[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

when exactly did m83 turn from life changing psychedelic synth

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

when exactly did m83 turn from life changing psychedelic synth bliss to an urban outfitters ad/breakfast club soundtrack? wtf happened? pic related is 10/10 but their new album is a straight up zero
>>
>>72059932
meh. only junk is bad. HUWD is 10/10
>>
>>72059932
When hurry up were dreaming came out, but you could see signs of faltering during Saturdays = youth
>>
File: 61iteYXdRoL[1].jpg (87KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
61iteYXdRoL[1].jpg
87KB, 500x500px
>>72059932
one member left. their other music outside of M83 is also mediocre.

But this is actually the best M83 album. I didn't live through the 80s, I never got to experience 80s music when it was fresh and new, this album gave me the sense of experiencing retro music as if it was new, like I was really part of it and not just experiencing it second hand. There are a lot of "music that sounds like 80s synth pop" from the 2000s that's way better than music from the 80s, i mean just miles better and I'm glad it exists because a lot of 80s music is shit with flashes of obscured brilliance, but this album felt like it could have an entire subculture dedicated to it if it had come out at the right time
>>
It seems like people have pretty much forgotten his old stuff.

Not that all of it was good to begin with.
>>
>>72059932
It started out as a duo, byt after that album it turned into a (mostly) solo project.
>>
>>72059993
faggot
>>
>>72060019

well the first two albums had another member too. I'd say that was the reason they fell off but BTDHU is only a little worse than DCRSLG.

>>72059993

idk, this album felt like such a sellout when it came out. I'll be honest I did dig it a bunch, but like... cmon it's so much less powerful than dead cities and before the dawn. I dont' even feel like I can compare them because it feels like a different band
>>
>>72060087
Dead Cities is slightly above average warpish knobtwiddling, it sounds good but it doesn't mean anything, it's completely vapid music. At least Saturdays = Youth luxuriates in its vapidness. And it sounds really, really nice on headphones.
>>
before the dawn heals us was the last great album they had.. the rest has been pretty meh
>>
>>72060140

i'm not who you're replying to but naw you got it all backwards. Dead Cities should honestly be considered a classic in the psychedelic genre. i'm older now and don't fuck around with psychs anymore but the experiences i've had listening to that album on psychs were ungodly. That shit is so powerful. Saturdays=Youth reduced the depths of their synth patches to shitty 80s soggy buscuit chiliwave retro garbage

>>72060174

fo sho
>>
File: m83 b4.jpg (105KB, 319x319px) Image search: [Google]
m83 b4.jpg
105KB, 319x319px
>>72060174
They peaked at Before the Dawn. Every song was great.
>>
Hurry Up We're Dreaming was their jump to normiedom, even though that's still a good album.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.