[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So since this album was totally memed I decided to see what the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: crows.jpg (219KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
crows.jpg
219KB, 1200x1200px
So since this album was totally memed I decided to see what the fuzz was about. I went in expecting to hear the ramblings of a melodramatic old man. Oh man was I wrong.

Never before have I felt so connected to an album. This is how music should be made. Not for anyone else but yourself. This is real and unadulterated. Perfect 10.
>>
>>72061004
yeah it's a beautiful album. cynics are never going to be able to appreciate it but i think it's great
>>
>>72061004
>This is how music should be made. Not for anyone else but yourself. This is real and unadulterated.
Well, I agree but I think this is how *this* type of music should be made, not music in general.
>>
>>72061215
Yeah that's probably more what I was meaning. Didn't quite formulate myself too well there.
>>
Most criticism that appears on this site isn't an actual criticism, just anons being edgy sincey they can be, since it's 4chan. I doubt they're for real though. It's just some bad memes there and there.
>>
How come when a white person does this it's real and unadulterated, but when a black person does it, it's targetted by people here for being too political, overly race-focused, and generally criticized for being fake art?
>>
>>72061577
You'd be a lot more convincing if you actually gave a proper example. Generalizations don't do well in discussions.
>>
>>72061577
If you're talking about how some people on this board respond to TPAB (for example), I think it's pretty clear that the people who are edgy about this album are the same edgy racist TPAB critics
>>
ITT: nu-males
>>
This album makes me uncomfortable. I've listened to a lot of albums about death but not one so... journalistic. I guess that's a testament to how good it is, that it would affect me so much is a true example of art, but man I don't want to listen to it again. I probably won't.
>>
>>72062071
For me it's the opposite. It keeps pulling me back in unlike most other albums I've listened to.
>>
>>72061577

when has a black person made an album like this

serious question
>>
>>72062747
I too would like to know this.

>>72061577
I wouldn't say I prefer listening to political music, though. Puts me in a bad mood. It's like Mark Kozelek's Pray for Newtown. It's preachy and really, who wants to be preached to? Doesn't matter if you're black or white.
>>
File: redeemer.jpg (18KB, 319x319px) Image search: [Google]
redeemer.jpg
18KB, 319x319px
>>72062747
>>
File: 4212.jpg (2KB, 69x102px) Image search: [Google]
4212.jpg
2KB, 69x102px
>>72061004
>muh dead wife

About as real as Bon Iver's stupid fucking cabin.

fake as fuck

Straight from '''Hollywood'''
>>
File: 808s_&_Heartbreak.png (63KB, 300x299px) Image search: [Google]
808s_&_Heartbreak.png
63KB, 300x299px
>>72062747
>>
>>72063688
Ye wishes
>>
>>72063610
brutal is one of the most beautiful songs ever made
>>
>>72063688
>>72063610

these albums aren't anything like A Crow Looked At Me...
>>
>>72062747
Neo-MU is cancer, and this is the post that proves it.
>>
>>72061004
breaking up your sentences
in random
places
makes everything
poetry
>>
It is honest, real, unadulterated, and intimate.

But the music itself? Practically no merit to it at all.
>>
>>72064746
are you kidding me? its dean moping about how inga left him with bare minimal instrumentals. hes not even trying to sing good just his bare emotion. just like phil

anyway this board likes to roleplay as the sad misunderstood white male. so no wonder phil gets overly praised.
>>
>>72061004
This album is as sad as an emotional car commercial. The music is literally the same as what you would hear in a family vehicle ad, and the lyrics are bold and cringeworthy at times. This is one of the worst albums I have ever heard, and people who get moved by this shit are simpletons.
>>
>>72066909
i only listen to REAL sad music
>>
>>72066909
>This album is as sad as an emotional car commercial.
Come back to me when it's as sad as a Thai insurance commercial

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBobmn_u98w
>>
The lyrics are so bad I feel embarrassed to listen to it out loud, even though the music is nice

Confessional poetry is the lowest form of art
>>
>>72067045
Not really "confessional" when you spill the beans then and there, but it's subjective nonetheless.
Stop shitposting with the "objective art tiers" meme.
>>
>>72061236
you just sound like a numale
>>
>>72067045
>I brought a chair from home
>I'm leaving it on the hill
>Facing west and north
>And I poured out your ashes on it
>I guess so you can watch the sunset
>But the truth is I don't think of that dust as you

>You are the sunset

Sure it's confessional, but I don't see how you can not see this is as beautiful.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.