[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is Radiohead hated on so much here? Because they make mostly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: 1491317134983s.jpg (8KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1491317134983s.jpg
8KB, 250x250px
Why is Radiohead hated on so much here? Because they make mostly chorus based songs? Who do you think is better than Radiohead?
>>
>>71994690
Radiohead is possibly /mu/'s single favourite band. The majority of the hate they receive is a product of hype backlash.

That said, they only really have 3 good albums.

>Who do you think is better than Radiohead?
Can
David Bowie
Sonic Youth
My Bloody Valentine
Talk Talk
>>
>>71994690
Beethoven
>>
>>71994690

There was a /mu/ march madness bracket in 2015 I believe, and Radiohead won. I think deathgrips was 2 and Bowie was 3.
>>
>>71994898
i can always get down with my man ludwig van
>>
>>71994690
Crime In choir
Volta do Mar
A picture of Her
The Qualitons
ZZZZ
Estradasphere
dd/mm/yyyy
And So I Watch You From Afar
Gilles corey
>>
>>71994690
THE ENTIRE GHOST AMBIENT MICROGENRE
>>
Fugazi
Iceage
My Bloody Valentine
Animal Collective
Unwound
Boards of Canada
Aphex Twin
The Velvet Underground
Mercury Rev
Bob Dylan
>>
>>71994690
Because it's an echo chamber like any other music board. People go with the trends.

/mu/ spent forever jerking off both Radiohead and Death Grips and now fans of both are talked down to here.

Believing /mu/ has well-formed opinions is a mistake anyways.
>>
>>71994690
Radio Head started to go downhill after OK Computer. Most of their work prior is pretty grade A
>>
hate to parrot scaruffi but he's right on the money when he called them faux avant garde

they're not good experimental music
they're not interesting pop music

truly void of anything other than the sound of a 16 year old white guy masturbating about how he's really into music because he watches fantano
>>
>>71995885

>animal collective

jesus don't embarrass yourself
>>
>>71996817
even anco is better than redditohead
>>
Literally the only Radiohead i find interesting is AMSP
>>
>>71996877
inb4 music theory
>>
>>71994690
> who do you think is better?

In terms of that kind of music

The Smiths
The La's
Stereolab

Radiohead is still amazing though
>>
>>71997426
all three of these are wrong
>>
>>71996776
>most of their prior work is pretty grade A

Pablo Honey is a shitty generic rock album the only notable quality of which was giving us another Wonderwall-Tier song that literally every tired eyed coffee shop king of indie condensed milk looking motherfucker who has been playing acoustic guitar for 3 months poorly covers ad nauseum
>>
>>71996843
(not true, by the way)
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.