[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: One uplifting song that ruins an otherwise perfect and completely

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

File: MWAW.jpg (421KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
MWAW.jpg
421KB, 800x800px
I'll start : *DELETE MONEY*

*DELETE HAVE A CIGAR*

*DELETE YOUNG LUST*

only Animals is 10/10
>>
Why is Money constantly circlejerked on classic rock stations?
It's a pretty mediocre track on an otherwise solid album.
>>
>>72006789
Have a cigar and young lust are much better radio tunes and have cigar is the second best floyd tune they ever play on the radio
>>
>>72006789
right?
delete Money and it's a ahead of time album

that fucking 70s vibe is written all over it

>>72006818
I personally don't have anything against Money and Have a Cigar, I can listen to them as songs, but not as part of those two albums

Young Lust is bad, so not Pink Floyd, demo version is good though
>>
File: Picture4.png-c200.png (53KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
Picture4.png-c200.png
53KB, 200x200px
>>72006789
Also, what do people have against The Great Gig in the Sky? I've seen a lot of complaints about it, but I feel it's one of the tracks that defines Pink Floyd.

>mfw the woman's voice kicks in
>>
>>72006891
Any colour you like is the best instrumental section of dsotm
>>
>>72006721
>young lust is too uplifting
>different mood from the rest of the album
Whoever says this is completely missing the point of the song
>>
>>72007492
you should listen to the demo version, that one is more fitting with the theme than this one imo
>>
>>72006721
>any of these songs
>uplifting
???
>>
File: d2428cd6e82ada04481438fd3820f563.jpg (528KB, 1035x1035px) Image search: [Google]
d2428cd6e82ada04481438fd3820f563.jpg
528KB, 1035x1035px
>I SURVIIIIIIIIIII-EYE-EYE-'D
>EEEEEEVERYTHING
>*The Cure's Just Like Heaven starts playing*

wtf trent
>>
>I'M RUNNING OUT OF TIME I'M OUT OF STEP AND CLOSING DOWN
>WHENEVER I'M ALONE WITH YOU YOU MAKE ME FEEL LIKE I AM HOME AGAIN
>I'M SO GLAD YOU CAME I'M SO GLAD YOU REMEMBERED

*DELETE LOVESONG*
>>
>>72009034
well the arrangements, yes!
>>
>>72006721
Have A Cigar is fantastic, mate. It doesn't ruin the flow of the album.
>>
File: obiwan.jpg (10KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
obiwan.jpg
10KB, 225x225px
>Electioneering
obvious

The lyrics ain't that uplifting but the melody is so much more than the rest
>>
>>72006721
But have a cigar is a centerpiece on that album for a reason. Wish You Were Here was all about Syd's breakdown, the band coping with his mental status, and the music industry attempting to capitalize on it despite not knowing anything about the group/
>>
>>72009254
Fuck off. Climbing Up The Walls is the worst track
>>
>>72010002
'no'
>>
>Student Demonstration Time
>The Seeeeeecret Life of Arabia
>>
>>72010396
I love The Secret Life Of Arabia but its placement on the album is so jarring
>>
>>72010396
agree with student demo time. keeps surfs up from a 10/10
>>
>>72006721
whats wrong with have a cigar? it even uses the same synths as in welcome to the machine and animals songs.
>>
Joan was quizzical...
>>
>>72006721
How are any of those songs uplifiting? None of them are bright and sunny lyrically. Musically they're just slightly funky, but not in a disco/dance way.

I can kinda understand not digging Money since it's massively overplayed. But only an absolute pleb would get rid of Have A Cigar.
>>
>>72010396
THE SEEEEEEEEEEEEEEECRET LY-HIFE
of AAAAHrayh-byia
>>
>>72006721
While Young Lust is a shitty song it 100% has a good reason to sound the way it does in the position of the album. Since He's going for a revenge fuck the album turns into a stereotypical 80's cock rock song while Davids stern strong vocals contrast the actual character represented in Roger's voice. which is shaky and almost pathetic in tone
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.