[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can someone please explain me why you guys love Death Grips so

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 1

Can someone please explain me why you guys love Death Grips so much? What is about them that makes them genius? I really tried to understand it, but I can't. They sound like a complete, random garbage to me. Maybe I'm too much of a normie...
>>
It's a meme. Nobody actually likes Death Grips. It's like the Boku no Pico of /mu/.
>>
Half of the people genuinely like them, the other half is avant teens who feel the need to differentiate themselves from their peers.
>>
>>72101408
nice falceflagging
you really made the haters look stupid
>>
> avant teens

kek there's no limit to the bullshit on this board
>>
poppy fusion of hip-hop, punk, and industrial with a digital backdrop

>>72101446
This, also
>>
>>72101408
There's definitely a listening curve of sorts with death grips, initially I thought they were shit, I tried again and just thought they were a bit of a meme, but as I listened to them more they grew on me. I guess the aggression and abrasiveness is appealing to me, they also have some really tight production.
>>
>>72101444
>>72101408
implying that Death Grips' deal isn't making an accessible sound out of not-so-accessible elements (black guy shouting, weird synths)
>>
>>72101454
avant-teen has been a thing on this board for years.

death grips isn't avant-teen though.
>>
>>72101484
the point is it's not that accessible, especially in terms of the musical sensibilities of the general public
>>
>Can someone please explain me why you guys love Death Grips so much?

Good for you there's an one hour, thirty minute video just for this question.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ni258ri7U3o
>>
>>72101484
Accessible is a relative term. The average normie who listens to top 40 shit is gonna hate death grips.
>>
>>72101408
Yup
>>
>>72101484

Show anyone you know any song on NOTM and they'll think you're fucked in the head for listening to that.
>>
>>72101760
okay, but what i'm saying is they make tracks structured like regular pop songs
>>
>>72101423
Boku no pico is pretty hot
>>
>>72101849
nigger you're not cooler for thinking death grips is accessible.

stop that cringe shit.
>>
>>72101849

Examples? I can only think of a few conventionally structured songs off of Exmilitary, TMS and NLDW that are pretty straight forward and even catchy. They're still very experimental when it comes to their production style, vocal performances and lyrics.
>>
>>72101881
>verse chorus verse chorus
>missing the point this hard
>>
>>72101913
no you're not getting the point. you're either intentionally or unintentionally assuming this out-of-touch disposition where death grips is accessible to teens, especially those impressionable and immature enough to think the music they listen to makes them superior to others

maybe have some perspective outside of this board and youll understand what im saying.
>>
>>72101408
Take a moment. Realize whats going on and try again. Make sure you're beginning chronologically.

I know everyone says start with TMS, but that's bullshit. Ex-Military is THE introductory album. I fucking HATED it at first and I was shitposting on /mu/ trying to justify my blind rage against this 'shit'. Then it just kinda hits me, and Im seeing whats going on and I find myself being attracted to it genuinely and then the rabbit hole begins.
>>
>>72101941
autism? I haven't mentioned teens at all. I meant that they are making noisy stuff in accessibly structured way (conventional song structure - even stuff like Billy Not Really is arranged like a conventional pop song would).
You are making shit up because you have this stupid ass point to make, which has been made many times before and I'm aware of it, by the way

>>72101909
yes
>>
>>72102179
nigger, you literally replied to a post citing teens and used the "implying" green text

so you're just being intellectually dishonest or you're retarded and do not understand how the whole "implying" green text works, i'm guessing it's a little of both
>>
>>72101855
Only Pico x Chico.
>>
>>72102219
nice reading comprehension 'nigga'. i don't think i should be explaining this but the post that mentions 'avant teens' doesn't say anything about actual teens, it's just what /mu/ says about anyone who listens to anything that's regarded as 'unlistenable' (the 'teen' part serves 2 functions - as an insult and implies that you're immature if you seriously force yourself to listen to that 'stuff'. actually that sounds like just a part of the insult function. whatever dude. i don't think there's anything more to be said. i know what point you're making and you know mine
>>
>>72102338
fair enough, i think i took avant teen too literally this time because the guy mentioned "peers"

my original point still stands though, death grips is passable as "avant teen" shit and pretending otherwise is a tad pretentious
>>
>>72101408
>>72101423
>>72101444
If u can't get into DG, u need to go back to reeddit
>>
>>72102439
I'd put Death Grup at 'hipster shit' rather than avant-teen. The latter is for people who force themselves to listen to beefheart or other even more far gone stuff
>>
>>72101408
listen w/ good headphones 2 these
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWR0-s30WsY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdEK8ghRBIo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cinJDxLUsNY

embrace it btw and try to just go with the music instead of keeping up walls (idk how to phrase that) in ur mind.
>>
>>72101760
niggas on the moon is fucking insane and what got me into dg. somehow black quarterback and billy not really are really danceable to me lol.
>>
>>72102179
I'm not part of this whole argument, but are you sure Billy Not Really has a conventional pop song structure?

it's

A-B-C-B-C-D-E
>>
>>72103418
i don't know what you mean by the latters but yeah it's not how i thought it is haha
>>
>>72101454
>avant-teens
>death grips
Pick one
>>
their music is fun to listen to
>>
>>72101408
you need a sertin level of intelligent two listen too Death Grips
>>
Did you listen to Exmilitary? It's their only good "album".
>>
Does it go?
>>
>>72103157
No Voila.

:(
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.