[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

the lyrics are retarded, the songs are overly simple, the drums

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

the lyrics are retarded, the songs are overly simple, the drums are hiphop, the bass is a joke

why is this record so fun to listen to?
>>
(here's a) you
>>
File: 1469271349645.jpg (43KB, 493x449px) Image search: [Google]
1469271349645.jpg
43KB, 493x449px
>>72099456
>>
>>72099456
if you were a british kid growing up in the late 90s/ early 2000s it's great to listen to just because of how much you can relate. that and its catchiness are the main reasons i guess
>>
>>72099480
>>72099487
>bandwagoning shit music just because everyone else does

sheeo
>>
>>72099456
I fucking hate his voice
>>
>lyrics are retarded
t. kissless virgin or non-brit
they perfectly encapsulate young british lad culture
>>
>>72099526
Yeah this, if I ever moved out of the U.K. this would be the album I listen to to remind me of it.
>>
Probably my favourite 00's album. Classic. OP is correct, it's just so much fun.

Never cared much for the albums after Favourite Worst Nightmare though.
>>
>>72099456
i actually like arctic monkeys, catchy britpop tunes about mundane everyday shit. Not meant to be deep
>>
>>72100666
>666
the devil likes arctic monkeys who knew
>>
File: christgau1med.jpg (18KB, 400x266px) Image search: [Google]
christgau1med.jpg
18KB, 400x266px
>>72099456
Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not [Domino, 2006]
The great thing about this album is how untranscendent it is, as if these lads know the guitar-band pleasures are cons. Sing-along tunes? Breakneck momentum? Next-big-thing ambition? Saturday-night swindles every one. Instead Alex Turner and crew evoke club life as it is actually experienced. They sound like not knowing the doorman, like moving on a girl you think isn't pretty enough, like missing the bus in a leather jacket that doesn't keep out the cold. Many details are too U.K.-specific for Yank-yob gratification. But aesthetes will come to enjoy Turner's nuanced adenoids and his bandmates' thought-through arrangements. A-
>>
>>72099456
This album is great for the same reasons as Original Pirate Material by The Streets. It perfectly captures the British lad culture while also sounding great.
>>
>arctic
>monkeys

Pick one, monkeys don't live in the arctic region.
>>
>>72099456
It's the UK's attempt at emo, and its pretty fun
>>
>>72100423
Humbug is good

Suck it and see is pretty weak but has a few gems on it

AM is okay but like another band
>>
File: 8d0.jpg (55KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
8d0.jpg
55KB, 500x500px
>the drums are hiphop
>>
>>72100762
>it's great because it sounds great
I see
>>
One of my favourite albums. Probably favourite band alongside Rammstein.
It's catchy and they MADE it themselves, give them a break.
If you'd talk about the commercial pop/hiphop artists(who aren't nothing without a team that handles lyrics and the music) then I'd agree with their "simplicity" and "retarded-ness".
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.