[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do metalheads, like those over in /metal/, like to call everyone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: zipperhoodiev.jpg (183KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
zipperhoodiev.jpg
183KB, 960x1280px
Why do metalheads, like those over in /metal/, like to call everyone who disagrees with them nu-males or sissies?
>>
>>72009857
They are insecure
>>
>>72009857
Most people that have an issue with metal or prog have stylistic issues with it. They prefer minimalism over maximalism. Since minimalism is associated with femininity, they associate the persons preference for more traditionally effeminate styles of music with them being effeminate. Or also this >>72009876
>>
>>72009857
Why is he hiding his identity?
>>
>>72009980
is as simple as them thinking metal is brootal, aggressive, and masculine and everything else is feminine like you said
>>
>>72009857
/fit/ or /pol/ memes
>>
>>72009857
It's a stupid meme, i'm kinda fit into the numale box and my favorite metal albums are none so vile and altars of madness
>inb4 someone says it's numale albums
kys senpai
>>
>>72010103
Close. Most of mu likes feminine (minimalist) music. Folk, punk/post-punk, post-rock. They are dismissive of music that tries to be maximalist such as metal or prog. It's a carry over from popular-music critics who only really give credence to minimalist music.
>>
File: nu-male metal.jpg (1018KB, 1672x2084px) Image search: [Google]
nu-male metal.jpg
1018KB, 1672x2084px
literally this thread
>>
>>72009876
And immature.
>>
>>72009876
>>72011234
>this is coming from /mu/tants
irony at its paroxysm
>>
it's a meme u dip
>>
>>72009857
It's just a meme m8
>>
>>72011179
thanks for the recs
>>
>>72009857
because nu-males like yourself get upset and reply to them and make threads like these
>>
What is the nu-male movement? We must know it so that we can deny its advances when it comes to tempt us.

Nu-male is safe but progressive.
Nu-male is accessible but intolerant.
Nu-male is intellectual but facile.

Nu-male is a product invented from whole cloth, an unnatural academic foray into metal, adorned with stolen designs like a Christmas tree with baubles - and no less commercial. Nu-male is an appropriation of the sound of danger, and thus represents a marginalization and disenfranchisement of the progenitors and true artists that work with that sound. Nu-male does not celebrate its origin; nu-male uses its origin as the basis of a semantic fallacy in order to bootstrap its own agenda into legitimacy. The often-mocked term applied to it is actually entirely accurate: nu-male is untrue. It is false. It is a sheep in wolfs' clothing. It is a cultural assault perpetrated on a genre that is already made defenseless by way of its own defense: the isolation from the mainstream. With no representative in popular culture, the industry and critic complex are free to plunder the vaults of true metal, cobble together whatever disarmed Frankenstein's monster they please and sell it to the general public as a morally safe and forward-thinking product - as socially or artistically "acceptable" metal.

True metal is not acceptable. It is a hate crime.
>>
>>72012488
ok
>>
>>72012488
try harder
>>
>>72012488
this is why you dont have a girlfriend
>>
>>72012674
>>72013261
it's pasta you autists
>>
>>72013294
i know
>>
>>72009857
>still listening to metal
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.