[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My uncle was apart of the hippie scene in the 60s in London and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

My uncle was apart of the hippie scene in the 60s in London and got pissed last night and gave me a few tidbits to share
>Syd Barrett was not only crazy but also a prick, treated whatever girl he had on whatever week like shit, he remember seeing slap a girl on more than one occasion
>He swears he saw Nick Drake in some random cafe in 1970 and said it was unbearably awkward but still thought Nick was talented
>He hung around with Marc Bolan when he was in the psych-folk phase and said that he was a lovely guy, remembered him being weird as hell but still nice
>His best mate was in an early incarnation of Comus and filled in on tours for Pentangle
>He always thought Jimi Hendrix was overrated, saying his shows were really sloppy and wanky, his main flaw "couldn't sing"
>He also says on more than one occasion he remembers hearing shouting outside his flat and seeing Syd Barrett riding his bike in a circle, clearly on acid
>>
Yes but what do you think about his music?
>>
Any prove of your statement OP?
>>
>>72062434
Nice.
>>
The first one about Syd is pretty much well documented, he made John Lennon look like a feminist. But he got fucked up by his flatmates, who spiced his coffee with acid daily.
>>
>>72062518
That story of them locking him in the cupboard when he was having a bad trip and them sort of laughing and joking about it is vomit-inducing.
>>
>>72062434
bad boring music made for positive faggots
>>
>>72062434
>He also says on more than one occasion he remembers hearing shouting outside his flat and seeing Syd Barrett riding his bike in a circle, clearly on acid
I'VE GOT A BIKE YOU CAN RIDE IT IF YOU LIKE
>>
>>72062434
>old English lady at the community radio station mentions seeing Soft Machine in the mid 60s
>starts telling me about Pink Floyd and Caravan and all the British prog/psych/blues/jazz musicians playing and her seeing them when she was like 15

tfw you will never see Soft Machine play live
>>
>>72062434
syd confirmed the best?
>>
>>72063229
IT WAS THE 60S! YOU COULD BEAT WOMEN BACK THEN, THEY ENJOYED IT!
>>
>>72063386
they still do. you jus need consent
>>
>>72062434
I thought Nick wasn't really known
>>
>>72062434
Syd was probably just weird, i bet your uncle was a normie of the 60's so thought that syd was a bad person because of the way people treated his schizophrenia
>>
>>72062434
>>He swears he saw Nick Drake in some random cafe in 1970 and said it was unbearably awkward but still thought Nick was talented
why do you find this one a stretch?
>>
>>72062434
>his main flaw "couldn't sing"
how to spot a pleb
hendrix was a great vocalist
>>
came from a good middle class family too. dad was a professor at cambridge. he could have been a good boy and meaningful contributor to society under the healthful strictures of a conservative society but leftist degeneracy turned him into something lower than an animal.

fuck everything about post 40s/50s society
>>
>>72063566
he would've killed himself or died in war if it was the 40/50s
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.