[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just listened to this for the first time and I always heard how

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: Surf's Up.jpg (123KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Surf's Up.jpg
123KB, 600x600px
Just listened to this for the first time and I always heard how Student Demonstration Time is a pleb filter. How can it? It's just a simple blues song.
>>
i remember listening to that entire album once on my way to school and liking every track besides student demonstration. was brian on this album? i'm not huge into the beach boys, i've only listened to pet sounds and smile
>>
A Day in the Life of a Tree is the best track

>>72040142
Yeah Brian has some stuff on the album, most notably Surf's Up
>>
>>72040191
It's good but it ain't no Til I Die
>>
>>72040066
I found this shit for $4 in a vegas record store, I somehow hadn't heard it until I did there. I liked Student Demo Time on first listen, all Mike Love hate aside. It's fine. Exactly as mood breaking as Money on DSOTM
>>
Put wouldn't it be nice to live again in its place and this album is a 10 to me

I never get sick of Dennis's ballads
>>
>>72040142
last three tracks are brian's
and they're the best ones
>>
>>72040066
I think it's definitely panned too much - I think part of it is that it works better on vinyl as the A-side ending track than a random track in the middle of the album
>>
ive deleted student demonstration time
their manager jack reily was trying to cash in on the whole politically concious aspect of rock music and made them record this. also, the reason its so shit is that it was mostly mike involved. just forget about it entirely its barely a beach boys track
>>
>>72040066
Its a pleb filter because if you like it you're a pleb
>>
>>72040962
This is a really big deal for a lot of albums that people nowadays miss.
>>
I need help getting into this album. I already like Don't Go Near the Water, Disney Girls, Feel Flows, and Surf's Up. What's the next best song to listen to?
>>
>>72043565
just listen to album you idiot
>>
>>72043670
rude
>>
>>72040066
Nice dubs.
Student Demonstration Time is one of my favorite songs off of this particular Beach Boys' album.
>>
>>72043792
yeah sorry
but it was a really silly question anon
seriously just listen to album from the start to the end, its not that long and its great, apart from student demonstration time :)
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.