/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright guys, get ready, this might sound retarded but bear with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: download (5).jpg (12KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
download (5).jpg
12KB, 225x225px
Alright guys, get ready, this might sound retarded but bear with me. How do you know which MC is rapping? See, for pic related, I recognize Ol' Dirty Bastard, but nobody else. Do you read lyrics online to tell or what? This goes for any other hip-hop group too. Thanks.
>>
> this might sound retarded

it might indeed
>>
>>72049907
If you're listening to wu tang for the first time I recommend pulling up a lyric sheet to see who's rapping and get used to their voice
>>
>>72049907
Listening to it a lot helps but yeah, read the lyrics and get familiar with the rappers
>>
Just recognize one rapper and soon youll realize who is who. Try to see when ghost is rapping or ugod haha
>>
Nah, I get this. For me it was easy to get acquainted with the Wu's voices because most of them do sound pretty distinct. e.g. Ghostface, Raekwon, Method, ODB, RZA. Took me a few listens.

The two voices I had such a hard time with keeping apart from each other though, are Beastie Boys' Ad-Rock and Mike D. Seriously, it took me a few months of listening to distinguish them. MCA just pops out.
>>
>>72049907
All of them have really distinctive flows and style of lyrics.
Basically everytime you hear smart lyrics it's probably GZA, most sick rhymes come from RZA etc.
>>
Just listen to a lot of Wu-Tang and it gets easier.

The only guys that are still kinda hard to tell apart are Inspectah Deck and Masta Killa.
>>
>>72049907
https://youtu.be/4sQ_Itdq1YQ?t=4m47s
highy related
>>
>>72050294
fuck the embedding deleted the timestamp, talking about the outro from 4:47 onward
>>
It's not stupid, of course you don't know who's voice is who is you're new to an album and not looking up any info about it. Most people know from music videos or lyric sheets, plus rappers tend to yell out their own name a lot.
>>
I've listened to that album for years and I still only recognize ODB, RZA, Ghostface and GZA.
>>
>>72050355
I've been listening to CREAM since I was little, so recognizing Raekwon Deck and Mef came pretty easy.
>>
Method Man has the very raspy voice with a lisp and raps about weed
RZA raps fast and calculated and he cant say the R sound ( he pronounces Bill Murray , Bill Muhwee)
GZA has a drawl and raps about science
Ghost has a higher pitch and sounds angry
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.