[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'd like to make dark ambient, what the fuck should I sample?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: 1488034402453.jpg (395KB, 2048x1436px) Image search: [Google]
1488034402453.jpg
395KB, 2048x1436px
I'd like to make dark ambient, what the fuck should I sample?

could use some help here /mu/

>pic unrelated
>>
Buy a plane ticket and record the cabin noise.
>>
File: 1490844775670.jpg (8KB, 323x241px) Image search: [Google]
1490844775670.jpg
8KB, 323x241px
>>72056469
Palantir http://vocaroo.com/i/s1HJdBQFbxtN
>>
>>72056469
I have something else for you:
http://vocaroo.com/i/s18y3AR5mCae
>>
>>72056469
Das a cool photo dawg
>>
>>72056469
Download PhotoSounder and use your picture
>>
Charles manson
Ted bundy...
maybe some interview with some killer
Albert fish was wrote some nasty letters to the parents of the childerend he kidnapped and ate.

Ummm Philosphers... Alan watts.. terence mckenna quotes....

The pleidian message

Some adolf hittle samples?

Tons of things you could use... BUT ii would suggest just doing your thing... and you'll find the right sample when you are not looking for it.
>>
take any song, slower it, and bring down the pitch, play with this effect for hours to improve
>>
throw a tennis ball against miscellaneous surfaces
>>
record yourself eating runny hamburger helper
>>
The flame lighting on a stove top.
>>
>>72057044
>tfw I have done this
>>
C O N T A C T

M I C
>>
File: 1000741.png (2MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1000741.png
2MB, 2560x1440px
drones. modulate them
rhythmic, "tribal" drumming, mixed into the back; be sure to use unorthodox percussion (bells are a must)
tape loops, use them
for samples, find something obscure that is unsettling not explicitly horrifying or in bad taste
good: heaven's gate tapes
bad: a hitler speech
minimalist composition
low notes only
get a tape recorder and babble into it in tongues
take inspiration from world music (look into master musicians of jojouka for starters)
go to your local record store and buy the seediest foreign record there, sample it
stash a field recorder in and old folk's home
spooky album cover in black and white
>>72057534
that's more like power electronics tier samples
>>
find artist whose stash you wanna rip off
look up what they use on whosampled
find album a sample you like is from
pick the song either 2 tracks before or after it

bonus step: echo nest, neighboring artists

done
>>
oh yeah, also kill yourself
>>
Guitar amp feedback, add chorus that pans it around for a stereo effect, maybe a light phaser, fiddle the gain knob throughout the piece for development
>>
>>72056469
Jerk off, but record it and slow it down. Make the rhythmic pulsing the hard-hitting beat.
>>
>>72061859
do this and put some spooky creaking and whistling over it

don't forget to add tons of reverb
>>
>>72059187
This
Also keep listening to everything around you and record anything that sounds interesting
Metallic objects often give of 'darker' sounds so experiment with trying to make different sounds from it
>>
>>72056469
What is that building?
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.