[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /mu/ first time poster, first time reader. I have rarely visited

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

File: 1369610680846.png (29KB, 188x219px) Image search: [Google]
1369610680846.png
29KB, 188x219px
Hi /mu/ first time poster, first time reader. I have rarely visited this board and let me tell you why.

I don't like music. I mean like, real music. And I don't know why. Sometimes a movie or game soundtrack strikes my fancy, but not for long, and sitting, waiting, walking, driving, i just simply prefer to do it all in silence. I'll try to listen to stuff, but I either don't like it, or I can't be bothered to actually turn it on and give it a chance. And I can't explain it.

It's made me feel weird, like an outcast. My friends talk about it and i just sit there, at a loss, not knowing how to contribute to the conversation. I've lost dates because of it, because they eventually find out I don't have a favorite genre and I can't blame them for finding it weird.

And it's not just a social thing, I feel like I'm missing out on a whole piece of human creativity and culture. I'm missing something I could be really be a big fan of right now.

It's like most people had this awakening when they were teenagers and grouped themselves with what they liked to best. Hell sometimes it has enough influence to change a person's life style. And yet I sat there, wondering what the big deal was

So I'm wondering, what music gave you your interest in music? what would you suggest for a turbo autist such as me?

have a nice day and thank you for the (you)s
>>
File: 1469648818640.jpg (45KB, 392x500px) Image search: [Google]
1469648818640.jpg
45KB, 392x500px
>>72094671
>>
>>72094781
this
>>
Not liking music is more patrician than liking music so you did good anon.
>>
>>72094671
Blogpost aside, what really sparked my delving deeper into music was classic rock radio, they'd play some artist I didn't know about and I'd usually always want to hear more. I was a strictly only classic rock listener until I came to /mu/ actually. Now I'm a somewhat pretentious hipster, not sure what's worse tbqh
>>
File: 1451379874420.gif (1MB, 477x252px) Image search: [Google]
1451379874420.gif
1MB, 477x252px
>>
>>72094671
>So I'm wondering, what music gave you your interest in music?
desu it was U2 when i was a wee lad in the early 90s
>>
>>72094671
I cant believe I read that
1) i'd say theres decent amount of people who dont care for music -its not the end of the world
2) re: dates - tell em you never found a track you really cared, but maybe they can show you something, or explain the logic behind why they like certain songs/genres/albums
3) music isn't the only creative thing and I'd wager most everyone is missing on some piece of human creativity

Answer 2 Qs;
1) pachelbel canon played during silent reading in 4th grade - before that it was just like am 710 radio disney shit - and honestly didnt really dig into it until college years
2) i dunno what are things you fancied and why did you fancy them
>>
Stop trying to force yourself to enjoy something, it's not gonna work. If you've seriously been trying to find music that you'll like and not just dicking around on radio stations chances are you just don't like music. It's fine, normal even, just like how some people don't enjoy theatre or visual art. Either way I'm still gonna give you some band recommendations.

Gorillaz (mix a lot of different styles and genres so you might find something there)
Leonard Cohen (sounds like he got punched in the throat by a pack of cigarettes but beautiful lyrics)
Kate Bush (everyone's cool wife)
Sufjan Stevens (little man who loves the Lord, other men, and crying)
Mort Garson (you said you like soundtracks? his album Plantasia is basically that)
Current 93 (creep)
The Cure (original kind of sort of goths)
Bauhaus (original probably goths)
Chance The Rapper (just good)

Go fuck yourself something good.
>>
>>72094910
ah yes, the lads from liverpool
>>
>>72095300
maybe before posting, could you try turning off the fucking dark?!
>>
>>72095002
>Current 93
>Bauhaus
jesus fucking christ
OP just post the closest thing to a favorite song you have and we'll give you recs from there
>>
>>72095385
seconding
what's the most enjoyable music you've personally heard?
>>
>>72094671
>don't enjoy music
Listen to lowercase or harsh noise, that'll give you something to not enjoy
>>
>>72096124
>not enjoying harsh noise or lowercase
pleb
>>
>>72096161
>enjoying music
Pleb
>>
>>72094671
don't feel bad dude. it's like when people aren't into sports. a lot of people are, but some aren't. music is the same.
>>
>>72096203
Music is art sports aren't
>>
I didn't even start listening to music until my freshman year of hs. And even then I didn't care to explore much as I exclusively listened to shitty dad rock. I'd find like songs I'd like sometimes but that was really it. It wasn't until freshman year of college that I started to actually get an interest in exploring music. I listened to In the Aeroplane bc my friend was just playing it on his speaker and after listening to that exclusively for 2 months, I decided to branch out by listening to at least an album everyday
>>
>>72094671
bohemian rhapsody and the halo soundtrack were what got me into music originally. Queen in general was a band that I was really into when I first got into music
>>
>>72096218
'ok'
>>
>>72096166
jokes on you
neither of them is real music
>>
>>72096218
Why not?
>>
>>72094671
If you're not moved by this, then I can't help you anon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFGcZQuqOI4

Make sure you set it to 2x speed.
>>
>>72094817
This
>>
>>72095000
>>
>>72094910
Also U2 but around '05.
>>
Hey Nabokov I
>>
File: 1486911864788.png (79KB, 497x511px) Image search: [Google]
1486911864788.png
79KB, 497x511px
>>72096218
t. nu male
>>
File: breaking-news.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
breaking-news.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>op abandons thread
>bait succeeded
>>
>>72094671
I just always liked it as far back as I can remember. Used to play my mum's CD's and cassettes and dance around the kitchen. Once I got a computer and a decent internet connection I became absolutely obsessed with finding new cool music
>>
>>72094671
>So I'm wondering, what music gave you your interest in music?
Listening to music is something I've always taken for granted. On the other hand I have no interest in talking about it with others or listening to it with others and I don't care what anyone else listens to.

If you like soundtrack music then just listen to that. I listen to soundtrack music all the time. Anime has a lot of high quality stuff. You might be able to branch out through soundtrack music, for example into jazz or maybe even classical. Maybe you just don't like music with vocals.
>>
>>72099650
>sports are art
>>
>>72095376
Hey Spidey, how about you turn off the fuckin' dark over here!
>>
>>72094671
once had a russian friend who just didn't like music. i'd link him stuff sometimes and he'd tell me he wasn't interested. the first time he really told me straight out he didn't listen to music, i didn't believe him. i thought he just meant he doesn't like a lot of music, turns out he really meant it he listens to _no music_. like nothing, doesn't turn his radio on in his car, doesn't watch tv and doesn't have any interest in pursuing the activity of listening to music whatsoever. he said the only thing he ever occasionally listens to is the soviet anthem. he'd actually mute the audio on shit i linked if it contained music.

he was a pretty fucking boring dude. had like almost no sense of humor from what i recall; if i made a joke and he didn't know how to react he'd change the subject, and i had to force myself to type really proper english and keep my thoughts brief for him to understand me, but i still liked to talk with him. just to reassure you those types exist, you're one of them, you're not retarded even the rest of us think you are but it really doesn't matter.

that guy's living the dream in japan with a hot azn waifu working as an interpreter for major companies like toyota now btw
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.