some asshole winking into the camera breaking the 4th wall for 74 minutes and calling it art. its like he knows his audience is full of idiots so he has to remind them how self-aware he is.

out of all the celebrities, he could have picked, he uses Kanye west golden girl Taylor swift. Just so the media can report on it and then he "apologize" to let them know that's not what he meant.

Not Good
>>
File: charlie.jpg (94KB, 878x711px) Image search: [Google]
charlie.jpg
94KB, 878x711px
>singer songwriter albums are famed for their intimacy, like the artist is singing to you

>some asshole winking into the camera breaking the 4th wall
>>
>>72102066
>reading comprehension
>the city of you
>>
>>72101972
>>72102066
>breaking the 4th wall
what does that mean?
>>
>>72101972
>Speaking to the audience is breaking the 4th wall
>In any medium
>Even in non-fiction
Oh boy I hope I don't break the 4th wall too much next time I directly address my mom in a message to her.
Guess he had a point on entertainment.
>>
i like it, it may seem like his lyrics are pretentious and 'muh open your eyes people' but they address some interesting themes that aren't really addressed in music that often.
>>
>>72102126
>reading comprehension
>the city of you
>>
>>72101972
>Literally
No, you a dumbass
>>
>>72102126
where did you find the implication that breaking the fourth wall is inherently bad
>>
>>72102163
I didn't, it was merely a joke on improperly using the expression
>>
>>72102189
oh my mistke
>>
>>72102189
>>72102195
pure comedy
>>
>>72102144
>address some interesting themes that aren't really addressed in music that often.
Some people are so hung up on "ur not as smart as u want asshole!" that they ignore this entirely.
Even the most respected artists sing about such tired subjects, and here this album is actually branching out (not implying it's totally original) and they shit on it as if everyone is covering these things in music. Whether or not you think it worked is another issue, but to be taking on these subjects is commendable. And anyone with a shred of honesty knows it's not just "religion sucks, people suck", so please don't do that laughable oversimplification.
>>
>>72102235
nope im fully aware hes doing that and it still isn't good. If you wanna give free points because talking about unpopular subjects good on you!
>>
Local Business by Titus Andronicus is a much better album on similar themes, done with more humour and less pretension and more PUNK RAWK
>>
>>72102126
this. op is legit retarded and doesn't know what breaking the 4th wall means
>>
>>72102512
But what of the classic contest? Content vs. Context
They have a fight – Context wins! Con men contact content’s next of kin
Saying, “I’m looking for yr least feminine lesbian
We’re gonna pump her so full of bovine estrogen
She won’t be masculine, I’m high on mescalin
But no one knows ’cause I shit on some Mexicans”

album is underrated as fuck
>>
>>72104232
pottery
>>
>reads DFW once
>>
>>72104328
I didn't have a problem with Father John Douchebag until he turned >muh post-modernism into a meme, and by default dfw is now a meme associated with this bland indie twat movement that has such little substance. Reminder that every work published by Wallace is several leagues above any art that J. Tillman has ever, and will ever, release
>>
can you post a dl link? i've heard a lot about this guy but never actually listened to a minute of anything he's done
>>
>>72104405
Listen to him chronologically.

Fear Fun, then ILYH. Then this if you want.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_yUMED9IG0
>>
>>72104443
will do, thanks buddy
>>
>>72104405
>>72104443
and by 'this', i meant Pure Comedy, not my youtube link. The link is his first song on his first album using the name FJM.
>>
>>72104405
ILYH is his best imo
>>
>>72104443
*listens to beck once*
>>
>>72104637
You either don't know what Beck sounds like or don't know what FJM sounds like
>>
>>72104637
Except that doesn't sound like Beck...

You guys are more inaccurate with these "listens once" things by the day.
>>
>>72104657
>>72104667

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6zAT15vaFk
>>
>>72104702
>You either don't know what Beck sounds like or don't know what FJM sounds like
>>
>>72104702
Thanks for proving it doesn't sound like Beck with an example.
>>
>>72104736
i know exactly what fjm sounds like
pic related
>>72104745
fjm himself told me he ripped off that song when i saw him live
>>
>>72104759
Sure he did
>>
>>72104777
im seeing him soon again with weyes. i'll get it on camera to own your punk ass buddy.
>>
>>72104796
I can't wait for this. I'm seeing him with Weyes too, so I'll see if I can get him to admit ripping anything else off.
>>
I love the record personally, but you have to admit a lot of it is arranged similar to Beck's "Sea Change". Look at "A Bigger Paper Bag" as an example.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.