[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Explain why U2 is bad without resorting to buzzwords and/or compating

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 000011 (1).jpg (63KB, 770x433px) Image search: [Google]
000011 (1).jpg
63KB, 770x433px
Explain why U2 is bad without resorting to buzzwords and/or compating them to Nickelback. That's right, you can't. You morons are way too busy in your comfort zone listening to obscure RYM approved shit and circleierking the idea that mainstream is bad.
>>
>>72019631
because they're not only generic, but downright awfu post-grunge pop rock for moms
>>
>>72019656
>post-grudge
>first album came out in the 70s

this is how smart the average anti-U2 poster is everybody
>>
>>72019656
Nice buzzwords and strawman.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98W9QuMq-2k
>>
>>72019631
Because their music is uninteresting and boring. They have preachy songs that can't ever come across as unique. None of the people in that band have talent.
>>
>>72019698
>Because their music is uninteresting and boring
Not really. They have lots of songs with good songwritting. They are just an unchallening and safe band; that doesn't make them bad.

>They have preachy songs that can't ever come across as unique.
So by your logic, any bands with emotional lyrics are not unique? lmao

>None of the people in that band have talent.
This a false statement, also not an argument. Nice try.
>>
>>72019631
>U2 poster has been autistic as fuck this whole week, even trying to make /u2/ general
just kys nobody likes this FAGGOT WHINY BULLSHIT
>>
Keep it up OP. You're doing god's work. War is a great fucking album.
>>
File: 1476380872853.png (377KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
1476380872853.png
377KB, 500x400px
>>72019975
>Unchallenging and safe
Exactly my point. Don't get me wrong, not every song is supposed to be a mindfuck, but at least make it interesting. I don't ever really get that from U2.

Not at all what I was saying. When I listen to a U2 song that's about war or peace or whatever, I just never really can feel genuine emotion at all. It's so bland and boring that it just can't grab me.

Please show me one moment of actual exciting talent in that band and I will retract my statement. Watching The Edge in "It Might Get Loud" was embarrassing. "Oh yeah I just throw a bunch of pedals on and then just play three notes the whole song" Next to Jack White and Jimmy Paige he looked like a fucking fool.

I've grown up listening to U2 as my mom is a huge fan. I don't mind some of it, but seriously their music is overrated and boring and sterile and safe. It's fake deep and pretentious.
>>
>>72020066
we're all having a great time at U2 general

U2 is a great band, get over it
>>
People think that by hating U2 they validate their taste as patrician
>>
>>72020066
don't knock U2 general
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.