[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is industrial hip-hop the new nu-metal? >same edgyness of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 1

is industrial hip-hop the new nu-metal?

>same edgyness of instrumentals
>same sometimes dark other times fun lyrics with lots of cringeworthy lines
>same autistic fanbase consisting of kids and manchildren
>anyone can make it (generic riffs then, garageband now)
>>
its your only hope whitey
>>
>>72055477
>is industrial hip-hop the new nu-metal?
obviously yes
>>
>generic riffs then, garageband now
what did he mean by this
>>
>>72056439
nice sage faggot
>>
>>72057287
>>72056496
>>72057732
Nice forced shitposting, faggot.
>>
>>72057747
>shitposting
how's OP is a shitpost?
>>
*farts*

uh oh, it's a stinky one

BRRRRPHLGLGHAAAAAAAP
>>
>>72057747
>shitposting
>>
Where's all the industrial hip hop artists besides DG and clipping?
>>
>>72057828

Dalek is a huge originator and they still make albums
I'm sure there's a somewhat sizable collection of industrial hip hop artists on SoundCloud since Yeezus dropped
>>
>>72057761
>>72057781
Nice forced shitposting, faggot
>>
>>72057747
>>72057963
i guess you don't know what shitposting is
>>
>>72055477
Industrial Hip Hop is as popular as ever, Nu Metal died out quicker than this
>>
>>72058998
except that you can't compare both genres in terms of how long they had been popular yet
and fyi nu-metal was popular for more than a decade
>>
>>72059047
>except that you can't compare both genres in terms of how long they had been popular yet
Yes I can, I just did
>and fyi nu-metal was popular for more than a decade
It started in the early 90s and gained traction in the mid to late 90s and was dead by the mid 00s, Industrial Hip Hop has been around since the 80s
>>
>>72059100
>Yes I can, I just did
you did, but it's irrelevant because industrial hip hop is popular since 2011 and it's still popular, you don't know when it'll become as irrelevant and hated as nu-metal was in the late 00s

>Industrial Hip Hop has been around since the 80s
it wasn't popular up until death grips, the only exception is dalek, which is more like shoegaze rap than industrial hip-hop

death grips is the korn of the neo-industrial hip-hop, while dalek is the ratm
>>
>>72059188
>death grips is the korn of the neo-industrial hip-hop
Nice shifting goal posts, that "neo" prefex doesn't mean shit and you know it. DG is not the "first" of any genre.
>>
>>72059247
>DG is not the "first" of any genre
that's not what i'm saying you autist

>it wasn't popular up until death grips
>>
>>72059282
>autist
Oh damn son, u so cool and edgy with those insults
>it wasn't popular up until death grips
It's been 6 years since DG blew up with ExM and they're more popular than ever, in the 6 years since Nu Metal blew up in 96/97 it was already dying.
>>
>>72059391
>Nu Metal blew up in 96/97
yeah no

>Nu Metal was dying in 96/97
maybe, but not in terms of popularity
>>
>>72059431
>yeah no
yeah yes

>maybe, but not in terms of popularity
I meant 6 years after when it blew up in 96/97 dummy, so 02/03. The only successful Nu Metal release from that era was Meteora.
>>
>>72059495
wanna know how i know you don't know much about nu-metal
>>
>>72059526
Clearly you don't know much about it since none of your arguments so far have been convincing at all
>>
Blackgaze is the new nu-metal
>>
>>72059574
>has reading problems
wanna know how i know you're a death grips fag

well i just said how i know
>>
>>72059598
Oh damn, got me again with those sick burns! XD

Seeing as you've resorted to name calling and insults over actual arguments, it's fairly safe to assume I've won this argument. You can move on to shitposting in another thread now
>>
Soundclous rappers (probably the majority of this year's XXL Freshman list) are the new nu-metal, not industrial hip-hop, IHH has been here for some time now, so no, definitely not the new nu-metal.
>>
>>72060306
>IHH has been here for some time now, so no, definitely not the new nu-metal.
what logic is this
>>
>>72060306
Soundcloud rappers are the new emocore
>>
>>72055477
name 5 popular industrial hip hop bands that aren't death grips, B L A C K I E, clipping or dalek
>>
>>72060729
there are lots of them, but they aren't that popular yet, this is the matter of time, which is proved by the growing popularity of industrial hip-hop
also this >>72060723 post is correct, industrial hip-hop is going to be something inbetween the new nu-metal and the new emocore, there are going to be more rappers like xxxtentacion
>>
>>72059100
>implying
?
>>
>>72060786
that's a whole lot of text for not much information
>>
>>72055477
Djent is the new nu-metal
>>
>>72061327
that's a whole lot of text for not much information
>>
>>72061342
>new
>>
>>72055477
What universe do you live in where acts like Death Grips have the same kind of cultural relevance as nu-metal did?
>>
>>72059646
not him but you're a fucking faggot dude
>>
>>72060707
my point is that it's not a new genre, and it never had the impact on that nu-metal level. nor will it have
>>
>>72063009
>it never had the impact on that nu-metal level. nor will it have
it wasnt popular before death grips made it more accessible, the growing popularity of that genre proves you wrong
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.