[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's settle this once and for all, /mu/. Which band

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4

File: beatvsbboys1-0711.jpg (330KB, 504x504px) Image search: [Google]
beatvsbboys1-0711.jpg
330KB, 504x504px
Let's settle this once and for all, /mu/.

Which band was truly better?
>>
The Kinks.
>>
>>72086858
Beach Boys in my opinion
>>
The Beach Boys in my opinion
>>
BBs only have one really good album whilst Beatles have several
>>
Beach Boys had the better masterpiece album, but the Beatles were more consistent.
>>
Beach Boys
>>
>>72086858
The Beatles. It's really not even close.
>>
>>72086858
whatever band made revolver
>>
>>
>>
>>
File: SunflowerCover.jpg (19KB, 220x220px) Image search: [Google]
SunflowerCover.jpg
19KB, 220x220px
>>72086936
This sums it up for me. I also think Sunflower should be held in higher regard than it is, even though many people will agree it's one of BBs best. I mean for me it's easily as good as Abbey Road. Could swear Brian invented a time machine just to make ''All I Wanna Do''.
>>
>>
>>72086858
Beatles had a better discography but the good Beach Boys albums are best than anything Beatles did.
>>
>>
The Byrds
>>
The Be
>>
Beatles are a much much much much better band, but the beach boys have made better music
>>
>>72086858
The Bea
>>
>>72086858
Brian Wilson > The Beatles > the rest of the Beach Boys
>>
>>72087638
that song is so much better slowed down, listen to this https://clyp.it/yaub5zre
>>
File: Marisa is confused.png (583KB, 800x900px) Image search: [Google]
Marisa is confused.png
583KB, 800x900px
>>72086858
>Buigraphies.
>>
Beach boys

not even a competition. Brian's compositions and vocal harmonies are far more complex and beautiful than anything the beatles ever did
>>
>>72088267
underrated
>>
>>72086919
>today!
>smile

clearly you haven't listened past pet sounds...
>>
sunflower is so sugary and sweet <3
>>
is pet sounds better in mono or stereo?
>>
>>72089001
Mono, just like the Beatles discography
>>
>>72086858
the best beach boys albums are better than the best beatles albums but the worst beatles albums are WAY better than the worst beach boys albums

beatles have a far better overall discography, so im gonna go with the beatles
>>
>>72088267
>the beastie boys
>>
beatles, but there are much better bands from the 60s, like the jimi hendrix experience and the doors
>>
>>72089228
just fucking fuck off already I hate you fucking underage meme weedkids who ironically have depression and think you're special
>>
WEll idk. Let's see what happened. In the beach boys most of them got ultra-depressed, one of them drowned while he was drunk as a skunk, and then the remaining memebers are Mike Love and Bruce Johnston. By 1966 most members were either obese, bald, or named "Dennis."

In the beatles they fucked lots of really hot models, and were friends with a lot of people. Paul McCartney continues to make good music and John Lennon beat his wife and totally got away with it.

If you ask a kid who the Beatles are they probably know. If you ask a kid who the Beach Boys are they're probably going to be like "I'm not your beach boy, please get away from me."
>>
>>72086858
I really don't know, i think the beatles had an insanely massive cultural impact that no other band has matched. But i still I'd say The Beach Boys in my opinion.
>>
>>72089802
Well since you've put it like that...
>>
>>72088750
SMiLE doesn't really exist fag.
>>
>>72086858
Although I really enjoy The Beach Boys too, I think the Beatles are better, by a landslide.
>>
>implying the bitch boys ever wrote a song as good as For No One
>>
>>72086865
fpbp
>>
>>72086858
They're both basic bitch pop.
>>
>>72087638
Listening to that song always blows my mind. It was recorded in 1969!
>>
easily the beatles

most comprehensive and diverse musical repertoire with numerous instant classic songs, and all within about 5 years ('64-'69), influenced countless other great bands/musicians
>>
>>72091007
the fact that this isn't just commonly accepted on this board speaks to the incredible level of contrarian autism displayed by /mu/ posters
>>
>>72090966
I know right. I wish we had the version with the sitar too, imagine that!
>>
File: 1477633252735.jpg (95KB, 424x662px) Image search: [Google]
1477633252735.jpg
95KB, 424x662px
>>72091022
If the Beatles are so great, then why am I right here smashing John Lennon's guitar without any consequences?
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.