[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have you given this album a listen? Did you like it, did you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: a-crow-mount-eerie.jpg (51KB, 640x639px) Image search: [Google]
a-crow-mount-eerie.jpg
51KB, 640x639px
Have you given this album a listen? Did you like it, did you hate it? What would you rate it?

no, but seriously. thoughts on this album so far boys?
>>
>>72018515
Great slam poetry
>>
I liked it, but I felt like I shouldn't be listening to it because of how personal it is.
>>
>>72019501
ya, it doesn't feel like something I could casually play in the background like the glow pt 2. feels almost distasteful
>>
>>72018515
people with banter like yours are the ones who like it
>>
I've listened to it a couple times and I've found it difficult to process. You have to start off by recognizing that there is a total lack of artistry but instead the album offers pure emotional honesty. From there you can either heighten it to modern art or reduce it the ramblings of a broken man and I fear many are disingenuous when discussing this album. Making it worse, it's impossible poorly rate this album without looking like a huge asshole.
If releasing the album helps with his grief then I'm glad it's out there, but otherwise I can't fathom to understand why it was issued.
>>
>>72019984
sorry my dude
>>
dude death lmao
>>
>>72021163
Fuck you I hope your loved ones get cancer. Seriously fuck you. I hope you're a shell of a person.
>>
>>72021398
Hey man that's harsh. You should never wish cancer on anybody.
>>
>>72021415
someone who makes fun of people dying deserves it though
>>
It's really moving, and this is coming from someone who has never listened to a Phil Elverum project before. I'm also not really one for stripped back, purely acoustic albums, but I can't deny how powerful this record is.

It's bizarre too, because it's difficult to listen to a "pop" album right after without thinking, "This feels a bit meaningless after just hearing THAT".

"Swims" is the track I find to be the most powerful ("favorite" seems inappropriate).

"Today our daughter asked me if Mama swims. I told her 'Yes she does. And that's probably all she does, now'"
>>
>>72018515
It made me cry

The way the loss would bounce around and have tons of little ramifications was really relatable for me. Later in the album some of his comments were so anal and specific that it was almost funny.
>>
>>72018515
so far? dude, it sucked, it's over
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.