[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>turns to shit after 2 listens Maybe I lied to myself that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: cover.jpg (75KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
75KB, 700x700px
>turns to shit after 2 listens
Maybe I lied to myself that I liked it in the first place.
>>
Panera bread
>>
This album feels like Mark wrote Carissa (good song), so he wanted to do an album with a similar concept and wrote some more okay tracks, then he was forced to write even more to break an hour in order to get it released.
>>
I'm not sure about that son
>>
i thought it was funny when this blew up because it pales in comparison to ghosts and admiral
>>
>>71988775
universal themes is better also
>>
>>71988826
Now that's just plain wrong.
>>
>>71988985
nope i disagree 100%
i enjoy all of his records but UT is hugely underrated by far. wasn't for that fiasco with the journalist it would be praised just as much as benji
give it another try man.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7h3bd2YSWs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JpvfQU53D3Y
>>
>>71989023
I only like Birds of Films from UT.
>>
>>71988518
you said it- Carissa, Micheline, and I Can't Live Without My Mother's Love are excellent. but the album is just too long and some songs straight blow

this describes most recent mark releases
>>
>>71989209
>Carissa, Micheline, and I Can't Live Without My Mother's Love
No way mate, Carissa is way too long. It should have been like 4 minutes not almost 7. Really, the only good song on this album is Jim Wise.
>>
I feel like a massive pleb for Benji being by far my favourite Mark release (of what I've heard, which is admittedly not much), but I really do think it deserves all the praise it got, and almost every song on the album is beautiful to me.
I've listened to Ghosts of the Great Highway, Universal Themes, and Admiral Fell Promises, as well as the first RHP album, and while they're all good (particularly Ghosts and RHP), they still don't get me the way Benji does.
This board also seems to really overrate Universal Themes, I think it's a solid album, but the criticisms about Mark's songwriting are pretty legitimate imo, and it's not as musically interesting either
>>
>>71989414
>and it's not as musically interesting either
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7h3bd2YSWs
stop posting plz
>>
>>71989439
Overall it isn't, Birds of Films is lovely, but a song like Ali/Spinks 2 just isn't something I'm ever going to want to listen to
>>
>>71989490
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4iYXN4HHpE
how is this bad again buddy?
>>
>>71988518
>had to break an hour to get it released
You know that Mark releases his own albums right? He does whatever the hell he wants.

While I agree that Carissa is the best song, or at least my favorite, they're aren't any straight up BAD songs on it to me. They all have their merits. Carissa are both incredible I Watched the Film The Song Remains the Same and the rest of the album is varying shades of good. All in all it's either a 7/10 or an 8/10 for me.
>>
>>71989509
>bad
>"they're all good"
>"it's a solid album"
When did I say it was bad again buddy?
I like it, just in comparison to Benji I find the lyrics less compelling, and a lot of instrumental ideas get repetitious (imo)
This Is My First Day... is a good song, the point of my original post wasn't to shit on UT, it was to defend Benji
>>
>>71989660
thats fine just know Most people feel the rain, mark just get wet.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.