[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Never been here before, what's the general taste in music?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 1490031163727.jpg (54KB, 305x309px) Image search: [Google]
1490031163727.jpg
54KB, 305x309px
Never been here before, what's the general taste in music? My favourite bands are AC/DC, jimiroquai and Toto.
>>
>>72023273
3/10 jamiroquai is ok
>>
>>72023404
Jamiroquai is only O.K. in the context of Napoleon Dynamite and that's it, anon.
>>
>>72023273
/mu/ does not have one taste as much as some fags would like that to be true.. you'll find threads which you'll fit in, there's threads for every taste
>>
>>72023273
>Never been here before, what's the general taste in music?
Fairly predictable music that you find when you do a bit of looking into music that's made for personal reasons rather than financial appeal.

Vaporwave, some IDM like Boards of Canada, some metal projects like Have a Nice Life. I think you get the idea.

An unfortunate amount of it is just insecure whiteboy politicking and people that don't really have any opinions of their own. They despised emo and punk and insulted anyone that enjoyed it with vacuous insults like "edgy" until those genres made a bit of a comeback and they decided it was okay to listen to it, seemingly because it's what they figured the cool kids liked.

The board's a bit of a cringefest of people seemingly just using music to validate their ego and asking for permission to like things, so the "taste in music" basically just amalgamates in things that look somewhat interesting but are too nondescript to possibly offend anybody.

Then again that's kind of just music though isn't it. Place is a bit twatty but it could be worse.
>>
>>72023480
please point me towards the ACDC general
>>
>>72023670
create one
>>
>>72023658
>some metal projects like Have a Nice Life
lol
>>
>>72023670
Sorry, we don't have 3chorddorks threads anymore
>>
>>72023670
>>>/trash/
>>
File: Mucore.jpg (3MB, 1781x4325px) Image search: [Google]
Mucore.jpg
3MB, 1781x4325px
>>72023273
First and foremost read the sticky.

There isn't a "general taste" on /mu/ so to speak which is reflected by the generals for various genres (in particular k-pop and metal) and usual threads pertaining to artists considered /mu/core (see chart, the only thing that can be considered close to a general taste). That being said, do not expect generals for specific artists such as AC/DC, hard rock is seldom discussed on /mu/ anyhow and is frequently stigmatized as "dad-rock". If you want a good idea on what the average experience of this board is like, then take the progression of the average /mu/tant.

>1st Year of /mu/ - Listens to stuff that they knew beforehand alongside a lot of Death Grips, Radiohead and other frequently spammed artists.
>2nd Year of /mu/ - Has likely listened to most of the first two bars of the /mu/-core section and some of what is considered "Pitchfork-core" (artists that are popularized by that website). Has branched out a lot.
>3rd Year - Listened to at least half of the chart and likely has developed some personal taste and discovered more niche artists.
>Onward - Listened to near all of the chart and knows numerous artists that are not often discussed on the board and are particularly obscure.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.